1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Vito (50cm) Discussion - Part 4

Apr 26, 2017

1. Love their look! Where did you get their clothes?

2. @Akutenshi7 Thank you~ :) oh I made all their chlotes ^^;, except YoonGi jeans it coming from Nine9style cafe :)

3. Good job on the clothes. Where did you find the patterns? Or did you make them yourself?

4. Thank you @Iron_Dog :), I made the pattern only based on their body measure ^^; so there is still some mistake, Vito body kinda difficult since they are so muscular

5. *nods* I'm hoping that I won't need to modify the patterns I made for my Soom ID51's to make the clothes fit my Vito boy (whenever the heck he gets to me). The Iple FID's have some challenges to their patterns, too, as they're quite muscular and have a weird shape to the underarm ball joint (I'm making clothes for a friend's FID boy).

6. I was just looking at YoonGi on the Souldoll site. @larva-zax he's a very handsome guy and I love the photo of your group. Imho Souldoll has some of the best faceup artists out there. I'm guessing that your YoonGi is a normal resin, and the guy in the back of the photo is a Sandy resin? All are quite amazing. :D (I was also looking at Paw....)

7. Thank you! @oriscany :D all my vito boys is normal resin ^^; including vito sean on the back of photo, i body blush him and his faceup is too dark so kinda look like sandy ^^; , sadly sandy resin is quite more cost than normal, altought i really like the color tone and want to have one myself.

I agree that souldoll have one of the best faceup artist, Yoongi faceup (in the middle) stand out between my other 2 vito boys ^^; Elan (left) and sean (right)
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

#107 larva-zax, Jan 17, 2018
      Last edited: May 11, 2018
    8. Your boys look great @larva-zax :D Really love how you have them dressed. I need to work on collecting more clothes for my boy (along with my other 50cm dolls :lol: ).

Speaking of my boy, here’s my Edmund, Ichigo. :aheartbea

[​IMG]

I finally got sick of fiddling so much with his chest piece when posing him, so I carved a notch into the inside portion of the joint on the top of the lower torso so he locks into place when I want him to slouch. x)

9. lovin' all the guy candy.
      wow - very clever of you, @Singull . slouching is good. :thumbup

10. @Singull thank you ^^, i also had difficulty for their wardrobe since i plan to make them as boyband, need more colorful and cool outfit.
      wow i like your ichigo! is he ichigo from Bleach? :D

11. I got my Vito boy as a consort for a JID girl and neither of them were
      pleased. I'd opt for the Raccoon Doll or the FID. I finally gor mine a Vito girl.

12. Eilam (Vito Rail) arrived today! 5 months and 1 week from when I ordered him. He's gorgeous (and sitting on my desk right now *grins*). But I think I need to call BS on SoulDoll as the 6/7 wig (the site lists Vito wigs as 6.5) I bought for him ages and ages ago does NOT fit, which sucks as it's a Leeke art wig that's been long sold out. Before I order him a new wig, what size are you guys using?

13. Congrats on Eilam's arrival, @Iron_Dog !

I agree the 6/7 wig size is more wishful thinking than accurate. I have a SoulDoll Kid's 6/7 wig that's not too bad on my Vito, but I found a Monique Buttercup (see below) that gives better coverage. If it's a little poufy at least it doesn't go flying off his weird egg-shaped head. For the most part stay away from wigs with a hard cap; look for something with a stretchy cap instead.
      [​IMG]

14. I was looking during my lunch and I saw one by Usagihime that could do nicely but it's really looooong. I'm not opposed to long since he's supposed to have long hair that he typically wear in a ponytail (sort of ancient Chinese drama style). But this wig would give him hair down to his knees or maybe even to his calves. I have 2 dolls with hair to their ankles and while gorgeous, they are a PITA and tangle like mad despite how careful I am with them. I realize scissors are a real thing and I could easily cut the wig to the appropriate length (roughly waist-length as I love me some long-haired guys), I always find myself reluctant to do so.

15. Where do you find these really long wigs? I've been looking for some for a while.

16. super long wigs are hard to find these days, so cutting one would be a step backwards IMO.
      there are some long-ish wigs that Monique Trading Co. sells. the Gold series is nice quality and stretchy which helps with hard-to-fit heads.

I've been waiting for my order of clothes for Vito Riris for almost a week. clothes. just sitting at JFK. USPS doesn't even show the shipping info.
      Korean post stops at the airport. scan it in already!

17. The ones I saw today were at UsagiHime bjd wig 兔姬 兔姬工作室 - Powered by ECShop . The other super long wigs I bought both came from Cool Cat several years ago. Both were 7/8. One of the wigs I modded by dying it pale blue and sizing it down to a 6.5 (it was for an RS Jun). You can find really long wigs but your selection of style/colour seems to go drastically down. Generally, it's been my experience that you can find black and white in super long wigs and if you're a bit adventurous, you can dye a white wig if you need to to get close to the colour you're aiming for.

18. Thanks a lot.

19. [​IMG]

Here's my Lester, Jack! I need to redo his faceup so he looks more like the character he's meant to be, but Souldoll's default faceup is so nice T_T

20. wownhe is a handsome guy @Dr.Zed
      I agree SD default faceup is so nice