1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SoulDoll Tarot series speculation and discussion thread~

Jun 5, 2010

1. I agree with everyone on the quality and general aesthetic beauty of Souldoll's sculpts; they are one of my top 3 companies for both these aspects. Though I must say I miss two things: The sculptor who did the Hye facesculpt (or at least his/her 'old' style), and their long period of resistance towards limiteds. This limited sculpt thing seems to be relatively recent, within the year say. Before that they rarely did limiteds unless it was a limited colour or with a limited outfit. *sigh* Can't be helped I suppose. At least most of the truly innovative ideas (Shiva, Chiron) remain regular releases.

Strength was a shame... if they had made him a 70 cm he would have been hugely popular, I think. I might have gone in for him, in fact, that face is great. I have not seen a 'must-have' tarot card yet but I have been expecting to be blown down at least once by the series.

2. Mwa ha ha! ::rubs hands together sneakily::
      ^_~

3. I can't wait to see more pictures of The Hang Man @O@

4. On the other hand though, I now know the Vito boys make really nice companions to mature minis. That does make the line a lot more appealing to me! XD

I wonder if SoulDoll would release him before the new years. :o

5. The Vito line is in a weird size zone for me, but I'm curious to see them with some of the Zaoll girls from Dollmore. The Zaolls have a lot of appeal, and the Vito sculpts have all been over the top gorgeous, so while I am not looking forward to the idea of yet another group of sizes in the house, the overall 'oooooh' factor is very high on these.

I wonder if they'll release him right after (or on) the new year. I could see them doing that simply for bookkeeping purposes if nothing else, though I suspect it'll be a bit more random than that.

6. There are actually two of the gargoyles up and listed now -- though they seem to be the Vito size.

7. OMG! He's on sale!

He's. So. BEAUTIFUL!!!

Well, that's that I guess. I can actually hear my wallet crying. I think he might be worth it though.

*Flails*

I want him!

*Squee*

8. For once...I actually like him much better small. ^__^

9. These may be the most amazing fantasy feet I have seen ever... EVER.

WOW.

I'm relieved he's a he, as I only buy girls and am not in a place to be needing a tarot doll right now!

But wow he is STUNNING!
      I hope loads of people order him!

10. I must admit I am disappointed that they are both small. Was hoping at least one of them would be Zenith size. I am think they are more of a bat than a gargoyle, no?

11. Both will make a really good little brother for the Soom monthly ltd.. I collect only Mecha 80 boys so this will not be on my wish list but I had Souldoll before and they make one of the best resin and very excellent quality.

12. Gah! Want so hard. My funding weeps.

13. holy wingspan, Batman!

That's just really intense. One thing that I find delightful about him is that he's so fantasy and yet he's so definitely a Souldoll. I don't know what it is about them but the guys area always immediately identifiable as Souldolls to me.

But I wouldn't want to get him without the full treatment and, uh... I've totally tapped out dollage funds... dang.

ETA: and I just saw the Amon version. Now I may be in trouble...

14. wow the part are incredible ! i m "surprised to feel surprised " with fantasy parts !
      and just great that they are vito size !!!

15. ....can he *really* hang head down from his claws, wrapped in his wings like they show in the pictures? *whimper*

Just imagine walking into a darkened room and finding that shape suspended from the ceiling *gasp*

I think I like the Amon version the most.

16. one bravo for the "batman" parts,especially the jointed foot, but until souldoll won't make a new improved, well proportioned body (those heads are way too big on that body) sadly i won't buy. plus they did them in vito size, too much odd size <.<

17. Wonderful but *very* expensive.

I'm afraid I LMAO at them hanging upside down like bats. Cool but funny! I wonder how the NS versions look?

18. I love the fact that they are Vitos!
      That is the only way you can hang upside down, and I think they'll be more stable, weight-wise.

I love love love the gargoyle head's brow thingys but like with Monzo, am not crazy about the ears.
      Kyle is very meh to me but Amon is absolute love!
      And man those are some awesome talons and wings.

19. This is my feeling also. If they had done a Zenith like this, I would have moved heaven and earth to get one because they're truly amazing. I love the Vito series thus far, but just can't afford yet another size right now.

20. Amon is bee-yoo-tee-ful. Interesting take on the Hanged Man. I love that his wings appear to be rather tattered. This fella's seen some action.