1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SoulDoll Tarot series speculation and discussion thread~

Jun 5, 2010

1. I just saw Amon. He is the perfect gargoyle, I liked Monzo but he doesn't even compare in my book. The fact that he's Vito sized is what makes him awesomely perfect for me though, he would fit so good with my JID girl who is supposed to have a big protector.
      I have to be the odd man out and say that I love those ears.
      The body blushing is a must for me though, it really completes the gargoyle and I'm not skilled enough to reproduce that look.
      If I can swing him after I get paid in January I probably will... I really never have seen as perfect a doll.
      The question is though, what the hell should he wear?

2. Excellent ball jointed gargoyle toes! (theres a sentence you dont hear often!), but the proportions to me look off between the head and the body, and the neck looks very short especially with Kyle. It may also be the body blushing but the head looks a lighter resin.
      Like to see what people do with these guys.

3. Hahaha! that the question, isn't it? I don't want to make the leather g-string cliche - lovely as it would look on him. hmmmm....well.....maybe a thong ....LOL. ;)

and what shoes????
      I grabbed a pair of the new shoes and the gladiator ones for my tan Rouse, but would a gargoyle ever wear sneakers? if we get human parts, then they can put on pants. but, if we have a gargoyle head, how will they look with jeans, tee and sneakers??? or in a suit?

I made lace-up pants, kilts, etc for my Sard and Euclase with their huge feet. easy dressing. no attempt at modern clothing. they keep to their theme.

my gargoyle will have short shorts (ragged leather-look) and kilts, capes, but I'm tempted to get him with a human head (although I like the ears) and human body parts just to let him wear real clothes once in a while. I wish that human head had a frown!

*_*

is anyone else thinking of getting a gargoyle in white skin?

4. I think the black collar may make the neck look shorter, but I am very happy seeing a doll the doesn't have a long skinny neck! IE: I personally like it!

5. Not really thinking of getting one, funds low,
      but i'm really interested in what he'd look like as a white gargoyle, if you do get him.

6. Nope, but I am thinking about him in normal skin. I personally love grey skin, it makes my knees woobble but I feel grey might limit the wardrobe as well as how he interacts with other normal skinned dolls. So I'm thinking about normal skin and blushing him in rust red tones and have him as a sort of dragony creature.

7. The Tarot series in geenral got me thinking (and I missed any introductory announcements about it from SD) because I wondered how many dolls would be done. Not counting the double-your-pleasure gargoyles. :) I'm assuming it's just the major arcana they're doing, the ones that are actually named cards. From Wiki:

The Major Arcana (greater secrets), or trump cards, consists of 22 cards without suits: *The Fool, *The Magician, *The High Priestess, *The Empress, The Emperor, The Hierophant, The Lovers, The Chariot, *Strength, *The Hermit, Wheel of Fortune, Justice, *The Hanged Man, Death, Temperance, The Devil, The Tower, The Star, *The Moon, The Sun, Judgement, and The World.

So eight of the characters have been done to date (nine dolls with the latest double dipping) indicted by asterisks for easy reference. 14 characters, or representations, to go. Wonder if The Lovers will be a set? And if The Sun will be male since The Moon was female (love the nod to the "rabbit in the moon" idiom). I'm also curious to see how they interpret ones like The Hierophant and the less obviosuly humanoid or chracteristic ones like The Tower. Even if I'm not tempted by the gargoyle -- though the wings and toes are impressive :) -- it is a clever play on that card.

8. My girlfriend and I are both thinking of bringing these boys home (Kyle for me, and Amon for her).

9. Thank you Azha Nei! I know I loved that she was a bunny! It's nice to see cultural things like that crop up.

10. Darn I want Kyle now, but...I didn't realise he was so much smaller than Monzo until now, I would of had them as rivals...but he may be swamped by Monzo's GIANTness. Still, that doens't stop me wanting another gargoyle. The wings are amazing. I would also like to see him in WS, I was thinking a marble gargoyle rather than stone!

Does anyone know or can guess how tall the Hanged Men would be with Gargoyle bits?

11. I really love Amon, his wings and feet are simply amazing... but the size! :( I would've ordered him if he was 60/70cm, but his size is too small for me.

12. This is where I am with it, too. I thought briefly about getting him as a 'guardian' for my incoming Fafner, since they'd coordinate nicely, but adding one size group per year is enough for my nerves and my budget. He's so gorgeous -- they did a wonderful job, and made a truly amazing doll with The Hanged Man -- but the size opts me out on this one. In zenith size, I would have moved heaven and earth to bring this boy home.

13. I'm not sure they could have made him this amazing in a larger size though - think how big and heavy the wings would have to be!

(He could always be a half-fey guardian with a Napolean complex :D)

14. my Soom Sard and Euclase are a couple centimetres taller with their animal parts, so I imagine (total guesswork) SD's gargoyle will be significantly taller.

I may not get this guy. you can't choose uncovered joints and I don't care for the "covered" bits which don't cover anything once you bend them.

:|

15. well... I'm waiting 4 whiteskin fullset Amon. I was shure that I do not want to buy bjd anymore, but this gargoyle made me change my mind -____-
      He's so cool!!!

16. Any idea when he'll arrive? SD said they'd take a picture of the human head (grey skin) with a wig on and "Send it to you email," but nothing so far. Gargoyle Amon frowns whiel the human one doesn't, but seeing the different resin would help me decide if I want a human ver. or not. Please post pix when you get him!

17. My'll arrive perhaps in april only - because of layaway and he's with the gargoyle's head, but both human and gargoyle parts, so I'm not sure it'll help you =(
      I'll do post pix, but he stops be selling in february 28.
      I've decided to buy gargoyle head because I think it'll fit him better. Well... i'll wait and see =)

18. *peek* Looks like things here have gotten pretty quiet... I finally decided to get Amon as a gargoyle in white skin this morning because I figured I'd kick myself later if I didn't just do it. I have a Monzo also, so he'll be super huge next to lil Amon, but.... those toes! :XD: I couldn't pass them up after all.

So yeah, anyone that's still waffling about these guys, today is your last chance!

19. I really wanted to see my tan Rouse before buying another vito, so no gargoyle for me since SDoll is taking five months or more to get my tan man to me. (not happy even with apology and free shoes)

20. I'm pretty in love with all of the Tarot card series...especially Celina. <.<
      When will we be able to see a new release? :3 Amon was really cool too. ;D