1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Tarot The Empress KAYLA

Jan 28, 2010

1. When Lev was out I asked them if they will sell standard Lev's clothing separately as they did with Ignis and Polly and Priestess Celina (I think those were their names?). They said oh maybe in near future, I am still waiting and there is nothing yet. :<

So... I don't know what their near future is.
      I do have a feeling that they're changing their strategy as they go and being totally unpredictable so people will give them their money. *shakes angry fist*

2. Yeah, I mean there are 2 strategies they can go for.

1 : Release basic WS/NS versions alongside the limited skin colour version in the hopes that more people will be able to buy (some people don't have that much money/don't like limited skin colours)

2 : NOT release any basic versions because people that might have spent more money and bought the limited version just end up getting the basic version.

It all depends which route Souldoll think they'll get more money from I guess!

Personally I don't like it when companies release basic versions of their limited dolls.
      Iit kind of drives me nuts when I buy a limited from a company, only to see them selling a basic version of the same doll a month later.
      I much prefer it when limiteds remain 100% limited.
      It's no so bad with these Souldoll coloured dolls though because the fact that they're a wonderful colour already separates them enough from basic versions to make them almost a completely different doll.

I think if they do release basic versions, it'll be next month after the sale of Kayla has ended. That way they'll get as many sales of limited Kayla as possible because no one will know whether or not this is their only chance!
      Plus I think with Celina, when they released the basic version a lot of people suddenly didn't like her sculpt (I only liked it in blue skin) and I think that put people off getting her. Souldoll might not want to risk the same thing this time!

3. The doll is so pretty...it's um blueish grayish right...not some weird thing i'm seeing?
      Anyways love the doll and what a cool unicorn!

4. More of a very light purplish blue / light periwinkle blue I'd say... especially with a colour title such as "ice violet".

5. I'm guessing she's a light frosty purple, or at least that's what her colour name and the pictures suggest to me.
      But we really have no idea how much of this is photoshop so, we'll see what happens when they put up blank photos!

6. Either way, photoshop effects or no photoshop effects, I think part of the problem with colour when buying online is that you're always relying on how said colour translates from real-life to photograph to PC / Laptop / Mac... variables of graphics card, screen quality etc, not to mention how said photos have been edited to increase / decrease contrast, brightnness etc...nothing online is never really as it seems in that sense, especially when it comes to most company photos which are usually all very well doctored anyway.

7. Very bad day.. feeling very sorry for myself indeed.

My way of dealing with this... ordered a fullset Kayla with the works.:sweat

Really wanted one of the dresses they had up too and had it in my shopping cart for safekeeping so I could order later. Turns out that DOESN'T save your item like I thought, so it's now sold out.:(

At least I got Kayla before her outfit went out of stock or something!!!

8. OMG! I hope you're all right, midnitestar, whatever's got you down is not going to be so bad, believe me. I know whatever's thrown itself into your way can get worked out.

Oh! But you totally have to take pictures!! I am so jealous of you, that's amazing that you've gotten her complete, the dress is stunning. I'm so sure you'll be happy with her! :cheer

.hlp

9. Meh, I'm just having one of those weeks!
      I let the most minor of stuff get to me way too much, and lately I've been having what I can only call a very early mid life crisis! Comes from living in a country where your 'young' life ends at a certain age and suddenly you can't do all the stuff I want to do with my life. That age is little more than a year away from me and it's been really getting me down.
      Hence why I've started learning Korean (apparently my native English and semi fluent Japanese isn't enough for me.. I have to kill myself with another RIDICULOUS language xD)!

ANYWAY! I was tossing and turning about Kayla because I've never seen a Souldoll Double Girl before. I LOVE Soulkids girls with the general body and ADORE my Aaeru (LE Dollectable Mayu.. but in that boy angel outfit!), but I've never seen the Double girls before!
      I also had no intentions of getting another big doll. PLUS the only SD sized doll I've ever had really didn't work out for me (and she cost a staggering $1200!)
      Plus I really have no idea how Souldoll's crazy colours survive through time, I hate seams and they make out as if we'll be cutting our fingers on sharp seams of death with Kayla.

In the end though I just said SCREW IT. If she ends up not being quite right, she's the kind of doll who'll definitely resell for what I paid for her, so I figured I should just go for it!
      Bring your Celina to Japan so we can have a party with them xD

10. Aw! I understand totally, the body's so important (learning more about Iplehouse every day now that Luna is in the house, she's so stiff, and I thought Soom dolls were stiff, aa!), but when the theme/style is so unique compared to other dolls, what are you going to do? :? For me, Kayla's so lovely, her hands are just grace itself. If she had come out first...but that's water under the bridge, LOL! :lol:

But yeah, I've love to have a Souldoll double meet-up in Japan, believe me! Unfortunately my job's limiting all vacation times this year until November, if you can believe it...nightmare! :...(

And...Korean? Eep, you scare me big-time. I'm still waaay behind on Japanese, and I've sort of thrown in the towel on that temporarily and am working on Spanish right now, since I've studied French it should be easier. Should. :sweat But just do what you do! Ageism is very unattractive, considering it's all just random numbers. ;)

.hlp

11. I have to agree with you on this. While I like her color I'm more interested in her unicorn! Although she shares a name with my niece so I keep going back to ponder over whether to get her or not.

12. Congrats on ordering her, midnite! :D I can't wait to see these gorgeous purple gals on DoA. <3 Oh, and if you tend to prefer smaller dolls, IMHO Souldouble girls are a great choice. They really aren't very big at all! I have my Queena sitting next to a Galena right now and they look great together but Queena is about a zillion times easier to handle and pose than Galena is. xD I was surprised by how petite they are! I hope you will like your Kayla. ^^

Gahhh, Kayla is so pretty and that lavender is simply luscious. Must resist and hope for white skin! >.<

13. Oh gawd I wish I could afford her *crying*. But with celina payed off and galena payed off recently there is way I can buy this beauty. Im so sad. i will have to rely on photos to get my dosage of her.

14. Well I was supposed to be getting Galena then that fell through - no money during her release):(

Then I was supposed to be getting Celina and that fell through - her clothes were sold out and I wanted a fullset.:(

So I'm quite glad I'm able to get this fantastic resin beauty!!!:aheartbea
      Plus I guess in the end, it's better for me to have a really different doll from Souldoll rather than getting yet ANOTHER Soom doll (I have 7 in total already, 4 at home and 3 on the way )
      So a good decision I think! (doesn't stop me still searching for a Galena though xD)

15. Yay first payment of $600 sent!:D

I did want to send the full $800 I have in my paypal account, but I need the remaining $200 as a sort of backup payment if I don't have any money in a months time to pay a 2nd payment!
      Not having a credit card makes life really difficult, and I really have no idea why you can attach a japanese bank account to a japanese paypal account, but you can only use it to deposit money from paypal into bank account, not the other way around!
      Basically the only way I can get money into my paypal account is if people buy my stuff!!
      As I have around $1500+ of stuff up for sale right now, I'm hoping I'll be able to make the $300 more I need to pay of Kayla soon!

How long a layaway does Soudoll allow again.. 90 days?

16. she is so beautiful!:aheartbea

17. I think 200 up front, then remaining half after 30 days, then the last half in another 30 days. Not that you can't pay off earlier when you have the money. Think they have a special plan for Chiron if not only cuz he is so massive and cost quite a bit more.

18. Only $200 left to go on my Kayla now yay! Said this in the waiting room but no oneis there with me. ::laughs::

Has no one else gotten this beautiful girl? I very much doubt it's going to be JUST ME??

I'm really curious about her skin colour at this point. It seems SO sparkly in the promo pics, but I wonder if that's really the case?
      If not, that almost makes me want to blush her with silver pearly goodness xD

19. Kayla is so beautiful. I'm trying to get enough money for the first layaway before the order period ends, so hopefully there is at least one with you in the waiting room, midnitestar. :lol:
      (I know two who have ordered Kayla, but they are not here in Doa.)
      I wasn't supposed to get more dolls right now, but hey, what is life without strugling to get the layaways paid? xD And since I'm not paying anything to Soom at the moment... Might as well get her. :D I was smitten with Celine too, but didn't have any money then.
      I only hope there won't be anything awesome from Soom or Souldoll in a while. :sweat