1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SoulDoll Zenith Discussion ~ Part II

Nov 12, 2014

1. Ah, sorry! I didn't go back far enough when I tested it. I tried 2015 and was able to access quite a bit, so I hoped you could find what you wanted. Good luck!
      And love your Shiva in that fiery red wig too. ^_^

2. She's in their Sandy Brown :) I didn't actually match it (even though it's much paler than Supia), but I did her blushing in pinks/yellows/browns and it brought the two resins a lot closer in terms of colour! Thank you so much <3

3. Oh wow, it looks perfect! Congrats on an excellent pairing <3 I don't think I've seen many Zenith hybrids. I think their sculpts are some of the most unique around <3

4. #744 Anneke, May 5, 2020
      Last edited: May 6, 2020
    5. wow... it's almost like the new body went for the clean lines like iplehouse... and the new iple sid bodies look similar to the old zenith.... now i REALLY want to get me new iple.. cuz the new zenith definitely shows a lot of the annoying posing issues iple has lol . I absolutely love the way the old elbow could tuck into the waist and lean on the hip and hold up but not 'forward'... if my friend had the old both zenith bodies we could do a 4 way comparison lol

6. It looks like the chest joint is the real point of failure for the new Zenith bodies. I've actually always liked the Zenith bodies, and was curious why Souldoll renewed it. I'm lucky enough to have three older Zenith girls all in different skintones remaining in my collection :) I really like the fluid amount of movement possible in their nugget knee/elbow joints and the hands are always elegantly poised. I think some of the new crimped knuckles on the new Zeniths aren't quite as elegant looking to my eye, but I can see why some would find a draw there.

7. i only have a z. boy (& Chiron Centaur) no girls my main company is Iple. but the Souldolls seem so small generally compared to iple and i like the less delicate? I've made Marauder fit my gang nicely but as much as like the mobility of the limbs of SD I have to say i still gravitate to IP. They have a body with new jointing more like SD, and if my friend ever gets enough time off to visit me and bring her Soul girls to visit lol... do some heavy comparing then.

8. I have a SID girl and of course my Zenith Agnetha! I could show them side by side if you’re curious? Zeniths are definitely more willowy though! IP proportions are much more natural, the dolls seem like they have real muscles under that rich beautiful resin :)
      I like the Zenith aesthetic as one of fantasy and being very doll like, but for more natural look IP definitely wins. I guess it’s really what sort of character you’re trying to shell and the aesthetic that appeals most.

9. oh I would love to see a nude comparison! clothing really hides too much, I have a thing about how the waist hip, pelvis and leg join show. I have a think in general about the articulation of any dolls... right from antiques forward lol. I have a feeling the new SID body is more like the zenith, maybe like a combo... now I'm really to dying to get my hands on my girl. she was ordered Dec.27th... and just as she was done covid shut everything down. I even have the 'waybil'.. which means they had the parcel ready with the tracking # but then the post was not accepting EMS :horror::doh:...(:pout: And the order is actually TWO dolls... I'm dying here! lol At least Iple is holding my dolls 'at their office'. ... so show me some pics in the mean time! lol

10. Oh I missed this! I actually just sent my Souldoll Zenith Agnetha for a new faceup, so when she gets here I'll put her back together and do the side-by-side with my SID Stella (if I still have Stella by then.) I had a lot of fun the last time I took her out, so I'm looking forward to some more excuses to photograph her, especially with the new faceup ;)

11. I took my Karin out to get some pictures of some new urethane eyes I just received (purchased from Dolled Up Workshop by DolledUpWorkshop )

I absolutely LOVE them. 12mm urethane eyes are sometimes a little bit small in Zenith girls heads, but these are perfect. So much brighter and more natural than her older glass eyes :)

[​IMG]

12. Those eyes look great on her! The size is just perfect.

13. Thank you! They are really gorgeous. I'm so glad to have found such beautiful urethanes at an affordable price from a US based artist :) They came in like 2 days after I ordered lol.

Another quick picture that isn't so eye-specific. I particularly love the old Souldoll Zenith hands. They are elegant and graceful <3 And look so natural to me!

[​IMG]

14. Hello,
      Could anyone tell me when was the last time sandy brown was available? Does souldoll do summer events that I should look out for?

15. Looks like they do it twice a year, they did it in February this year so probably in the fall, October-ish.

16. Thank you :)

17. Maybe an odd request, but could someone who owns a female Zenith girl give me the circumference of the wrist and/or the diameter of the wrist joint itself? I'm trying to figure out if they could fit my supergem girl :,)

18. The ball of the wrist of my zenith girl is 2"/5cm around and about 0.67"/1.7cm across.

19. Thanks a lot! Thats close enough, I'll order a pair.

20. Are you planning on putting them on a new Super Gem or a classic version? I’m curious about how it works out!