1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Souloid discussion part 1

Sep 15, 2011

1. @britnirose Aw, that's too bad :(
      Hope you can find a replacement.

@Sadomina has/had a Soom head on her Souloid body.

@SteamWitch Ooooh. I remember your boy. Loved the bronze/rust style you worked onto your boy ^^
      I wanna do some slight use/aging on the golden incoming body as well -^^-

2. I really should take more photos of my Iraki... --and others should take more photos of their souloids, too! :XD:

3. Not a new picture but I had a resinsoul head on my souloid for a while and it worked really well.
      Lounging

Here’s one of my newer pictures Frapzilla Lioncut

4. Bad photo but here are my two with the Luts Mechanical Wings...these two still need faceups...bleh
      [​IMG]

#505 Kitty Blue, Jul 5, 2018
      Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    5. I have the Titika head on my Phiel Gold Mechanic. Not a very decent pic of him, but this is Warrick.
      [​IMG]Warrick by ID Locke, on Flickr

6. @Kitty Blue hah I didn’t know you had the Luts wings on yours too! Man I bet it is much sturdier with boobs to hold them in place... are you going to paint yours?

7. @april Yes, you totally should XD
      (are there even any? Starting do doubt it XP

@skyealloway
      Oh, I haven't seen this one in a while!
      What caught my eye this time with your boy, is that you used the 'human feet'. I don't think I ever noticed this before, but I also think I've ever seen a Souloid with the non-mecha feet before :3
      It's kina a rather unique touch? -^^-

@Kitty Blue
      Wooooha. I ddn't knew you had two in tan-black and with the black wings. So lovely~~~
      And those black parts are really a lovely deep black... I love ^^

@Iron_Dog: Why... Hello~~~~~ Warrick.
      Nice to meet cha. I don't think your owner ever introduced us :3
      Thou arth a very handsome fella.
      Very nice style~

(EDIT: Btw I asked Souldoll via Instagramm if there's going to be a release or re-release of the Souloids, since I'm still on the hunt of the other two Souloid body variations I'm missing, and they have stayed suspicously silent, when last time I asked, they were rather quick to answer. Hoping this means something good? ^^°)

8. Yay--souloid photos!!!

I've kept the human feet on my Iraki... but he's wearing those partial foot-covers, so it's hard to see... *(old photo)
      [​IMG]12-07-Iraki-Ikaros_6662a by aprilllee, on Flickr

My Iraki is currently out of his fullset outfit because the black totally stained him! I went through tons of scrubbing by magic erasers to get him un-stained...!

9. Iraki is an Iconic doll. Your photo is wonderful and I'm so glad to see him.

10. @Snowy yes I used to prefer the human feet, but a few years ago one of the ankles got a bad chip and he’s worn the robot feet ever since :(
      @april ack! I guess I’ve not used the fullest enough to have that problem, how terrible!

Recently I’ve regretted having the black and white fullset instead of the orange brown fullset. My husband made the decision that he doesn’t like my Iraki anymore, so every time it’s time to assess who I might should sell, he’s always suggesting poor Seth :sigh. I don’t think I’ll be parting with him thou ;)

11. My Iraki body with Sooom head:
      [​IMG]

12. @Sadomina holy cow that’s awesome! I’ve never seen one styled quite like that, the effect is perfect with the white skin!!

13. Thanks so much for your comment <3

14. I don't think I've ever seen them re release any of their limited dolls but never know. I'm really sad that I missed Lavi and Phiel...I really wanted to get them both I just totally forgot and then the limited period was over..same as a few of their other dolls. In fact I'm still waiting on one of their dolls that I ordered in October.

I would love for them to release another souloid maybe in a fantasy color like a red, youcould totally make a iron man/woman inspired look..lol.

Yes the black resin is amazing...I really love all of their different skin colors they have had over the years as well. I've been ordering some of their fantasy dolls and always get the special colors they offer. Still don't have any of their dolls in their grey resin yet though.

15. @april ... nowadays that's not called old. It's called vintage. your boy still looks brand new thought and I'd totally invite him to move in with me XD
      O.o oh darn. No chance the black staining actually looks good? (I guess not, stains rarely make a cool pattern u.u)

@skyealloway Oh dear, that's so sad when you prefer those.
      I believe I have a brand new pair, still bubble wrapped somewhere from my Diget, that I don't really need....

I wish I had one of the Iraki sets too (especially the one with orange hair XD I have plans for a future Souloid with orange hair).

Pft! How can you husband NOT LOVE MECHAS (or androids, or cyborgs or whatever! Especialyl the Souloids are so darn cool!!!)

@Sadomina welcome to my favourite place on the Citad-... I mean on DoA.
      Other than the MP, that is ;P

@Kitty Blue
      Plz stop reading my mind. Ironman-styled would be great.
      Another reason why I need the other two versions XD

Admittedly, I'm planning to adjust a Megaman/Rockman OC I designed many years ago to a Souloid. Once I can get my hands on an all white one ^^°

16. Well--- my Iraki looks new in the photo because it was taken when he first arrived! (I think he's aged OK, though.)

The black staining was the worst I've experienced. But after many sessions of magic eraser, I think I got most of it out and you really can't see it. I had to re-spray his body, though (also to make sure he had some protection if it happened again).

I dipped his outfit in some dye-setting/washing liquid, but I'm not sure how well that worked.

I bought some of the other Iraki outfits, so I will have to try him out in those before I try the black one again (although I love how he looks in that black outfit!).

17. @april Good think you got the stains off.... Any new pics in his other outfits? or outfit combinations?

My 2nd one came today. His name is going to be ZeroOne and he's... a special unit, that I'm not revealing to much of yet, cause I dunno if I can pull through with my plans.
      So here he is, a tan Walter on Phiel's golden body and he came with an unexpected surprise:

[​IMG]Souloid army in making ❤️ by Wildcard_Snowy, auf Flickr

I didn't knew the new Souloid body was shorter (legs ar shorter, ball joint of foot itself its lower) than the original one!
      This suits me just fine, but it surely came as a surprise.

That said, I realized I'm not running out of extra eyes or wigs, but - surprise, surprise - I had barelly anything going into the direction I want ZeroOne to go. Hoping to get eyes made by now, as I can't find the one I originally planned anymore and as for wig... I wanted a rally BRIGHT ORANGE one, but I can't find the one I had seen before either, so contemplating an orange Monique wig (Faith) and chop chop chop chopping off a lot of hair, unless i can find another that I believe would work.
      Color shade for the eyes is going to be black-greenish if all goes well.
      Also intending to do some blushing on that sexy body of his. His registry number/name needs to go somwhere and I'm contemplating maybe the same area as Qu's mark just in numbers 01 and 'ZeroOne' written on his back, over the shoulder blades. For the body, I want to try and make the gold shine some more, before giving them a used/dirty perhaps even rusty shade. (I did my best to empathize Qu's curves and details with black pastel and that's definitly something I want for ZeroOne as well).

Other than that, I'm thinking of maybe adding some extra color. Perhaps some red details (yes, I'm an IronMan fan and I'm totally in love with the red-gold combo ^3^). I'll see ;9

18. @Snowy oh cool! I had no idea they were shorter! I had a mohair Luts wig from forever ago that was bright orange. Have you considered making a yarn wig? You can get yarn in bright orange. I really enjoy the few yarn wigs I’ve made (I kind of regret spending the money on the frappzilla wig now cuz I’ve been real happy with my results)

19. @skyealloway Yeah, me neither. I think I would have picked it up if it had been mentioned so far xD But I think few have an old model and a new one.

I haven’t actually. I tried making a fibre wig once and gave up soon. I don’t really have the patience for it
      How long do you work on one?