1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Souloid discussion part 1

Sep 15, 2011

1. Ahhhh the wings will be here this week! I went a little crazy and decided his upper body needed to be blushed in anticipation of his wing arrival, and now he's in pieces :sweat
      Oops what if his wings arrive before I'm done wAhhhh:doh

I'm about to skim through this thread for examples of blushing. Has anyone tried to make their doll have a dirtier look? Like I feel like his hands might be stained with oil like a mechanics hands from working on his parts....but I'm also nervous at the idea since most dolls tend to look like freshly washed people.

I also picked the PERFECT wig for him but I'll have to wait for the next preorder window. I'm looking at a frappzilla studio wig in Oil Slick color and their lion mane style- I think it is a great representation of hair that would be swept about from flying :) Lionhead Cut

And he's got a new shirt in the mail from Alice Collection. He's coming together!

2. Look what I have :kitty2

[​IMG]

I uploaded a bunch of quick cell phone pics like this to my Flickr :lol:

3. Dang, that is what I really wanted to do but couldn't afford it. He looks wonderful as expected!!!!!!

4. Thank you! There's still hope- maybe someone will decide to split off their wings later ;)

5. Oh, wow! Those wings go great with him! :D

6. I got a light box off amazon and had some fun with it.
      The winged mechanic
      Dat butt... lol my lighting may need some adjustments:blush

7. Cool, the lighting is great and I love those wings on him.

8. Looks like I'm not the only one that got the Luts wings for their Souloid...I haven't had a chance to get a good picture of my 2 yet. Very cool.

9. Oooo very science fiction. What’s the story?

10. @skyealloway Oh, it’s semi-cliche ^^•
      There are ruins of various old civilizations all over the world my MSD middelage/fantasy world.
      Most of them were highly advanced. The remains of one particular culture hints that they were proficient in both magic and technology.
      One of my adventure groups will hook up with my ruins expert (a kind of archeologist, if you want) and find a hidden mechanism leading into an unknown part of a ruin. In there they will find and accidentally awaken Qu.

Qu is the last known... survivor of a culture long gone. Originally born as a human, he got into a deadly accident. His family were gifted magical engineers and they kind of transfered his brainwaves/memories/personality in electronic signals to put his ‚soul‘ into a prototype he himself had been making. A sort of mechanical homunculus with a magical core.
      They never got to activate him due to certain war-like circumstances and thus hid him away so noone could take advantage of him and to bring him back once it was save.
      Well... obviously that never happened. Until now ;3

11. Cool story! Love the photo! :thumbup

12. @april Thank you -^3^- I'm really happy I could pull it off at last!

Maybe there will be a continuation of that pic (when he's found) in the (near?) future, as soon as I have enough time to set everything up and add the finishing touches ^^°

... Or not that early. I just realized I still need my ruin explorer's partner reshelled X.x (Haven't found 'the' mold yet *sigh*)

13. My neglected Souloid got a new wig! I got a frapzilla wing sized for teenie gem and it fits perfect. its very soft, although the color blend, petrol, is a little more of a "blue black with ocassional bright purple piece" instead of an oil slick color like it'd hoped.
      [​IMG]Frappzilla wig by Skyealloway, on Flickr

14. He looks great and I'm still jealous of those wings. :love

15. Anyone got new pics to share?
      I'm currently back in my mecha/Souloid fever and would love to see all the Soulids right now -^^-
      Also got my 2nd one incoming and need some other mecha to keep me busy from repeatly hitting the tracking refresh button every other second XD

16. No new pictures, my Lavi is currently headless. Sold the Lavi Head, needed quick cash. Now I’m sad about it but what can you do lol - I’m looking for a replacement sculpt. The one that fits beg is Aehael, naturally. Anyone have any other sculpts on their Souloid bodies for my inspiration?