1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Souloid discussion part 1

Sep 15, 2011

1. That size difference is a surprise to me, too! Somehow I would have thought the gold body would be taller... I wonder if they had to remake the molds and had that shrinking thing happen? Hmmm.

But I agree that the size difference is good. I like dolls that are slightly different. I think I didn't get another boy souloid because I already had Iraki... I was tempted a lot by the girl souloids for that reason...

It's been hot here and I've been feeling lazy... haven't done much with any dolls at all for far too long. :(

2. @Snowy not long, if I’m not super busy I can do one in a weekend, leaving time for drying of the cap and wefts and subsequent layers. I like that I can start on a Monday and put just a bit of time in each evening and be done by Friday :) it’s a satisfying activity for me as a busy mom because it’s easy to drop what I’m doing and pick back where I left off.

3. @april I do believe so as well. I noticed a lot of areas where it seems they... glued things in? Not sure if it's a resin batch not taking the color, but I got white areas where the tubes connect to the body as well as along the spine.
      While taking pics and handling them, I've also noticed other differences, that I did not notice when I originally compared the company pics of old body and new.

Well, the upside? The female Souloids show up on the MP or otherwise a lot more often than the boys.
      Still irks me that there seem to be many more out there, but the owners seem shy showing them off? I keep finding the same Souloid pics no matter what search engine I use. Not that they aren't fun to look at, but... I wanna see (and own) more?

Eh, i feel you. It's hot here too and is part of the reason why I got lots of unfinised dolls lining up in my guest room ^^°

@skyealloway Wow. Still sounds like a lot of work. I admire your patience and look forward to seeing the result ;)
      Also: that sounds practical XD

4. do you think there is any chance that there will be a new release for Souloids? I would die for a Souloid boy but I can't find one anywhere on the second-hand market :atremblin

5. @Lornica --I do hope they will release more! Maybe you can write to Souldoll? ... it can't hurt to show your interest.

@Snowy -- Heh. You made me go look on the Marketplace... ! And I really do not need more dolls...!!!

#525 april, Sep 30, 2018
      Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    6. @Lornica I last texted them oon August 7th were they told me "Hi. We are not sur about it and we don't have any plans to rerelase any Souloids within the year. Sorry about it."

Contact them and ask, and maybe they'll realize that ppl STILL WANT THEM.

That said, there's no dying required to get a Souloid boy. Just a bit larger buget, if you want one soonish: <b><i>BALL JOINTED DOLLS++</i></ | Soul Doll | Dolls | SDDiget | Doll Peddlar | Dolls, Clothing and Accessories
      Diget Souloid Fullset (without outfit) plus human body. It's ... not cheap, but no dying required :3

I'm also a mini bit sorry to say, that if there were one to pop up on the 2nd hand market for a reasonable price and it's one of the two versions I don't have yet, I'm likely to snatch it up XD (still missing the white and black Souloid mecha parts body *coughs*)

@april ... Sorry, I'm totally not sorry. ...
      .... Did you find and get one? XD
      That said, if you didn't: <b><i>BALL JOINTED DOLLS++</i></ | Soul Doll | Dolls | SDDara | Doll Peddlar | Dolls, Clothing and Accessories
      Same prob as above: Souloid Fullset (without outfit) plus human body, makes it a bit of a pricy purchase.
      Likely the reason why they are still in stock XD

*slips out of thread ninja style, listening to woes of anguish at the prices, yet tempting obtainability*

7. @Snowy -- oh, I didn't see that one! It's actually LESS than the Ier on the Marketplace... So no, I'm not buying. Although both are tempting!!! And both of the Doll Peddler souloids have the steelskin metal parts, which is cool.

-- I'm heading to L-Doll in October, so that and the travel expenses to France have eaten all my doll money! :chomp::chomp::chomp:

8. @april ... Ouch. I guess that was paypack for tempting you... Ugh. I'd SOOOOOOOOO love to go to LDoll, but that weekend is exactly the last weekend I absolutly can't go (I'm working on Saturday and have no chance to get to France, do some shopping and return in time for Monday work on time) T^T If only it had been a week later... I'd have extra money to spend on top ^^°

But yes, better to wait until after LDoll then ^^°
      Maybe you'll even find one there? (Is there a 2nd hand market?)

Both Souloids have been up there for quite some time (since their release, well, duh ^^°) and I don't think they'll disappear anytime soon.

As for the Ier, that one is in tan and black, no? That was quite pricy upon release, if I remember correctly. With body blushing on top... ouchies for the savings ^^°

9. I'm all the way in California, so it is a LONG trip to France. I've been a number of times before, but it's difficult to do it very often... I think the last time I was in Europe was in 2009, so it's been a while. Just going to France this time with a friend who is also into bjds. She's never been to France, so I'm sort of just tagging along to all the spots she needs to see. It'll be nice... Paris, Mt. St. Michel, some Loire Valley--and L-Doll! :XD:

Gah--I hope there isn't a second-hand market!!! I already ordered 3 tinies from Mewiefish, Nympheas and Fea Doll... I won't have any room in the luggage for much else!

I'm sorry you can't make it. It would have been fun to meet you! (although I'm very boring in-person) :sweat I think they have L-Dolls every other year? So there will be other chances for you, at least.

Yes, I'm sure there is a reason they are asking so much for that Ier! She's also got a lot of blushing and tattoos and such. Very pretty. But I SO do NOT need another doll, even though I love the Souloids! I haven't even played enough with the one I have... :doh

10. Thank you for the link. Maybe I will consider it if the doll is still available at the end of the year... next month I plan on going to LDoll and I am currently awaiting two other dolls so I should really try to save up a bit of money XD
      Maybe a doll will pop up second hand (one you already have XD so I have a chance)
      I may even consider writing them a mail and be the next one to ask for a re-release xD

11. Having a souloid body and a human body is what’s driving the price on those. Who would want to be human when you could be souloid :wiggle

12. good point^^ I don't need the human body... (in fact I would totally be willing to buy just the souloid body without a head, if I had the chance to :lol:)
      awwww... for now I just will keep on hoping and after Ldoll I will take a closer look at my collection and where I want it to go :3nodding:

13. @april Whoooo lots of incoming XD
      Let me know thy plight when you are back :D You are definitly taking a grand tour then.

(Don't worry, if we ever do manage to meet up, I can be crazy for the two of us).
      I heard that they are unsure wether or not there will be another LDoll. Supposedly visitor numbers have been declaining? There definitly won't be one in 2019.
      Also, my intense work month is always Oct/Nov (depending how holidays fall), so it tends to collidate with LDoll every time ^^°°°

Play with them some more and they'll let you know that you totally need another - you just don't know it yet XD

@Lornica No problem.
      I think I actually got the most 'common' ones already, so chances are good for you ;9
      Also: Poke them after LDoll XD Or maybe ask DollPeddlar if they'd split the item. They have had it up for a while, mayyybe you can sway them.

@skyealloway: True story XD Totally agree :D

Also, this reminds me I totally need to get to work on my 'Golden Boy' XD

14. Speaking of Doll Peddlar, I don't know if it is a full human body or just the lower portion so you can make a full human with the chest piece.That is what the Souloid Diget set options were. It would be interesting to find out, but I already have my Diget so I'm good.

15. I love my human Phiel - gave him a cute clockwork heart and arm, but what he'd really need is those nice robotic feet instead of shoes. Seeing how rare souloids are though... Let alone their feet :roll:

16. @Widu maybe you could get a 2nd pair of human feet and have them modded ind robotic/mecha feet? Then you could also have something unique.

Souloids unfortunately are rare and I‘m afraid few would part with part with what makes them so special. ^^•

17. Oh, I know :) I probably should have gone for souloid, they're truly something special, but I love Phiel for what he is now <3 I think modded souloid-oid robofeet would suit him too.

18. Omg, it's been over a half year since we shared and enjoyed the beauty of Souloids?! O.o

Allow me to remidy that and revive our thread with a new pic (thought I took it a bit ago).
      [​IMG]Robo-trio by Wildcard_Snowy, auf Flickr

Core is on the left side, he's a Souloid Walter in tan on Phiel's golden body. (still looking for a different wig ^^)°
      ZeroOne in the middle is a modded and dyed Akagidoll Janz.
      Qu is my Souloid Diget in white and silvers and was/is my first Souloid.

Anyone else got new pics or dolls to share? :D

19. Your boys are gorgeous.

I've finally got to a point where my 2 souloids (originally Diget and Lavi) have their final heads (now Charlie and Gana). I haven't had time for a proper photo shoot, but here they are with the other 2 members of my souloid family. They still need some body blushing on their mechanical parts, but it's nice to have them all put together.

[​IMG]P1100749 by Tide N Thyme, on Flickr

20. I took better photos of Charlie and Gana today, so here they are together.

[​IMG]
      P1100876
      by Tide N Thyme, on Flickr