1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Souloid discussion part 1

Sep 15, 2011

1. Well crap. I had a really neat and orderly dolly plan for the next three or so months, and this just might have trashed it. I don't know who she would be or how I could work a cyborg/mecha type character into my collecting theme, but....:drool

2. I love this tan color, would be perfect for me -but the face is too child-like :(. Love love love that body -but the face just isn't suitable for those breasts ;).

3. Yay! All the pics and prices are up :). I'm not sure what I think... I adore her body (especially the behind..lol). I'm just not sure if her face works with the body. The other thing, as much as I like her breast, I'm not so sure I'm comfortable having a completely topless doll. Too many young people visit my home, and they might not understand the "art". I was hoping Iple would give her a small jacket or something. I'm happy we can order the hat and tattoos :)

4. Oh man, thank you Souldoll for being quick! XD On the other hand, I am very disappointed she only comes in tanned/black skin. :/ I really do like everything about her (including her head sculpt), but I really tend to prefer pale skin over tanned.

Ah well, for some reason the majority of the dolls I've ordered recently have been tan anyway. :sweat I mean, with two bronze Euclases, a tan Angelheim Raul, and a real skin Claude, surely another tan skin doll won't kill me.

Fullset rings in at $774, huh... For all I was saying about buying her right away, I think I may wait for another couple of paychecks to come in before I put her on order. Souldoll probably doesn't start making dolls until the layaway is paid off anyway, and if I wait I can pay in full. :)

5. Where is midnitestar? I agree with you kittyfields...I would have expected her to be here! Lol
      I have a couple of ideas for making her not quite so topless..so now to decide what I think about her face. She really is super cute!

6. Oh wow. Look at her. I need that. I wonder if ther are going to do head option like the male Souloid. Id love Flett on that body or even Liddell or Fafner. I could see that.

Other news. MY IRAKI SHIPPED. So happy. Would anyone be interested in a vid review on his body. I got him in Steel Skin.

7. You could try wrapping he breasts in bandages, the organic bandage contrasts nicely with the sleek metal. You could also try commissioning a cute little bolero for her that doesn't close in the middle, so that the tips of it basically cover her nipples.

I am FREAKING OUT!

She's PERFECT! :D :D Though I might be ruined by her non-optional head sculpt >.> Baby-faced heads with such sensual, busty bodies really don't do it for me. AND SHE IS LIMITED!?!??!? WHY SOULDOLL, WHYYYY!!!!

Midnitestar7 is definitely missing something XD

8. That's a good idea about the bandages! I was also thinking about doing a semi-sheer "boob tube" style top and in the front using a gold pin to scrunch it together (so it will show off the curves of the "corset"). Kinda like my Charlotte has-http://www.flickr.com/photos/33854038@N02/6996811015/

I think the baby face definitely doesn't go with the totally hot body! However..... a "personality" popped into my head this morning with a bit of a storyline, and now I totally love the idea and I think she must come home! I have never had a doll "come to life" with a story line so fast....maybe it is a sign? LOL!

9. Oh my, I've been so good this year but this girl is the perfect color tan, and sooo pretty! This is way outside what I tend to buy, but the cyborg part is really lovely and I don't see why this girl couldn't wear normal clothes. She's really interesting! Well, I've got a month or so to think about her at least :)

10. I posted on their Q&A, asking if the body will be available separately or if we might get a chance to change the head for a different sculpt. Worth a shot!

I won't be getting this doll with this head, I think it's just too twisted to see such a chubby baby face hovering over such huge, sensuous boobies >.<

11. *giggle* Anneke.

She's stunning! And I need another doll like I need a third nostril. Gosh she's gorgeous though. A friend sent me her link the other day saying "doll or flower pot? You make the call" ;). I'd probably have to skip the flowers but wow.

And Kittyfields' link to the other works-in-progress also has me doing *headdesk* *headdesk*. Every day I think "no more dolls!" and every day there's something to blow that short-lived plan apart. Ah well.

12. Glad you are asking about that! I don't like the head either.

Come to think of it, I don't care much for the color-scheme. Nothing against tan dolls, or variety, but I think I would be more tempted if it was in the 'steel skin' resin again, instead of black.

Also, there is a distinct lack of demension in the femal souliod body compared to the male. Perhaps they toned it down since its taking so long to make the male body? I don't know, but I'm not as impressed with this one as I was with the boy body.

That being said, there is one thing that I really love - that little part on her arm that's ripped open with metal parts inside. Love it!

13. She looks a lot like T-elos from Xenosaga, especially with purple and tan skin colouring going on. I'm postive they must have taken inspiration for her from the game art. Which has me wondering - how long until we see a KOS-MOS look a like? My bet is one isn't far off.

I just wish souldoll were making them in the larger 60cm size :(

14. Hi Riventiara!!!!!! :D

Anneke- so glad you asked!!

15. She's already been released - oh fark! I was hoping that they'd take a while. I shouldn't even be thinking about her but I already came up with an outfit/necklace for her cleavage.

I think her face-up is making her seem more cherub-like. I won't be using the same colours. Hang on, I don't even have the money to put her on layaway so what am I saying?

I must bring the booby robot home - so who is getting sold first? Please line up in an orderly manner

16. St. James said they are planning on SD size but not for another year or so.

Someone in the Souldoll waiting room already ordered her. LOL I run the list in there. I'm excited to see her IRL

17. Oh you lucky thing! I just realised that the order period is open till June and I just paid off 1 of my Soom layaways today. Well if anything I list on ebay sells this week she's coming home. I told myself no tanned dolls and no mechanical bjd's a while ago so I don't know why I love her so - maybe it's because I'm jealous of her boobs. Wish mine were that perky

Did you see that they reckon they'll have them done in 4 weeks with no face-up, blush or tattoo. Now that I'd like to see

18. Wow, she's amazing! But, I do agree with her face being too baby-faced for those amazing boobies (seriously, look at them boobies!! :o). For such a mature body, I would expect a more mature face, even though she's very beautiful as is. Ack, I need another doll like a hole in the head!

Her resin color is gorgeous. I don't have any tan dolls as of right now, and, in general, they don't tempt me, but this particular color combination is just amazing.

Anneke, thank you for asking about about alternate heads!

19. Enaibi actually already made an SD-size robot girl who reminds me a little bit of Kos-Mos (though she was apparently inspired by Clamp). Her name is K-Rose N.

Can you tell I have robot doll hype? I'm debating on getting Ier's headpiece. I don't like the wig, but I kinda like the flowery thing, and they can't be ordered separately. :(

20. I'm sure that the enormous difficulty in casting and assembling Iraki made the SoulDoll staff realize that if the Souloid line was going to continue they would need to streamline the designs.