1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Vito (50cm) Discussion - Part 4

Apr 26, 2017

1. Looking forward to seeing her, hope you'll post photos soon!

2. I will try!

I know I have seen a comparison of Souldoll's old and new white but now I can't find it!

3. I thought they had it posted to their site. Maybe in the FAQ's?

4. I thought so too! I've tried FAQ, notices, and a bunch of dolls! I found it with a Google search!

#424 nancy_schroeder_ca, Jul 24, 2020
      Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    5. Has anyone ever bought jointed hands with any Vito dolls? I really want to get some with Jacop. But I want to make sure they will fit

6. I've been writing a short paper on doll portraiture and I used my Freya to
      illustrate various lighting designs. This is one of the illustrations.

[​IMG]Freya Portrait by Tom Beach, on Flickr

7. Vitos are so perfect

8. Has anyone tried to put a girl Soulkid head on the old girl Vito body? The soulkid and vito heads look to be almost the same size and I feel like the soulkid heads look way too bobbleheaded on kid bodies (I'm trying to go for an 7.5 ~ 8 heads tall proportions and want to buy a new body for my kid head)
      I would love to see a full front body pic if anyone has tried!

9. @Suindo
      There is a Vito hybrid on the MP in the MSD section actually, featuring a Bonnie head on it, that has the pics you desire ;)
      And yes, the heads of the (newer) Soulkids and Vito girls are very similar in size (6-7).

10. Oooh thank you! Now that I know it's been done, I can just order a body~ thanks!

11. @Suindo No problem at all! Happy ordering, despairing while waiting and enjoying ;)

12. I can't believe! Ordered Vito body on January 27th and it was shipped on March 5th! How it can be :o

13. Soul Doll has posted a notice that as of today, April 21st, they are suspending sales of the Vito line as well as the Tera Zenith and Sweetest lines.

Hello? This is SOULDOLL.
      We are sorry to break the news to all of you who love SOULDOLL.

Our company has been making various efforts internally for many years regarding the doll's production period.

Nevertheless, many dolls were difficult to deliver quickly because they were not produced smoothly compared to the schedule we wanted to think about and pursue.

As a result of the long discussion, we inform you that we will stop selling the doll line below for the time being.

[Suspension of sales]

>Tera-zenith dolls & body & parts
      >Vito boy& girl dolls & bodies & parts

>Sweetest dolls & body & parts

Please understand that we decided this to improve the delivery period, efficiency, and quality of work.

The suspension of sales will begin today, April 21, 2021 and the schedule to resume sales has yet to be decided.

If we resume sales by line later, we will inform you of the resumption schedule in advance.

We will do our best for all works.

We hope your continued support.

Thank you.

I'm glad they're making efforts to keep on top of their production times but sad that they find the need to stop making the Vito line 9at least for now). I hope it's not a permanent thing like with the Double line and that they bring the Vito line back because I love the size (I have 3 Vitos) and they're beautiful.

14. Oh dear. I have a hard time believing the reasons Souldoll gave us are the true cause for this cut... I fear it's just a polite way of putting it. For once, waiting time for orders placed directly with Souldoll were a dream compared to most other companies. We had two doll orders from them in the last 12 months, both only two months in waiting. Just read the post in this thread preceding this announcement.
      Souldoll had a hard time holding their business together before when they launched their mass discontinuation, dropping everything but the best selling lines and molds. Some of their best sculptors were let go. Then came the Covid crisis, and with it the massive increases in shipping fees - and now it's down to the last two doll lines which always used to have the most sales. I think they are cutting down on costs massively now and they're struggling. I hope they'll make it somehow, they are such a great company :(

15. I have to agree with Mandagore here to a degree. They announced it and the moment they announced it the products were gone. I've ordered Zeniths, and I've ordered TeraZeniths and I've ordered them throughout the past few years. Even with Covid my orders this year (Two Zeniths and Two TeraZeniths) were faster than the previous year (one Zenith, One TZ)....the production time wasn't different between the two different sculpts/sizes this year. All of their current releases have all come from just one sculptor when beforehand I think it was at least two or three different sculptors. With a turn around time of roughly 4 months for the 'average' order (not counting detailed limited releases), I'm not sure how much more they want to cut down turn around times...

16. I was surprised that they announced the stoppage effective immediately. If anyone had been trying to decide/save up for one of the lines, the opportunity was just gone to do so. I get that it's been rough for a lot of people/companies this past year but damn.

17. I am a little sad, I think the Vito boys are pretty perfect and decided that I only wanted Vitos for my boys. I have two and was hoping to get another body is Sandy Brown. I understand why they felt the need to do this and I will stand by them. Souldoll has always been great for me to order from.

18. I love my SD guys (I have 6, 3 Vitos, 2 Doubles and a Souloid; 7 if you count the Phiel head that's on a DV 3-arm body). I do hope that the stoppage is a temp thing and that they eventually bring the line back. Not that I have the cash to spare for a doll any time in the immediate future *sighs*.

I don't have plans for another Vito at this time but that doesn't mean it won't happen (2nd hand now, but whatever). I mean, if there was the opportunity for me to get my hot little hands on Kyle/Amon The Hanged Man Vitos (gargoyle body), I'd be snapping down the cc so fast I'd leave friction burns on my fingers and I don't put dolls on credit (that is the heavily greased downhill slope to hell in my mind). I quite like the scowl on Lester's face, too, but I restrict myself from buying simply because he's pretty the odd time I see him pop up 2nd hand (which makes my dolly heart weep but my wallet thankful).

19. This is very very sad! Quite a few of you actually helped me decide on Vito being the perfect size for my boy doll idea.. although I did decide on another doll not Vito I did use their line a s a preference in size and comparison.

20. Oh my. :( Hope the sale-stop really is only temporary. I really loved the Vito boys and the one Vito lady I do own, is just perfect to get the right variation in sizes in my MSD crew - also perfect to shell my taller OC, so...
      Sure others might need these sizes just for the sake of height diversity ^^°

If they feel overwhelded with production or have production issues, I can totally relate that they limit their offers.
      Their caster might have limited capacities for them as well, so they need to prioritize what sells well and with few issues at the current sitution.
      Crossing fingers we'll soon have this beauties return - maybe even return back with some new creations. Especially loved the Tarot series in all their sizes and a few more Vitos joining that wouldn't be a wrong move... :3 For me at last.