1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SOULDOLL Zenith Chiron Discussion - 70cm Centaur & Human versions

Nov 19, 2008

1. I have no idea what horses look like, so I don't really mind the horse body beeing thin.;)
      I like the look of the human torso (chest joint!:D) and I love the original drawing :aheartbea, can't wait to see how he looks all finished and with a faceup. :love
      The last pictures in the diary was from two months ago.. Do you think he's done yet? When can we expect real pictures of him assembled?

2. based on what i'm seeing in the sculpture shots, the horse body is anatomically correct, just like the human body is.

3. I'm wondering if the long body might have something to do with helping him stand? As it's a diary and the dates of the pictures are a few monts ago, he could've developed quite a lot since then anyway. I quite like him being stylised but admit the horse body looks a bit thin and long for what I imagined :) I'm really looking forward to his release though; especially alongside what we anticipate for Sooms MD :D

4. Has anyone ever read that Harry Potter fanfic where Hermione finds a half unicorn/half centaur boy abandoned in the woods and decides to take care of him despite everyone telling her she's retarded and she should just dump the poor kid where she found him?

I think the centaur/unicorn was named Cyrus and had a star or crescent shaped mark on his forehead. He was a kind and gentle creature compared to the more brutal primal centaurs from the Potter verse.

It was the first internet fic I had ever read and it always made me really smooshy... Shame the Weasley network exploded ;_; Makes me want to reread the thing again...

Anyways, I'm obviously too poor for such a doll so I'll just wistfully watch from the poorhouse :3

EDIT: Found it on Fanfiction.net :Dhttp://www.fanfiction.net/s/1359080/1/Hermione_Granger_and_the_Centaur_Boy

5. Now I'm thinking.. how to go about painting a horse body like that.
      Woaz... its gonna take a lot of time and patience.
      I hope he has a more pointed/sharp face rather than a boxy, masculine one.
      And the torso looked absolutely slim-lined in those photos. Rather love that actually.
      Just thinking about seeing him stand on all four-legs and maybe even position him to sit or lie... :D
      It's so exciting to think about possibilities!

6. I love that look, but has anyone thought about the SHIPPING CHARGE for that brut. He is going to be heavy. But from the looks.he is also worth every penny, too. But I wonder if they are going to do just one color or take special requests like they do with face ups...I would like an APPALOUSA.. . no really, I love APPs a black leopard would be fantastic.
      - ShadowHawke -

7. I think these compnaies have deals with postal companies when it comes to shipping- so I wouldn't worry to much about it. He'll probably be more to send than a standrad SD size, but I don't think it'd be the same as if one of us was planning on sending him :)

8. Leopard Appy would look HOT on him!! :fangirl:

But as far as shipping charges, I really hope Soom creates an option to have him sent unstrung. At least then he could be piled in a bubblewrappy heap, resulting in a smaller box. I have absolutely no trepidation regarding doll engineering, so that would be a far more convenient option for me (and probably easier, considering I'll just have to pull him apart to dye/blush anyway). The weight, of course, will still guarantee me a crazy ship charge, but not as bad as a combination of the weight and size of a huge box.

9. You know as much as everyone would love an appy Im sure there gonna stick to like palomino, buckskin, black or white. you know the basics. Maybe chestnut or bay. =P its just harder. The color would varry too much. Like with roans and such, it aslo takes alot more effort. *shrug* but thats just my opinion.

10. AS for shipping: probably have the guy strung in one box and the horse bits bubble wrapped, un-strung, in another box. That is assuming I understand he will be guy and centaur doll.

11. I am hoping for a chestnut horse- I love red heads :D

12. A bay would be nice. I wonder if he could have dapples on his rump. *dreamy eyes* If he had dapples I think I would die! This is so hard not to look. I know I wont be able to afford it. What with vet bills for my rats and dogs. Not to mention paying board and feed for my real horse! =P

13. Bloody hell! He's gonna be absolutely monstrously huge. Not that that's a bad thing, but still...giant doll is giant. I can't wait to see how he turns out.

14. yes indeed, i'm dying to see what the boy look like :) I think i already have a name pick out :)

15. Mephistol- how come I see you haunting all these threads heheh :D there seems to be a small group of us obsessing over the same things- terrible isn' it ;)

16. I want to see owner pics before I'm sold, I think. It would be fun to see Chiron with a dreamy CP Lishe on his back!

17. That's a very specific thing to want to see. ;)

I can see my MSD girl driving him nuts trying to ride him. Poor guy's gonna be sooo traumatized if he comes here.

18. I don't think I'm going to purchase him when he comes out (Way to big!) but I am really interested to see what he lookes like! I keep coming back to see if there is an update of any kind! *laughs*

19. I wonder if it would be insulting to make him a saddle...? (u_u) hmm.

20. Anyone looked at the answers in the product Q&A?

"He will be saled by different versions and it can't be switched.(except to the head. The head of Centaur and human's head is a little bit different.)"

:o

This is interesting! Can't wait to see some pics of him!