1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Souloid discussion part 1

Sep 15, 2011

1. He's been here a short while. He's default in everything and blushed. The arm blushing HAS to go. Yes, he comes with feet! My tubes are loose, one is falling out ... I've had to super glue them back in. Not a problem, but it sure surprised me when one of them fell to the floor the first time I picked him up! ;)

Wanting to add to the homecoming excitement: one Picture here; More pictures here, including some real-colour, body detail images in the second post.

[​IMG]

2. Wow, that was quick, especially considering some of the waiting times in the Souldoll WR! 0_o Though, they did say that their times would decrease with their new factory that does the casting, so perhaps that is the reason? Super congrats though! Can't wait to see an Ier on the board! :D

Yes, that arm blushing is interesting. I guess they are wanting to go for a silvery, inhuman look :lol:

I finished Harry's blushing the other day. Wow, that was a TON of work since there were so many lines/panels. I gave him a copper parts look in a few places since otherwise, it was too much gray. He still needs an upper body blushing, but I am waiting to recover from the robotic parts for a bit before moving on :lol: I tried a Delf shirt on him and it was passable...slightly on the loose side, but not horrible. Pants might be a bit too large, however, since Delfs are a bit taller.
      [​IMG]

3. Oriscany: Thanks!!! Hopefully you can get your hands on an Iraki someday! I missed his order period due to some...financial things :sweat but I was fortunate enough to find one second hand! DDE is really nice to order from for a number of reasons, imo. Less money on shipping is always nice, but also, you have people fluent in English so they know for sure what you want and can answer questions if you have them, and an easy layaway program is also a major benefit! The one drawback, is it takes a little longer for you to get your doll.

Skyealloway: Thankies! :D I used layers of Pearl-Ex powders mixed with satin gloss over a couple layers of chalk pastels...Took forever, but I like how it turned out :lol: That is quite likely! I know that DreamingDoll does that and that is why they have such a fast turnaround on orders. I'm just happy that Souldoll is getting back on the ball on orders!

Doll-Mage: Yep! When I went to look at Walter on their website, in the description it stated that they were moving their casting operations to a new factory and that production times would be around four weeks for blank dolls. I saw that notice and kinda did a "Like I've never heard that short of a production time before lol" :XD: But, since some Iers are being shipped now, its likely that they are living up to their estimation!

Malaryush: Same here! I was so tempted to order her as well, but there is only enough money for one right now, so I must live vicariously through photos in the discussion thread :lol:

4. Has anyone tried hybridizing a Souloid body with another kind of head? I think the boy body is amazing, but all of the soulkid boy heads leave me less than inspired. Walter is cute, but he's so pretty I think he'd look better on Ier's body.

The picture request forum says Minifee white resin matches Souldoll white. Anyone tried it? Do you know of other companies with good resin matches?

I'm tempted to order one of the ala carte bodies and take my chances getting a matching head. It's just such a cool doll concept!

5. EGADS She is awesome! And what an amazing treat, having the knee done that way. By comparison, Iraki's knee is awarkward and chunky! Daaannnnggggg I talk back everything I ever said against her >.<

Quick! Go pose her next to your Iraki and take a picture!!

I don't have a WS minifee, but I do have a WS Littlefee body (it's a hybrid with a Soom CW head). I could take a picture comparing the resins for you.....Come to think of it, I could try putting my NS Minifee head on the Iraki body to see if it fits...I don't know if the Minifee Males and Females have the same neckhole or not. So, I guess, let me know if you'd like to see a resin comparison to Fairyland/soom WS and if you'd like to see my Sleeping MNF Rheia head on the body ^_^

EDIT to say that I went to a meetup last weekend and just remembered that the two whitest dolls at the meet was my Iraki and another girls brand new Doll Chateau girl. Dunno if that helps thou.

6. Ooh, awesome! Iraki and Ier look great next to each other. <3 I was worried it might look a bit off since their roboparts seem to be fairly different in style, but it doesn't seem to be an issue at all.

7. Thanks for the quick responses, guys! From MrsDiablo's picture, it looks like a white Minifee head would work just fine. Skyealloway, I'd also be interested in the Soom resin match. Or if anyone else knows of a good match!

I'm more tempted than ever to try for a hybrid, especially since the souloid body is available ala carte!

8. I did some comparisons and started a comparison thread in the 'picture request' forum.
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...aki-Souloid-Comparisons&p=9098675#post9098675

Here's one of the pictures from the thread
      [​IMG]

The best match I have is definitely Soom.

Mrs. Diablo
      I'd like to add you're minifee/souloid picture to the thread too. Would you like to add it yourself? If not, i'll just quote your post from this thread, if you don't mind ^_^

9. I love Souloids, since I'm very into all kind of robots and stuff.

Diablo: Wow, her body really is gorgeous, indeed!
      The skintone is also very beautiful, kind of a light chocolate tan. I love her!

10. I'm going to try and take more pictures tomorrow and post them on the thread.

Thank You! Everyone, I just love her!

11. OMG I forgot about a floating Resinsoul Ming head I had laying around. So I found it, stuck it on the body, and BAM I love it!

I added a bunch of pictures to the comparison thread here: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...aki-Souloid-Comparisons&p=9105456#post9105456

but here is a preview of Mort on the Souloid body:
      [​IMG]

Lol okok I know the first reaction is: um...that's an elf-eared, sugar skull painted...cyborg? Yeah, I realize visually the styles aren't the same....or at least that's what my first impression was. I've had time to post him and look at him good and hard and ya know what? I might leave him with that faceup. I think its like one of those oddly designed anime characters that don't make sense...but is stilll fun to look at!

I will probably give his Souloid body some tat's, though, just to help them go together a smidge better.

On a side note, Iraki head might be getting a Minifee activeline boy body. I've always wanted one, I happen to have a chest piece sitting around, and the head fits really well.

12. Ahh! XD I've actually been planning to give my Ier (if I get her - which I think I might actually be able to!) a sugar skull face-up! Hahah, I love it! That combination looks awesome and I really think that some tattoos on the body will bring it together magnificently!

On that note, I'm super-excited. I've been an idiot trying to figure out how/if I was going to be able to afford Ier and Walter with Souldoll's layaway system, but while lurking in the WR thread, somebody mentioned DDE. And of course! :D I think that will absolutely work out for me - less money on shipping and a more flexible layaway. If I can get them, Ier will - as mentioned - get a sugar skull face up (which I think will really help compensate for my issues with the face sculpt) and Walter might end up with a plague doctor mask. They're going to be the high-tech zombie children of my senile lich-lord. <3 Super excited now that it looks possible!

13. Yay! that scenario sounds fantastic! And thanks for your comments, I'm glad someone else thinks like me ^_^ I think Ier will look very nice with a sugar skull faceup, too ^_^ Hope you can get your layaway all worked out

14. Thanks! :D And I hope you share lots more pictures of your handsome fellow!

15. Just so you know, I'll hold your comment responsible if I ever get Walter :lol: I've been longing for a very androgynous looking android for years (I was actually tentatively planning a Bluefairy May on a boy body and modding the body myself).

Then Souloids came and wham, Walter is tan, has black robo-parts and cute. And I must totally agree with you, he looks kinda soft and feminine yet still boyish and a bit like a kitten...

Okay, I think I'm sold. I'm actually just waiting to see the blank pictures Souldoll promised me to see what I could do with him faceup-wise :sweat

Actually my first reaction was "Waaaa, how awesome!!!!". I think the organic and mechanic combo is just beautiful, you just made a really unique boy :D

Huh, and it's great to see all the hybrid options. I'll be honest I'm very surprised how many heads work...when I looked at the neck measurements I instantly thought that this body would be hard to hybridize with most mini heads (of course I'm not very used to this size and may have just miscalculated).

16. Thank you! I'm mostly glad that having a dozen dolls in my collection has some benefits >.> Like being able to mess with hybrids!

Blue fairy dolls are a ton a fun (if I had room in the doll cabinet, I'd get one or two more) But LOL that line that Walter is a bit like a kitten is the best. I hope his blank photos are to your liking! Robots Rule!

Oh speaking of robots & ruling - I want to design a tattoo for my guy, maybe for his arm or chest. I want it to be a tattoo for "The Robot Empire" and that is about how far along I got :?

17. Lol! If you get him, I'd love to see pictures. Walter is a gorgeous doll, he's just not quite what I'm looking for. He does have that kitten-look about him... fragile, yet fierce.

18. i'm not very vocal 'round these parts, but i am very very in love with the souloids...and i wanted to share pics of my Ier and Iraki...i received Ier last week and gave her a face up and body blushing...had a hard time painting that black resin; scratches and scuffs show up where the MSC gets beat up a bit, but i still love her
      [​IMG]
      metal_and_flesh by Pretty_Little_Monsters, on Flickr

the rest of the gallery thread should you be interested ^_^
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...uldoll-Ier-Iraki-and-friends-(nude-ro-bosoms)