1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SoulDoll Tarot series speculation and discussion thread~

Jun 5, 2010

1. I have never seen a Souldoll in person and frankly the prices are kinda high compared to other companies. Does anyone own one and tell me if they feel the price vs. quality is good?
      I am very interested in this guy. I hope he is 70cm at least with large resin wings. From what I can see of the face he looks very masculine which is a plus for me.
      I hope they have an Event for this doll for the New Year :)
      Also, the lack of having available clothing has kept me from getting a Souldoll.

2. I was looking close at the feet and he seems to have some kind of hoof or claw. It is difficult to tell from the dark picture. Can anyone see it better?

3. Are they especially pricey?
      I am trying to compare with a few popular Korean companies. Soul Double basic without option is at $575 a Soom SG basic is priced at $584, a Feeple65 basic is $630, a SDF is around $491 (okay, well it is quite a bit more than SDF), SSDF is $546 regularly.
      I think the pricing is pretty on par with everyone else?

I don't own a big doll from them, but I have a mini and he looks nice, feels nice. And the body is quite easy to handle and posable.

I do wonder if it is a Zenith boy, he sure looks like he would be big. :>

4. All I have is a Souldoll Hye head, and the quality is great. I can't speak for their other products or their bodies, though.

5. I would actually be OK with any of their sizes for this one -- the pricing would vary though. If he's a Zenith, it would be more than a Vito or double. I would bet on a base price closer to the high 600s or 700, with the wings/parts he's shown with. That's if he comes with them by default -- otherwise I'd expect to see pricing roughly on par with their previous grey skinned dolls of the same size, and then an extra cost for the wings/claws/etc.

6. I have a Soul Double (blue Celina, the Empress) and I like the quality, they did string horrifically tight for me, thank goodness I got her sans blushing because I had to get handsy with her ASAP... But excellent poseability, really striking face, she's a personal fave.

.hlp

7. From what I can see so far, he looks like he'd make a good dad for Monzo. Lol

He appears to have a rocky texture to his claw legs. I am really curious about him but I think the wallet is safe.

8. Ooh, he's a pretty boy... Definitely getting a Monzo-type feeling from him, but that's not a bad thing at all. I can't wait to see more of him. :D

As for quality, Souldoll's resin is gorgeous, really nice and heavy. My Chiron definitely has some weight to him. And his face-up was probably the nicest default I've ever seen on a doll. ^_^

9. Hummm... I think I will have to get him if the price is reasonable. Guess time will tell if I really am gonna like the real pics when they come out?
      I can only hope they have an New Years Event for him. I would love that!

10. I love SoulDoll's sculpts, always been a fan of their styling and face ups,
      but I have never been tempted by their Tarot releases. However, this one
      is so amazingly awesome, but I just know he will be way out of my budget,
      with those wigs and claws, and being a limited. T___T;;

I can't wait to see more of him though, I hope he is a large sized doll but not
      on the Zenith body, or maybe I should wish he is on the Zenith bod, so I don't
      feel tempted to buy him when I already have plans for my current doll budget. XP

- Enzyme

11. I want to see the legs on him. But yeah, the price will be... a lot more than I can afford. But it shold be cool to see the whole doll when released.

12. Gotta agree with Navci that Souldoll's prices aren't out of line at all with other similar companies. I have an old Paris head who I really like, if only I could figure out what to do with him. His resin is lovely, though I really miss their old bodies.

13. I really love the Tarot series from Souldoll. But the one I love most was sold=__=
      Hope to see more pictures! =D

14. OMG. I love him. :O

15. I did the math for Strength, and with all the optional extras he was still less expensive than the Soom monthly dolls with all of their extras. So my guess is for what you get it's a reasonable deal!

16. Oooooh... O.O
      Darn it. And just when I had resisted the call of other limited releases and was on track with my planned basic dolls. Hm. I have to keep an eye o this one. He looks so...so...grumpy! :chocoheart

I like that his wings seem big and leathery, and have some connection to actual anatomy in their skeletal structure (from what I can see). I think they have just given up on any real relation to the tarot card though. Heh.

Ahh...I really don't need any more bulky otherworldly creatures hanging out in my little parlor, but wouldn't he look nice crouched behind a couch slurping tea out of a saucer while everyone tries to ignore the sound of stone on china? ^_~

17. Lady Ravenswood: :lol: that has to be one of the best uses for one of these things ever. you have just made me want him :lol:

18. I have two Zenith girls (limited Leira and NS Shiva), and out of the 30 dolls that I own Soul Doll has some of the nicest resin. The stock face-ups don't do a thing for me, and I really feel that they hide the true beauty of the sculpts. A friend recently got the Hermit, and he is equally well made. They are very much on par with companies like SOOM and Iplehouse.

19. Man I wish there are more pictures of the Hermit around! He is such a handsome doll.

20. I really like the hermit too, I wished that there was more of them around as well!