1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SoulDoll Tarot "The Hermit" discussion.

Jun 4, 2010

1. I think what we'd have to do is go through the remaining cards of the Major Arcana and see what might be suggestive of what (although with The Moon, I doubt any of us would've been even close to the mark, LOL!). Speculation thread? Personally, I like the idea of older sculpts in bjd collecting generally, I'm really interested in seeing more pics!

.hlp

2. I don't know anything about Tarot, but I'd be happy to speculate after seeing the the cards. :D

3. Please please please be a separate head and not just a face-up. If he does turn out to be, which I highly suspect looking at those wrinkles, he will be very difficult not to get. More companies should go for older looking sculpts, because this is just wonderful.

4. I made speculation thread!!! here

I know a thing or two about tarot.
      Some of these already released dolls are kinda off in imagery, *ahemthemoonahem* some of them are off but still nice *ahemtheempressahem* but ya. It'll definitely be interesting to see what they do come up with.

or fantasize about it. XD

midnite: I think there are gonna be quite a few more guys in the series. :> You can almost budget it out!

5. The younger man version of the Hermit kinda bores me in the teaser photo. But the older man intrigues me! He looks wonderful and I do hope it's an actual mold and that there's a basic version of the head.

6. The older man looks really amazing. I'm kind of questioning whether I think this solely because he's the only one of his kind so far, but either way I'm not complaining. I really wish more companies made mid-life and elderly sculpts. Not tons, but enough to have a choice.

7. I hear ya! The older sculpts are really very exciting, especially because we see so many babies. I would love to make a doll of my mother, but she would be really offended if I made her look like a young person :sweat

Hopefully Souldoll's Hermit will set off a new trend if he sells well enough.

8. Sadly guyz, it does not look like it' s a head, but more like a mask that fits over the younger man's face. Not at all what I was hoping for. I might have actually jumped for the doll if it had been a head. Maybe with the interest it generated they will make a head of that scuplt.

- ShadowHawke -

9. Well this was a bit of a disappointment. And the young man is not interesting at all to me, but maybe they will make a sculpt of that head anyway, we can hope.

10. I'm afraid you're right. They have released the full doll and the old mans face is an optional mask.

You can see him here - it took a long time to download but worth it! http://www.souldoll.com/shop/step1.php?number=1964

11. He's really interesting -- and he's still available! I want one of these Soul Doll Tarot Series sooooooooo badly! Although The Hermit isn't my type -- I want to start my Soul Doll collection with a female -- he's fabulous! Thank you for starting this thread about him!

12. It's a MASK!? :horror:

Well...I'm disappointed :|

He's still pretty cool though--and his Hermit costume and lantern are really close to the Tarot card itself. So that's a bit of consolation.

13. well that sucks..not interested at all now..and the younger face is blah..

14. I agree--the younger face is not so hot...though I do love the fact that his brows and facial hair are sculpted. I think it's something in his eyes or lips that really turns me off.

Sad facie for our dreams of an old-man sculpt :(

15. Amazing. Amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing version of Dorian Gray; while he was still young and beautiful, his hidden portrait, secured in a remote place, aged instead. This is simply -brilliant-, I think is an absolutely poetic idea. I am smitten!

16. I was hoping that it was not a mask, but it is.....aww man...well there goes my plans for a older person in my collection.

17. In a way I can kinda understand why they went with a mask instead of a head. The mask is only $50, if it was a head it would be double that. As much as we like old man in this thread you can easily tell it is a very niche market. At $50 I'd say people are more willing to buy the old man mask but at $100 probably only the people who really like old man would.

I love the whole old man theme, hair, outfit, face. Though now I see the younger man has sculpted in facial hair, that could be interesting as well. I suppose I like it better this time. XD And there is a lantern, even though I don't think it is for sale....

edit: Ya know, looking at the blank young man face he actually look quite nice. I suppose the faceup really doesn't do anyone justice huh.

18. Well, as annoying as it is, you get a good moddder and the mask could be attached and sculpted to be a real head to the young one- or if one was going to use a large wig like that, a new head back could be made out of the mask- you would just need someone comfortable with doing ears. I'm tempted to try to find just the mask and do that myself to share on the WS souldoll body I have with my I-so. lol

19. On the plus side the mask makes the doll's head look bigger making his hands look not so huge in comparison. The tiny head + giant hands thing is really strange to me.

The face up looks too heavy but the sculpt itself of the young man is gorgeous.

As for the old man - if anyone were desperate enough they could buy a practice head or junk head from the market place, slice off it's face and epoxy the old man's one in to place. *laughs* RESIN FACE OFF THE MOVIE...coming soon to the Workshop threads.

20. That is a big disappointment. :( It seems like they had a great idea but were worried how it would be received. If only they used face plates!

It is a bit funny that blue and purple dolls are a safer bet than an older one. :roll:

The younger man is nice enough. The face up and dandy outfit are making him remind me too much of a horribly evil character in a book I read, but that would go away with a different face up.