1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Souloid discussion part 1

Sep 15, 2011

1. Nice! Those look perfect ! Thanks @Snowy

2. @skyealloway No probs. I'm a sucker for little decorative stuff, so uh... I either got it or know where to get it or what it's called or some round about way to find what I want and yeah... stuff.... Glad it's of help to you :)

3. Hello all! I just got a Phiel from the marketplace, and I am absolutely in love. The body is so much more detailed and lovely in person, and he's so beautiful in general. I'm still deciding on a wig and faceup style, if anyone wants to chat about it!

[​IMG]

4. @Twillow he must be silver, he looks lovely. When I got Diget I was amazed by the details too. I've put a Unoa Be-l head on him for a new character but that body is what makes the character shine.
      What do you have in mind for yours?

5. I believe he is the gold series (though that seems to be the same as silver, just a different color of pillow). I actually really love the Phiel face sculpt, but yes, the body is what sold me. I am an absolute sucker for androids.

The character idea is a sort of aloof inventor android who's been alone for quite a long time. For company, he created other robots (my excuse for my small army of animal-inspired tinies), so perhaps I'll give him stained fingers, as if he's been working with oil or paints or wires... Eventually a human woman shows up and a Beauty and the Beast sort of story commences. So, I imagine he's aware that he's entirely synthetic, but a little frustrated with his limitations, especially once a real human appears and he is faced with his inhumanity... he's probably a bit vain. I was imagining white or platinum blond hair, really short and styled, but that's a hard wig to find. I really liked this wig for him as well, leaning more on the age and unkempt inventor angle: Custom made bjd mohair wig grey wig BJD outfit Sd mohair wig MSD mohair wig YOSD mohair wig kaye wiggs mohair wig

I've ordered silver and hyper-blue eyes to see how those look... but the exact details are all still up in the air.

6. Nice wig and cool story. Please post photos as you work on him.
      Here is the latest photo of my Souloid hybrid, BB.
      [​IMG]bb and callous by SteamWitch, on Flickr

7. congrats! Welcome to the collective

8. @Twillow congratulations!
      From the way ou described the wig... Maybe look up Licht wigs? I ordered some white and silver wigs in 6-7 there only a short while ago :)

@SteamWitch Wow, the blushing is really cool :D

@skyealloway ... collective? *slowly backs away*

9. Oooh, those are beautiful wigs, and the prices are very reasonable. Thanks for the suggestion! This one looks like a possibility, in silver: 468(2 color)_Wigs_licht2.5D

10. I love her aesthetic, face and body. I'm also deciding what to do with my boy's body... I might just do a few small bits in metalics, or mat blacks.

11. Oooh, great to see photos on this thread. I really think the Souloid bodies are just beautifully done. All the jointing is very nice, too--looking perfect for an android body, and working well, too!

Twillow-- Congrats on getting your boy!

SteamWitch -- Your girl is fantastic!

:D

12. Thanks, BB is actually non-gendered but will accept either pronoun.

13. @SteamWitch -- Oh, I'm glad either pronoun is ok, then! --- I really wish there was a neutral pronoun that was easy to use for everyone!

14. Exactly, :3nodding: and especially with BJDs it can be very difficult to determine binary gender by appearance only, even with cyborgs. :horror:
      I hid the chest because of the tattoo that identifies Cricket, the Diget head/male character who's is floating right now. :sweat

15. @Twillow Glad it's of some help.
      Licht is among my favourite wig makers :D

I saved a package cardboard thingy today from landing in the recycle box. It's the perfect base for the tube I want to make for Qu (my Diget). It's supposed to be some sort of regeneration tube, like what you might know from mecha-anime or stuff like that (Voltron has them for example and it might be a different version of the ones the Borgs from Star Trek use).
      Theoretically Qu doesn't need that. ... Truth is, I like that kind of stuff, so he's getting one for photo reasons *0*

16. @Snowy that sounds like a cool idea! Dang I wish I could nail down what Seth's deal is...

17. Anybody tried putting pants on their souloid? I always felt like a crop too or cloak or jacket was suitable , but my husband was like why don't he wear pants sometimes? And I was like I dunno. Well the only baggy pants I had for MSD were not only two short, but too tight at the thigh and waist.

Thoughts?

18. They are just a tad bigger than a normal MSD so look at their Kids clothes, they are 47cm.

19. Even the pants provided by Souldoll for Soulkids of the NL series won't properly fit unless they are loose due to the extras (cables and stuff). I do remember that someone said JID (MSD size from Iplehouse) pants fit. Again, you want to go for those that look loose on the JID boy bodies.

20. Thanks y'all !