1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Vito (50cm) Discussion - Part 4

Apr 26, 2017

1. I was surprised they refunded me. I hadn't expected anything nor did I contact them in the hopes of getting anything. I just thought they should know that the face-up was exceptionally sunburned looking and certainly not what I was expecting at all. I can completely understand the default being all the same across the board. That's why it's called a default face-up.

SD has been very good when I've emailed them about questions. Eilam (Vito Rail) has the default face-up minus the strange lines under his eyes at my request. I'd offered to pay extra for that to be left out of the default but they said it was no problem to leave the lines out. I love his face-up and can't imagine him with a different one.

My Souloid also has the default face-up for the head I have on the body (yea for free head events!). They were very good about helping me instruct them to NOT paint the Phiel head but to paint the Titika head with his default face-up so there wouldn't be any confusion.

2. I ran into a similar problem with an Iplehouse limited girl. Her
      default resin tone was tan and I ordered her in their Peach Gold.
      When I got the doll the default blushing made her look hideous.
      When One of my friends told me she looked scary I decided to
      do something about it. I sent her head off to my favorite face up
      artist and had her wiped and a new face up applied. She is now
      beautiful. You really need to be careful about getting a default face
      up on a lighter resin tone doll.

3. @TomB I hadn't thought the level of blushing would be that high despite it being fairly heavy in the promo shots. That's on me. However, it might've been prudent for the face-up artist to realize how dark it was becoming and use a lighter touch. Live and learn, right?

I will be sending him out to have his sunburn treated with massive amounts of aloe. I'm not sure yet who is coming with me to DollNorth in May so I'm waiting a bit before I send him out in case he makes the cut to come with me. I have a fairly large selection of guys to bring even if I only consider the "new" dolls in my collection since last year's DollNorth. I try to bring dolls/sculpts that people don't see frequently or sometimes dolls that others specifically ask me to bring because they've never seen one in person. I think I'm the only one in my local group that has a Berial. If he comes, his partner, Kai-Wen (Raccoon Doll Elf Kai) will come as well and I don't think there's any Raccoon boys in my local group either.

4. Okay. So I made a decision today to buy a second hand Iplehouse Rex FID in ns to be my Vito Liam's body. I will be able to switch heads if I want or I can sell the Rex head. Only thing is, I need to mod the neck hole of his head. Although IH heads are smaller (15cm) their neck holes are much bigger; a dremel will be necessary. My big concern is what respirator should I buy to be safe? Anyone here know?

5. There is a great thread about respirator safety https://denofangels.com/threads/what-you-need-to-know-about-respiratory-protection.399096/

6. Thanks! My friend Linh made it.

7. Helloooo handsome <3

8. Hahaha! Love this guy!

9. Rai-Sui finally has a body! After being a floating head for over 2 years I snagged a body in the MP and he's finally a whole doll.
      [​IMG]Rai-Sui by ID Locke, on Flickr

The resin match is extremely close and if he wasn't in strong sunlight, it probably wouldn't be noticeable at all. With a face-up, it's likely not going to be an issue. He needs clothes as I've just cobbled something together so he's not nekked but that will require me getting off my lazy butt and actually making stuff.

10. @Iron_Dog - Ra-Sui! Doll Wisp must be happy (I can't remember if he already has a body though). I am interested to see his faceup when it's complete.

11. Yes, Wisp is quite happy now that he's got Rai-Sui.
      [​IMG]Rai-Sui &amp; Wisp by ID Locke, on Flickr

I have quite a few dolls requiring face-ups now. Rai-Sui has been a long time waiting but he was also just a head for the longest time.

12. @xyuemoto Thanks. I'm really pleased with how they look together.

13. I thought I got dropped from this thread but I guess it just went quiet. I got Rai-Sui back from the face-up artist yesterday and I love what she did with him. Awful apartment lighting is awful but I wanted to share.
      [​IMG]Rai-Sui by ID Locke, on Flickr

14. Rai-Sui is adorable, perhaps adorable is the wrong word. He looks magnificent with just a dash of 'creepy'.

I'm awful at taking pictures but I recently ended up with two Vito girls, a Freya in NS and a Calia in Sandy Brown, and I ordered a Vito male (Lester from the discontinuation/unsold orders) who should be here sometime early next year depending on production. I may have gone a little 'spend crazy' and ordered 4 dolls and some accessories (Mostly shoes and heel feet) from them all at once so I'm expecting a bit more of a wait as they cast everything. Does anyone have a favorite wig company for the Vito line? I tend to like synthetic wigs but I've noticed a lot of the companies I find in their sizes tend to look to 'full' as they have a smaller head than most dolls their wig size. I'll find wigs eventually, I'm just curious what everyone else does. Especially because I forgot all about wigs/clothes when making my order for the dolls. :doh

15. Rai-Sui is wearing a 5/6 Litch 2D wig. It's a touch big but I think part of that is because of the "missing" resin on the part of his skull side. His wig hides it, but the skull part continues up his head beyond where a wig typically sits. Eilam (Rail) wears a 7/8 Hual wig and it fits him nicely (he also has a silicone cap under it) and it's gorgeously soft. Berial (Belial) wears a 7/8 Happy Camille wig with a silicone cap and it fits well. Both of them need the silicone cap for their wigs as they are quite long (ass-length) and on the heavier side so tend to want to slide off slick resin heads.

Monique has some really lovely, soft wigs (the gold collection) and generally they don't end up looking too pouffy on the smaller heads. I've got Monique wigs on some of my smaller headed guys (4/5, 5/6 & 6/7) and the pouffiness really only starts to come into play with the much smaller sizes. The size 3 wigs I bought... they're a hard no.

16. Oh, I use 6-7" on my Liam. Even they can be poofy. I think it's the head shape.