1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SoulDoll Zenith Discussion ~ Part II

Nov 12, 2014

1. How much bigger is Shiva’s head than the other Zenith girls? When I got Briseas second hand I was surprised at the head size difference... she is comparable to Iplehouse SID heads in size :aeyepop:. Are we talking that kind of bigger or just a little bit bigger?

2. Well, it's more that her face is bigger rather than the whole head, they all wear the same size wigs . I've had 4 heads to compare her with; Paratiisi, Uha, Jina and Swinte. The most noticeable difference was with Swinte, whose head/face is tiny compared to all of them. With the others it's not that noticeable. I can probably take some photos later... For now I have this photo where you can see Swinte with Jina and how much smaller and slimmer her face is here.
      I think Jina is closer to Shiva's size but I've never actually compared the two because they don't belong in the same story.

3. Thank you for this info! I like the Supia body :-)

4. Thanks so much :) the photo of Swinte and Jina is very helpful... I have Swinte so that makes a good reference. So based on that, Shiva should be about the same face size as my Justitia. I hope to get Shiva’s head in the August sale.
      I really like the faceups on both Jina and Swinte and great job on modding Swinte. Her eyes look perfectly even and symmetrical and the mouth looks great. It looks like you softened the corner edges on her bottom lip?

@Dreadfulme you’re welcome :)

5. @PennyDes I took the Jina head next to my Shiva (Shiva-G more specifically) and the Shiva is still bigger than her. All of her features are slightly bigger and the whole area of the face seems wider. She's in a dark corner and a pain to move with all her arms and other dolls in front of her, so I can't get photos and didn't remove her wig, but overall she seems bigger. So in comparison to Swinte, the Shiva head is huge. :'D
      And yes, I think I softened the lips all around -upper lip as well. For a Souldoll sculpt her eyes were already quite even and didn't need a lot of work. I've had to do much bigger fixes on other girls (Uha mainly, but Jina as well).

I really need to re-do the face up on my Jina since she has too much eye make up on for the character, but since realizing that there's a better sculpt for her (discontinued, though) I'm not sure if I'll keep the head anyway. It's also bothering me a bit that I had to enlarge her eyes quite a bit to make them more symmetrical. Shelling characters can be such a pain. I was also talking to mizya and she was enabling me to get a J.Issac head to be Sigrun's husband. I never considered him because I need the character in grey, but I could always just buy the head, get him a grey body from somewhere and dye the head. =__=;; I don't have any affinity for Souldoll's new bodies anyway because of the horrible jointing, so hybriding is the best option for me anyway. Curse this realization. I'd also like a Lime head but since Mizya might be getting her, I can just admire her there... I have too many Zenith girls anyway. And now I have all sorts of plans in my head since Lime and J.Issac are clearly siblings :P They have such a similar look.

6. Thanks for comparing Jina’s head to Shiva G’s and letting me know she’s considerably larger :thumbup. I took a quick comparison photo (forgive the horrible lighting) of some floating heads left to right... IH EID Asa, SD Briseas, SD Swinte, SD Anaele and SD Justitia. Briseas’s head is actually a little bit larger in reality than in this photo as she is tilted back a to keep the head from falling over. So Shiva’s head sounds like it’s probably closer in size to Briseas.
      [​IMG]
      Sorry to hear Jina isn’t right for your character... what discontinued doll sculpt are you thinking will work? I imagine character shelling would be difficult :aeyepop: needing both a specific look to the sculpt and the faceup. I hope you can find exactly what you need :). I just took a peek at Souldoll’s page to jog my memory... j.Issac and Lime really do look strikingly similar. Definitely could be related. I’ve not dared to try dying resin yet but do intend on airbrushing a few doll heads to match Peach Gold resin. Do you get better results dying the resin? I look forward to seeing how J.issac turns out if you get him :3nodding:.
      Souldoll bodies aren’t tops on my list either and fortunately NS has been pretty easy to resin match for hybrids so far. I can only hope they age somewhat the same :thumbup.

7. @PennyDes Wow, I'm not sure if she's quite _that_ large since I can't compare to Swinte anymore, but definitely on the bigger side. Funny how even the same sculptor makes varied sizes. Since at least Paratiisi, Jina and Swinte are by the same sculptor, but my others don't have the sculptor name inside so I can't be sure about them. Then again, one would assume that if the sculptor had signed at least 3 sculpts, they would've signed all the ones s/he made.

I actually finally re-painted my Jina and she's so much better now, making me completely re-think giving up on her. The heavy eyeliner is gone and her face is much more fitting for a young Korean woman now... but she's still extremely hard to photograph and part of the reason is likely the eyes. I need to sell these and get her new ones, I suppose. Her character has really dark brown eyes but I guess I need to make a compromise with the doll form just to be able to take good photos of her. I would've gone for Elfdoll Eun-A as a replacement, but then I would've had to switch her to normal skin and I'm not sure if the Loongsoul body I've been eyeing for her would've matched anymore.

[​IMG]
      Here she is now, but I need to darken her cheek blushing a bit still. I thought I already made it too dark, but apparently not.

I definitely prefer dyeing, although I haven't tried it with colour matching yet.. I imagine I'm gonna need a lot of test resin pieces to get it right. Not that I need an exact match as light blushing can do the rest. For a head match I'd definitely go with dyeing, as I absolutely hate painting face ups over an airbrushed surface and it chips so much easier than just a regular face up. I'd hate to have to go through all that trouble again every time the head get's a little scratch. And re-airbrushing each time the face up needs to be changed for any reason... I shudder to just think about it. Besides I personally don't have good enough paints for that job... there's always some piece of dust or a bigger dot of paint that comes through and you just can't have that on a doll's face.
      I'm a little afraid of dyeing the head too, though, because in my experience Souldoll parts taking dye is a complete hit or miss. Some take it wonderfully and some in really weird patches. (I've dyed their armours and weapon parts). I'm hoping a head will be finished more evenly and will not go blotchy.

8. @Yenna Jina looks beautiful.... the more subtle eye makeup makes a definite difference in her appearance. It enhances her sweet innocent look even more. I’m glad she might work out for you after all :). It’s really amazing how makeup has a big impact sometimes. Elfdoll Eun-A is very pretty and I think she and Jina share a similar look. I’ve always liked Rita but obtaining her would be near impossible.
      Chipping and being more scratch prone is definitely one of my worries with airbrushing the whole head. I hadn’t even considered the hassle if changing the faceup though :doh... yuck. I think I’ll see if I can get away with using blushing all over to achieve a close match instead. Souldoll heavily blushed Briseas’s face and she almost matches peach gold resin. Dye definitely seems like more of a lasting solution albeit nerve wracking. You’ve done a great job on armor in the past :thumbup... I remember seeing the results of you dying justitia’s armor set. It looks fabulous. Doing test pieces is a great idea and fingers crossed the head will have a nice even finish so it takes the dye well. :)

9. I just paid for a Zenith girl head from the discontinued page, now hoping someone can tell me what bodies I can look at besides Soul Doll to hybrid? I got her in WS since that would be a little easier to color match.....

10. After two days thinking and agonizing, I got some help from my previous flatmate so I could buy Chiron as a full doll before they started to sell just the heads separated. I'm soooooo happy now!

11. Congratulations! And what a sweet previous flatmate!

12. Congratulations! A friend of mine put her Zenith girl on a Supiadoll 60cm double jointed and I think it looked great :). Hers was a good resin match but it was NS. I’m not sure how Supiadoll and Souldoll compare with white resin.

@KuranYuuki Congratulations! That was very nice of your previous flatmate to help :).

13. Hello. Do you happen to know if you can choose the 5% discount instead of the free shipping if you exceed $300 on your order? :huh?:

14. Yeah, I counted that and asked a friend about the shipping cost she had on her doll, what was about $60 so it would be still $30 more with the full shipping and 5% discount than with the free shipping. And I did order him through Alice because my flatmate wanted the ugly fish they have on event at the moment. So the 5% wouldn't work.

15. Quick question... does anyone own a Souldoll Aveline? I’ve not been able to find any owner photos online.
      @Ashemanu :) I hope you won’t mind my asking, but do you have any photos of Hae Bin blank before you gave her a face up? Souldoll never put blank photos up and there are none to be found elsewhere online.

#595 PennyDes, Aug 2, 2018
      Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    16. @PennyDes No, unfortunately not. Only with face up.

17. [​IMG]

After so many years of wanting and just short of seven months of waiting, he's finally home. Sandy Brown Chiron Centaur version on the old Zenith boy body. Currently poured into some of the looser SD13 boy clothing I had lying around.

I hate this wig but it's the only one I can get to stay on his tiny pin head, the dark blue one I have for him falls back and won't stay in place lol. Gonna need to use a silicone cap/velcro/something. XD; Maybe just get him a custom one made at some point. I almost wonder if trying a larger-running 7/8 wig might not be a horrible idea lol his head is smaller than all the 8-9 wearing SDs around here.

I love the sandy brown and I'm glad I picked it. It's actually a fairly cool-toned color rather than a more orange-y tan. Need to get him clothes that fit, do something about the wig, and get him some fancier eyes.

He's supposed to be a representation of my Night Elf Druid from World of Warcraft, Elarisel, hence the blue hair/gold eyes combo. (Look, Elarisel, your doll form actually gets to have eyebrows. ;P)

#597 Ian-KunX, Aug 3, 2018
      Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    18. @Ian-KunX grats to your Chiron! He looks awesome! But you are right, a dark blue wig would suit his character much better. Souldoll really has impossible heads in their Zenith line. 8-9 is too big, 7-8 often too small, and most of them wouldn`t stay on the heads anyway.

My Federer was lucky, it seems he has one of the easier heads ^^

[​IMG]Federer 3 by Ashemanu, auf Flickr

19. @Ian-KunX congrats on chiron! The SB befits him really well.
      Can totally feel you on the wig horror. I normally love shopping wigs, however for my Clay it's just horror. I'm also very picky with color and finally found the perfect rfect colors, but you guessed it, it's too big (and the msd would be too small). Even with a silicone cap it's a flopping around rodeo on his head when I try to pose him xD

@Ashemanu your Federer kills the wig (in a good way ;) ) and that outfit is perfect!

20. Congratulations on your Chiron, @Ian-KunX ! :D I used to want him in Gray to be my Vesuvia's husband, however I had a dilemma because I liked the human version's smirk better, but I loved the long ears of the centaur head. xD In the end I never got him, but it's always lovely seeing him around!

Souldolls' dolls have an odd head shape that makes finding wigs for them difficult, indeed. They have a lot of mass towards the back of their heads, but the forehead is often low (while many other companies make high foreheads for their dolls) so finding a wig that fits perfectly can be challenging. I've yet to tackle the task of finding a wig for my Swinte, but the poor girl doesn't even have a face up yet either (I've only had her for almost two years *cough*) because I've been uninspired to paint my resin dolls lately. Well, hopefully I'll find the motivation to do a face up for her before winter comes. ^^; I need to hunt down some brown eyes for her, too, and that's a challenge in itself as well... there's surprisingly little available when it comes to brown eyes, whereas there are a bazillion shades available of violets, pinks, yellows etc. Or maybe I'm just extremely picky, lol!

The news of the discontinuation made me act and finally order Lime's head. She's been on my wishlist for a while, but there were always other dolls that came first, and then Souldoll stopped offering the old Double Zenith girl body and I'm just not a fan of the new body... so, Lime got pushed back on my priority list again. Luckily now they offered the discontinued dolls as heads only, so I was able to get Lime before she's gone forever! ;__; I'm still sad that I missed out on H.C. Delmia when she was discontinued, because they only offered them as full dolls. I couldn't afford a full doll at the time. Some Souldoll sculpts can be tricky to find second hand, so I'm glad that I didn't have to miss out on Lime! She's got such a characteristic face, and I love her grumpy expression. :aheartbea