1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SoulDoll Zenith Discussion ~ Part II

Nov 12, 2014

1. @Anneke the newer one from 2012. I've got myself some Iplehouse nYID hands, but their wrist joint is 1,4cm in diameter while the SG one is 1,7cm. Since what feels like no other company is selling hands alone anymore, Souldoll was my last resort. I'll order a pair and post here if they fit or not :)

2. Hello everybody,
      are there any Zenith boy owners here too? It would be so nice if I could get any input on the new Zenith boy body, which was delivered from December 2018 onwards. Does anyone have/ know one of these?

What I am especially interested in is the quality of that body type. I was told by an owner that these need to be strung extremely tightly to stand and that this tension caused one of the ankles to break. Apparently the owner had the ankle replaced, and it broke again in the same place, since the resin in that area is supposedly too thin.
      Can anyone confirm this, is this an integral flaw of the new Zenith boy body? Or was that owner just extremely unlucky?

I am very interested in the body's aesthetic, but now I am unsure about my plans to own one. Thank you very much in any case! <3

3. Can't help with the asked question, just a short update - The hands I ordered in June already arrived (that was super quick!) And while they're beautiful, the joint is (again) only 1,4cm in Diameter. Souldolls normal skin is also way pinker than soom and Iplehouse, so sadly they don't work at all x.x

4. I don't ever have my dolls stand without a support system, but my Zenith Kagel is strung EXTREMELY tight. He came that way from souldoll and I've had him since April. So far I cannot see any form of damage around the ankle at all. I will say, I haven't been handling him too much, he spent the first couple of months 'airing out' that lovely new resin smell, but he's been just as tightly strung the entire time.

5. I know Resinsoul jointed hands fit souldoll girls, you might check and see if they have a slightly larger male size. They can match colors, too--you just have to email them and ask; their normal is a pinky normal and a good fit for souldoll.

6. @errinreynolds Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate the input! That doesn't sound too bad^^

7. I am considering using my Federer elf to make Kusuriuri. What do you think?
      [​IMG]Kusuriuri by SteamWitch, on Flickr
      I think his lips, eyes and ears are fine. Should I sand his nose to make it a little more upturned or is he okay as is?

8. Update on my Kusuriuri. I am washing the purple fabric for his kerchief. It may take me a while to work on his specific clothing but he is getting there.
      [​IMG]WIP Kusuriuri by SteamWitch, on Flickr

9. The Federer sculpt really fits the character and I can't wait to see the further updates! His clothing will be definitely a lot of work if you want to make it true to the show - how do you think you are going to make the patterns? Screenprinting? Painting on fabric?

10. So I have the LE Sandy Brown Nami. I’ve been looking for pics all over the web with very little to no luck. Anybody have the Nami or Somi sculpt?

11. Oh my I didn't see this at all. I bought a bunch of fabrics that matched the screen capture of him in his outfit. I want to do applique instead of painting. I haven't found a good pattern for his coat though cosplayers have done a good job of that. I guess I just don't know how to search well enough. So that is sort of on hold, especially for the holiday.

12. I was looking at SoulDolls again today and are they inspired by Kpop idols?
      As one fo my friends pointed out, one looks like BamBam from Got7.

I also know SoulDoll has done inspired dolls before such as Seokjin from BTS and Lee JunKi.

13. I think they are going with what is selling right now and I don't blame them, their Kpop inspired boys look amazing.

14. They sure are amazing. I am dying to buy a couple, but I already have a body and a doll on layaway.

15. I have a grey nami. Seems like not many people have her lol

16. Oh you should share her! I'd love to see :) I have an Agnetha and I haven't seen too many of her around either! :o

17. The new Bin and Jio boys are total dream boats! <3_<3 I am quite tempted to do a layaway for one of them... damn 2021 hasn't even started yet and I want a doll. :doh

18. Omg I know! those new boys are so gorgeous!! I can't decide which one I like the most!!

19. Same! I'm more fond of Jio I think. I love the outfits too but I forgot how expensive Souldoll outfits are! :frownyblush:

*Edit: I lost control... I have Jio on layaway. :sweat

#780 Dybbuk, Jan 2, 2021
      Last edited: Jan 2, 2021