1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Vito (50cm) Discussion - Part 4

Apr 26, 2017

1. Souldoll doesn't start casting your doll until it is paid off.

2. Per their announcement a few years ago, casting does not start until after the layaway is finished. That being said, depending on the length of the layaway I have seen them start casting my dolls after I have gone over the 1/2 price mark. Then again, this was with large orders (over 2000 USD) that were on layaway for their max length of time so I'm not sure if the price itself was what made them start or if they normally start after so much is paid off/after a certain amount of time.

I would not count on them casting early. If you wanted to have layaway and have them cast your dolls in the process you could look into dealers in your country. US based I know there is Fabric Friends and Dolls that I have used personally and had good luck with so far. I would talk to the dealer though because I know shipping prices have hit them hard as well so they may need to batch orders/wait longer before placing an order to make the juice worth the squeeze.

3. "to make the juice worth the squeeze."
      hahaha! cute. @errinreynolds

4. Did you see the news?!?!
      Some of the Vitos are back!!!! <3

5. Yea! I'm so glad they brought back the Vito line. Now I just need them to bring back the hooved Vito boy body......

6. Hi beautiful Vito owners! Today I come to you with a question about clothing I still haven't found an straight answer to.
      I just recently discovered SartoriaJ dolls and clothing line and was ecstatic to find their boys' measurements not that different but also not the same (as it also happens with Iplehouse's FIDs) as our Vito boys.
      I'm in love with some of the clothing and they're completely my guy's style so I was wondering: have any of you tried them for your Vito and how did they fit?

7. I know there's a couple of people here who have both Vitos and the SartariaJ boys so perhaps they could be kind enough to do a side-by-side comparison of the two bodies. Or maybe someone has done one already?

8. Yes, they fit very well, I have a vito boy wearing the ripped jeans the black t-shirt from SartoriaJ!

9. Clothes should fit (I've seen other people use it but, of course, there is some room for error), but I believe shoes will not fit. Vito's have especially hard-to-dress feet, lol.

10. [​IMG]Vito and SartoriaJ by Marsha Barlow, on Flickr
      [​IMG]Vito and SartoriaJ by Marsha Barlow, on Flickr

11. Great! You all have made me so happy ^w^
      I'll be sure to take some pictures of the result when I order and they arrive.

Shoes never really feet with these guys, am I right?
      Luckily I'm not too troubled about that anymore as he has a pair of a bit bigger sneakers that do the trick (the same that the Vito in the above picture has, I think).

12. Vito boys can swap with Iple SID women feet if that helps at all for flat shoes. I have 2 of my Vito guys (and my FID) with the heeled feet from Iple. Resin match is not 100% but they're feet and when the shoes are on, chances are you won't notice. The grey is pretty close as is the old SD white and Iple white.

My guys being shoeless isn't usually a big deal for me. Shoes are also the bane of my dolly life so....

13. Looks like this thread hasn't been active for a long time, but I didn't know where else to post so here we go. I'm currently saving up for a Vito Liam (and saving, and saving, and saving...y'all know how it is) and I had a weird question for anyone who owns one already and feels like helping a girl out. Basically, I'm planning on pairing my Liam with my Soulkid girl and I'm concerned that since they're not necessarily made to go together, her head/face might look bigger than his (something that would bug me a whole lot, don't judge me). I've tried comparing their pictures based on eye size but as you can imagine this doesn't work too well, so if someone who owns this sculpt could possibly measure his face for me that would save me a lot of agonizing and wondering, lollll. A picture of a measuring tape across his face from side to side and top to bottom would be AMAZING (otherwise I wouldn't necessarily know what points were measured in order to compare), and then I could measure my girl's face and compare them that way. Probably a weird question to have, I know, but something I care about enough to find out before spending 400+ dollars on him. :XD:

14. Not exactly what you're asking for but I have 3 Vito's and 2 Kid heads (on a Souloid and DV body). I could take a pic of their heads side-by-side for you so you can get an approximate of what they'd look like next to each other. I don't collect girls but the Kid heads should be close enough to give you a sense of proportion I think despite being boys.

I have the Souloid Phiel Gold Mechanic head on a DV 3-arm body and a Kid Titika head 5/8" on the Souloid body. For Vitos I have Rail, Azrael the Hierophant skull head and Berial.

Additionally, the Kid heads I have measure 6 5/8" (6/7 wig) while the Vitos measure 7" (7/8 wig). There's only 3/8" difference in circumference of the heads so they're very similar in size and I don't think the pairing in that sense looks off. For the record, I have them paired as follows:
      SD Vito Rail/Soom ID51 Gluino
      SD Vito Azrael/Iple Creaa-J Lev
      SD Vito Berial/Raccoon Doll Kai Elf
      SD Souloid (Titika head)/AoD Min
      DV 3-arm body (SD Phiel head)/Batchix Dark Elf

15. I would be interested to see this comparison, thank you!! My main concern is that from pictures I've seen, it seems like older Vito sculpts might have had larger heads than Liam? I'm not sure if this is true but it always seems like his neck looks bigger in proportion to his head than the others lol. That's why I was concerned about his head looking too small.

16. I can add some info... not sure how helpful it is given I don’t have the particular sculpt you are curious about.

I own:
      Souldoll Vito Riris (older sculpt made for the old Vito girl body)
      Souldoll Vito Charlotte (newer sculpt for the new Vito girl body)
      Soulkid Lev (super old boy)
      Soulkid Kyron (older boy released on the NL boy body)
      Soulkid Baby Pink (very recent release,) 2021.

The one thing I can say is head size is inconsistent across all the lines. My Vito Riris girl has the tiniest head out of all the dolls I listed above. My Vito Charlotte has a more traditional MSD sized head but is very much in scale with my Baby Pink. Souldoll heads tend to lean toward the smaller size and I think that who the sculptor is makes a difference in the head size and scale of features.

Not sure if Souldoll might be able to provide you more accurate measurements... but it's definitely a mixed bag in my experience. My Vito Riris caught me most off guard. She kinda reminds me of a Fashion doll type scale. She doesn't look way off base from the others when fully displayed, but a definite size difference when side by side with my Vito Charlotte.

17. Here we go. I've got a standing shot, seated side-by-side and seated back-to0back. Note that for the seated shots I've got Warrick (the Souloid) sitting on a book just so the head sizes could be compared easier. If he's not on a book, the top of his head would not be even with Eilam's as Eilam is a fair bit taller than Warrick (52cm to 48.5cm). They also have the default face-ups for their respective sculpts.

[​IMG]SD Vito Rail & SD Souloid by ID Locke, on Flickr
      [​IMG]SR Vito Rail & SD Souloid2 by ID Locke, on Flickr
      [​IMG]SD Vito Rail & SD Souloid1 by ID Locke, on Flickr

The Vito has a greater head depth and height despite not being all that much bigger in circumference than the Kid head I have in the photo. It looks like even less of an issue when they're both wearing their wigs but the height difference between them may also fool the eye into thinking that the difference is less than it is.

18. This seems to confirm my suspicions... it definitely seemed when I looked at the different Vito sculpts, the head sizes all differed quite a bit. The Soulkids seem to vary too, not just in size, but in style.

This is kind of what I thought looking at Liam compared to some of the other Vitos! He seemed to have more fashion doll proportions to me. That was my main concern pairing him with an MSD that has a bigger head in proportion to her body.

@Iron_Dog Thanks so much for the comparison pictures! The Vito head is bigger in comparison than I thought, and that's a good thing, since I was worried about it being too small. Hopefully Liam's head will be a similar size!

19. @puppymush No problem. Just bear in mind that Eilam (Rail) was made in late 2017 and they did... refresh? the Vito line a year or two ago so may have made changes that are not reflected in my guys since they are the "older" Vitos. The Rail sculpt was also discontinued shortly after I placed my order for him.

20. I have a Vito Liam head that I put on a IH FID muscle body. I can do measurements but not tonight. It’s an older head though.