1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Tarot The Empress KAYLA

Jan 28, 2010

1. midnite: Out of curiosity, what dollie are you saving up for? :>

I am thinking this though, the horse skin colour option is white resin, I think before they do all the glittery body blushing on the horse it probably look less like a cheap material and better.

I'll be following this thread with lots of interest and looking forward to see owner pictures!

2. Actually it was form rather than material at which my comment was aimed.

3. Kayla looks wonderful! And are those white eyelashes?!? How cool is that!

4. Kayla is like a dream come true. She's so feminine and that resin color is phenomenal!
      I am not 100% sure if I can buy her at this moment, so I went to look at their layaway option, but I must admit I find it a bit confusing. Can you purchase any Souldoll doll with layaway including limiteds or only the dolls that have the layaway sign like Celina-M has? Has anyone asked them about purchasing Kayla with layaway?

5. Layaway should be available for all dolls, and as I recall they do a 3-part layaway option, or 60 days with the first payment up-front.

You might want to ping Denver Dolls to see if they will have her for sale, they are an authorized retailer. I did put Celina on layaway there ultimately as they had a 4-part layaway option available, which was/is super-less painful for me. :sweat

.hlp

6. Oh dear, I must havce missed you on the 1st page...

Yes, your coloured resin obsession is that obvious ;)
      And I must say Kayla's color tempts even me - and normally I don't even look twice at anything different than white and... well, normal ;)

7. Thanks heidipay! I just saw she's $650, so I think I might be able to purchase her without layaway. Order period is about a month too, 2010/02/01 ~ 2010/02/28 (Korean time), so there's still time to make up my mind. Argh, I'm so excited! X3

8. Only 1 month :...(. Celina is possible for order 2 month.

9. The excitement got me; I've decided to order her with layaway and already placed the order. She's too stunning to pass on! I didn't order her with the clothes though. $300 for doll clothing is a bit too much for me. I mean, I hardly ever spend that kind of money on my own clothes. ^^;
      I do wonder about her eyes, if they will be the same as the ones in the photos? Eyeball (size:16mm / it's acril made by souldoll's own skill) is included with Kayla, but the eyes on the promo pics look more like glass to me.

10. Urghh she might have to be mine.. but I'd HAVE to have her as a fullset and that's a nice steep price tag I wasn't planning on!!

I also need to work out whether it's cheaper for me to order through the Japanese site or the English site.
      It doesn't make any difference for paying and such as Souldoll have a japanese bank account they'll let me use even if I go through the English site. The issue is that I want to pay for a huge chunk of the doll through paypal, which is of course in $$
      The rest I'd transfer over to Souldoll the normal way.. but basically, part of the doll will be paid in $$ and part in yen.
      None of this would be so annoying if companies would just set the prices fairly instead of adding a few zeros and calling it the price in yen (which makes the doll MORE expensive). $650 will become 65,000en I'm guessing in their price conversion, but that makes the doll MORE expensive.:...(

We'll see. She might be really hard to pass up on.
      Speaking of, those of you who got Celina in blue, what's her colour like?
      What's her overal quality like?
      Souldoll make this big deal about warning us about huge seam lines of death, marbling, holes and so on.. is this really the case?

11. Actually it was funny. Wasn't she a non-limited and then turned into a limited at some point? Or am I thinking Lev? (who also had a one month ordering period)

12. Okay I'm in love...I was so disappointed when Celina was blue, I didn't like her blue skin and the High Priestess is my favorite tarot card in general ever. Now THIS doll for The Empress has stolen my heart! I love her outfit the most...however this is not gonna happen...X_X New laptop = Need More than Dollie T_T

13. I love the detailing in her, and If it werent for the blue skin Id prob have to have her. I wish souldoll would give normal skin options for all there dolls.

14. Oh look, she comes with "new hands" and "heel feet"! :D I was just wishing that Souldoll made high heel feet for their double girls, I do hope they release them as a standard item. I'm sure quite a few people would appreciate being able to let their short girls wear high heels. xD

I really like the purple skin, but it just won't do for the character I have in mind, so I'm hoping there will be a white/normal skin option too! The other Tarot dolls are available with normal and white skin options (non-LE), so I'm crossing my fingers that Kayla will be too.

15. So... tempted.. to order her.. RIGHT NOW.

Arghhhhh damn you Souldoll!!
      I was supposed to be NOT getting anymore big dolls, and NOT anymore $1000+ dolls!!!!
      Plus now I have to try and work out how I'm supposed to go for this other doll I wanted.. arghhh.
      Ok my stuff needs to sell RIGHT NOW xD

16. Wooow, the unicorn cost waaay more than she does... I can see why with all the datail he has, but still! If anyone's getting a fullset of both dolls, omg that would be impressive ... expensive but gorgeous!!

17. Wow yeah I hadn't noticed how expensive Ice was!!
      For some reason I was assuming around $300 or so without extras.
      Of course at that point I didn't realize how big this thing is!!!!

18. I read it somewhere that it is the same body as the Chiron horse body.
      I was really surprised by the price too but come to think about it, it is sorta in scale with a 1/3 doll = MASSIVE.

I asked SoulDoll if they can post some non-edit pictures of Kayla and they said they will put out some blank photos for her.... Want to see soon!

19. navci ~ thanks for asking them that! I too would LOVE to see pics of her blank. :daisy

And if anyone is interested, I asked on the Q&A about a standard release of Kayla and Souldoll said that they "don't have any plan to decide the sale of general ver. yet." ;_; I'm hoping that is just BJD-company speak for "there'll be a standard release but we're winging it on the timeframe". Gah, it would be so much easier to say no to the pretty lilac skin Kayla if I knew I could get a white skin Kayla in the near future. Didn't they release the standard Lev and Celina really quickly, though?

Oh, and I also asked about the new hands and high heel feet mentioned, and Souldoll said that they will be sold soon, which is awesome. :D