1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Tarot The Empress KAYLA

Jan 28, 2010

1. Ah I can't wait to see her in NS.

She's already lovely as it is in the violet skin. I think it's really neat what Souldoll is doing, especially since Celina looked so much nicer in the owner pictures. The coloured skins are rather ethereal looking.

2. Ah! Me too!
      I seem to have a weakness for faces just like that with smokey eye makeup. ^.^" (Ignis is beautiful! I love her face, and that dress, but I still think she's a bit too small for me. I have a YID from Iplehouse and she already seems very small next to my other dolls...I don't think I could do smaller than her...)

I think that I am even more fond of this new face though. I'm in love with her open mouth and etherial look. Darn Souldoll for making me notice them when I was already happily torn between Iplehouse and Soom. Heh.

3. I remember Souldoll had some bad publicity in the past- about not symmetrical faces of dolls etc. but this girl is really great looking. and i love the skin-color- a great zombie doll, if you know what I mean. ^^;

4. Wow! Instant love for this girl, that face is just what I've been looking for. <3 Not so much the skin tone though, but if I didn't have a character in mind then I'd snap up that gorgeous lilac! Too bad the LE version doesn't come in white, I bet she has spiffy elf ears. :( Ah well, I'm sure she'll come as a standard soon enough in NS and WS. I love how some companies do their LE's like that.

And that unicorn looks like an awesome accessory for her. Probably going to be too expensive for me to justify for an "accessory" purchase, though. :lol: In that last pic of her in the sleigh, it reminds me of a winter horse & sleigh set I saw at TRU for big play dolls. I bet that would be nice with her.

I'm pretty sure she's a double girl, too, those hands look just like my Queena's.

5. Hye has a really assymetrical face but in my mind that makes her even better because she's got character, and well, real people's faces aren't symmetrical and she does have a "real" look to her. But ya, recently they've caught my attention more than just about anyone else.

6. SoulDoll takes certainly excellent initiatives! After the skin blue, here is the purple skin. And they always make absolutely magnificent custo, with make-ups generally so fabulous. Without speaking about clothes which really make envy(especially the clothes, to say). The whole on a intelligent main theme: the tarots.
      I had difficulty in resisting to the Fool... But here, the color and effects on the photos dissuades me. She is beautiful, whereras the presentation is just "too much". In particular with the unicorn, which reminds too much the horses of barbies. I'm still curious to see what the compagny will do~

7. I'm hanging to see the non-excessive-photoshopped pics to see if that skin tone looks just as gorgeous as it appears to be so far.

8. She is absolutely lovely! And my first time reading through this I completely missed the unicorn - too cute!! Souldoll certainly knows how to put a "full package" together!

9. She's gorgeous! I do wish she wasn't quite so photoshopped though...does Souldoll usually put up non-shopped pics? Would they do it if we asked nicely?

And that unicorn is just amazing! It makes me think they're going to come out with even more (unfortunatly off-topic) animal BJDs for this series in the future. Maybe something like a lion or a dragon? There's probably going to be more amazing and exotic skin colors as well.

10. ohgreat. of all time y now?!! -ijuspurchasedanewdoll- :( awwww I'd love to buy her. if the unicorn could be sold seperately it'd be a good idea too ;P

11. She's picture perfect for this one character of mine.

And here I was naively thinking that there would never be a purple doll other than Vesuvia. *sigh* So much for that... :|

12. At this point I feel like I might have to have her.. CURSES!!!:doh
      You just know she's going to be around the $1000 mark for a fullset too!

13. She will undoubtably be. If she's the same price as Celina she'll be 650, the clothes alone are 300...so yes. But I did end up putting Celina on layaway, midnitestar, so if you get Kayla, LOL! We'd each have one of the girls, that would be too cool!

I really love her color, But I suspect I'm cursed with the color purple. First I didn't get Vesuvia, and now I believe I'll not be getting Kayla, in spite of the fact she's spectacular. :( I'll wait on final pics to see, but the dolly budget's saying noes right now. :|

.hlp

14. I REALLY regretted not getting Celina, but in the end it came down to the fact that I didn't want her without the clothes and they were already gone by the time I finally decided to perhaps go for her.
      HOWEVER, now I'm really glad I didn't get her because I prefer Kayla! Her face sculpt is more my thing, purple is one of my favourite colours, I ADORE the headdress thing she has going on.. overall she's just really perfect and if I'd gotten Celina, I probably wouldn't even be able to THINK about Kayla right now!

My dolly budget says no as the $800 I had saved up so far was supposed to be going on an old limited tiny I've wanted FOREVER (very very rare and as such, ridiculously overpriced!).
      But then it's like.. tiny versus really big purple doll for the same price.. hmmmm.:sweat

15. ooh pretty skin color! Like Celina, I love it and sold on everything but the face sculpt (and outfit price). Her face sculpt is nicer than Celina's tho, and may work with a better faceup. I adored the green Celina outfit too, but that price was just too outrageous. I really love these dolls concepts, but not enough to buy them.

Souldoll is indeed making awesome eye candy.

16. I may be going out on a limb here, and risking getting my butt flamed, however I just have to say this:

Does anyone else think her face looks just like the Bobobie Sprite - only with an open mouth? Honestly, when I first saw her my first thought was "Wow, it's Sprite all grown up" and then I realized its not the same company.

I'm not dissing, I'm not crying "copy" or anything like that - just making an observation of the resemblance. I think it's the eyes - they are so much like the style that is the trademark of some Bobobie and most Resinsoul girls.

17. Definitely no flames from me! :) That said, though . . . I just don't see it. :sweat Other than the somewhat wide (lengthwise) eyes, which are pretty common, I really don't see the similarity. However they do both look quite calm and serene, and you can get both in purple! xD But IMHO Souldoll and Bobobie/RS have very different styles. And that is just my 2 cents. ;)

18. Ha, so the Unicorn will be available too. As someone else mentioned, a bit too barbie horse for me (which is also what I think about the resin tail on the Chiron Centaur.. would prefer a wig hair option, but would have to be done well so it didn't look too MLP).
      As for Kayla vs Bobobie sprite, possibly a similarity in the nose, as far as I can see.

19. I :aheartbea being right ;)

20. ::pokes you:: ;)

As I mentioned on page 1 of this thread.. how on earth did you know I'd be here?! Am I THAT loud an obnoxious with my coloured resin obsession? xDDD