1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Souloid discussion part 1

Sep 15, 2011

1. Well, Souldoll replied to my question on the Q&A board asking if they would have a different head option or release the body separately:

It's what I expected, really, but it's sad they don't plan to sell the body separately. Her face has actually grown on me in the past few days enough that I don't mind it anymore, but it would have been nice to have a choice about the sculpt. Guess I have another month to make up my mind. :sweat

2. Well, I don't have any of their minis or tan dolls, but you should probably be aware that Souldoll's just coming out of a really long backlog of orders right now. Despite the fact that they say the wait time will only be 4-7 weeks, Souldoll has recently had a history of taking way longer than they say to make dolls. Supposedly Ier is being made using a new process, but still.

I've been stalking the Souldoll waiting room and I can definitely say that Souldoll has made many "your doll will ship out next Friday" promises that they have broken, so if you're impatient I suggest not ordering. Oh, and Souldoll also has a history of randomly discontinuing sculpts and resin colours or closing ordering periods for limited dolls early, too.:|

3. Those blank photos! *__* Her face isn't perfect, but she definitely has potential (the lips look a little wider than they did in the promo photos), and I love that the 'tear' in her arm has been sculpted.

I'd have to order her with body blushing, though, because I love what they've done with the black resin and she's far too intimidating for me to blush myself. Plus, the seams on her legs would be covered by the blushing, and for once I don't mind seams too much because they make sense on a robot or cyborg. XD

Souldoll says Ier's tan resin is a little more reddish brown and darker than their previous tanned skin, but they don't have any comparison pictures. I'm guessing this means it matches nothing on the market right now, which is a pity.

4. WHOA! Check it out guys, they answered the individual Q&A on the IER page:

I am definitely going to be waiting then so I can get a Liddell on this body! :D It's a shame I won't be able to get her in tan skin with that incredible black resin body, but I don't mind, I think Liddell looks best in white skin anyway, and I'll be happy to get this body in steel skin :)

5. Hi, everyone just wanted to post some pics of Iraki. Since I also ordered Ier I might wait till she arrives to do both body blushing together.
      [​IMG]

6. He has a very nice booty. ;) And now I really have to get my hands on Ier. <3 She's so beautiful! Has anyone had any problems with Souldoll's darker resin colors? I know some companies really botch tan and black and things like that.

7. EmbracedLight are you checking out my robot's booty! lol
      Malaryush thanks!
      Syrill I happened to have Weslie in dark tanned skin from Souldoll and I haven't had any problems.
      ........here is a photo of him.
      Whitewolf thanks! I ordered Ier, I think she's so darn cute! I'm hoping her scuplt isn't popular either.

8. Yeah, the bunny outfit really did it for me against Ier. I appreciate her for what she is, but the fact that they are doing what I really hoped they wouldn't do to her, sex-ifying, is just pushing me to the no Ier decision. I got sparkly eyed and knew her blushing would have to edge her up a bit. For what she is she's lovely. But seeing the outfit, it looks... bad. She looks like a playboy bunny. No bueno. She's not in line with Iraki at all. I'll wait until the body is available for order with another head. Liddell would look great on that body.

I realized how AWFUL my BO photos were so I took him out for a photo shoot today. We stuck in the shade; Florida sun is too harsh for WS.

Click me!

Here's a preview:
      [​IMG]

9. My Iraki arrived! box opening spam: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...eet-my-Cyborg!&p=9046275&posted=1#post9046275

I have a question for those of you who have received your Iraki's already....
      My dolls chest articulation seems off, and I don't know if an inner 'stabilizer' piece is missing, or if this is just the way he is designed.

Pics:
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The lower chest resin is very fragile feeling, and mine already has several chips in it, on both sides...
      [​IMG]

Thanks!

10. If you mean "Can your Iraki do that?" then yes, if you mean "Does it flop to the side on its own?" then no, mine doesn't. He will bend to the side like that if I bend too much (dislocate the chest joint), but not when I just pose him normally. (Not like MNF boys who like to flip to one side or the other on their own.)

11. Mine doesn't flop to the side but my boy can lean WAAAAAAAAAAAY to the side.. It's not just yours. I thought it was a tension issue too but he's holding all his poses just fine. Yours may be a little loose as mine doesn't go over quite that far. I'd try to restring him.

12. kekesmitmilch and embracedlight - thanks for your replies. No, I wasn't trying to say that mine was 'floppy' at all or that he does this pose by himself. I just felt that it was strange that he could be posed that far over. Especially since the lower resin is so fragile. Oh well, guess it is in the design.

13. I put up my 13's body blushing in the Customization Threads. See HERE!!!!!

Please let me know what you think!

14. I am considering getting Walter (tan doll and the black body is so tempting for me).
      Do the Souloids come with human feet? Or do you have to buy them separately?

15. My Iraki came with both but you may want to ask in case.

16. So - people w/ Iraki - have ya'll had any success dressing him in other things yet?
      I don't have any MSD or SD boys, but I do have a gender neutral shirt and vest by Bluefairy that fits him! Sadly that doesn't help with future shopping. The Bluefairy outfit is from a limited cowgirl set that was meant to be oversized on a girl :P

I'm thinking maybe clothes made for:
      - JID (might be too wide for tops and pants)
      - Dream of Doll New child boy (might be too snug for tops...couldn't find hip measurment)
      - Lati Blue Boy (seems perfect, but hard to find?)

other ideas?
      Sometimes my guy might want to be a Robot In Disguise!

17. I finally got my boy a few days ago. I'm not going to be much help with clothing since everything I've got is much too small. I didn't realize he would be so large. He makes my minifee girl look like she's YoSD sized in comparison! I almost wonder if Delf/slim-smaller SD stuff might fit? I have a Delf sized shirt and I am tempted to try it just to see.

Anywho, here is a pic of my Harry! I tried to make him look a little less melancholy and a little more...unamused :lol: Pardon the horrible background, its been too late for outdoor photo shoots!
      [​IMG]

18. Lennox, my Iraki got a faceup on Sunday by the lovely Sadomina. :)

[​IMG]

I haven't tried any clothes on him, since he's gonna stay as he is (at least for now).