1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SoulDoll Zenith Discussion ~ Part II

Nov 12, 2014

1. Yeah, I think they have some similar features, but they're not nearly the same. Also it looks like the new Zenith line is bigger (those are some broad shoulders there), so the body is more of a "tank" while Venitu is a lanky guy.

I'm pretty sure mine are the 62cm versions but I don't know if there's any difference between the two. They also might look a little small on the girls because the original Zenith feet are much more proportional to the body. To me it doesn't matter because I only change them out when I have her wear Luts (or other) boots. The Zeniths are so heavy, though, that some of Luts' flimsier heels can't really hold the dolls' weight well, so I'd look for the styles with a thicker heel.

2. [MENTION=65596]Espiransa[/MENTION] I love that photo--it looks so summery. Is your girl a Shiva?

3. [MENTION=16841]fishcake[/MENTION] Thank you)) This photo was taken in the spring. Yes, this is my Shiva.

4. The Zenith line is so beautiful! They always look so smooth and also well posable. Is that the case?

Was it Shiva that had the option of extra arms?

5. Depends on the body. I can't speak for the males, but with the female bodies the old double version is smooth and it poses a lot (but it's flimsy and hard to work with). The new body isn't smooth at all (lot's of 'sharp' corners) but it's more stable. I did a comparison review here.

And yes, Shiva had the extra torso with 4 arms as an option.

6. Just because I took a picture of Bryndis, my Uha this morning.
      [​IMG]

7. Hello everyone! Anyone home? I got my Frost's (Bertrand) wig yesterday. I tried it on him earlier this evening and it is acceptable. I wanted it a bit fuller than it is, but as I said it is acceptable. I have also been working on a pair of slacks for him (testing a pattern for fit), and it looks like the slacks are going to fit fairly well with very little "tailoring" It is about 9:30 pm here and it is way too dark to get any pics. If I get the slacks finished tonight then I will get a few quick pics to show tomorrow! Hope you have all had good days and/or nights!

8. okay, first yay to plans coming together (wig) and man I wish I could sew ><... Second ... take some crappy pics anyhow! lol If I waited to only take mine in natural light (guessing that's what you are waiting for) I'd have almost no pics of my dolls O_o ... hell I often take pics after everyone else goes to bed XD! Just remember you can do both but crappy is still preferable to 'none' ;p...

As for me, I need to find someone to commission for M's next outfit... his girl has her dress (more than one really) and now he needs something to 'go with' her. I may have to suck it up and do an AU type pic set though... but I also need a new SD card... mine got full yesterday lol

9. Looking at the blank sculpt, I think it's just the heavy brow-bone structure. To me Oscal looks prettier, (Photoshoped) less realistic than Venitu.
      I might be biased, I love SoulDoll male sculpts, despite the lack of hyper-realism in their features and proportions they always call to me (I own four SD sculpts ).
      They might look a lot more similar because of the way they painted the face, but the blank sculpts are definitely very different. Example; one could pass for a video game
      character and the other for a real person.

10. Actually, that was my first thought too, when I saw the first teaser photos of Oscal in the "hippy" looking outfit. For me, it's the mouth area that makes him look similar. The outfit made him look like Demiurge Doll's Lel to me.
      But then the other version photos came out, and I tossed out the idea of looking like Venitu, and instead pounced all over the idea that he looks more like Tsugura Ren from Skip Beat!
      skip beat tsuruga ren - Google Search

And I just put him (ver.1) on that wonderful six payment lay away!
      I used to have a Bertrand, and HE was my Ren, but just didn't work out. THIS Ren looks a bit more like Ren. How could I resist? lol

And I second that thought: any photos are better than none! ^__^

11. OK Here we go! Two pics...Both are "safe" One is upper body and the other is full length. He still needs some work to turn into Frost! but the wig was the hardest part for me so far. Next is to find the right eyes for him and of course he needs clothing acceptable for the Unseelie Court! You'll have to "overlook" my picture taking skills. That is another area in which I need work. These were quick shots (Took me longer to upload them than it did to snap and crop), just didn't want to get out the tripod...and can't figure out why the focus is so bad...shrug! Oh well. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. That's a great wig for Frost!imho

Really nice job with the slacks too!

13. Bryndis is really a stunning girl. I've always loved the dolls that Souldoll has made, and Patrice S your photo is wonderful.

I like Frost's new wig, Dee. I'm with you, I like my dolls to be dressed or at least partly dressed. I think the slacks that you made are wonderful and the fit is great, too. Don't you love the company/ default faceup? The artists in Souldoll are amazing.

14. Hi Oriscany...He is my first Souldoll. I do like him. He is sturdy and stands very well. I am going to have to tighten his arms though, they won't hold a pose. I am not sure about whether I am going to keep his default face-up or not. It will depend on what eyes I find for him. I am liking the new wig as well!

15. Thanks Aernath...Now to try them out in different fabrics. Still have to find him some shoes as well. So far nothing that I have bought fits him. I am going to try the "Uncle" size from Miro doll next. Even if they don't fit Frost, they will fit my big Mirodoll guy.

16. I just do it this way ;p... Luts SSDF wide toed shoes work nicely... or 'rounded toes'... the narrow pointy ones not so much, but as long as they don't go up past the big calves, most boots will work... I have yet to try the newest boots I got from IH though, What style you want?
      Ya, these guys can look funny nekkid lol. I only have the one doll (regular that is) form here but I also have the Chiron centaur that came with human legs and I got the human head later too XD. I'd love to get my Marauder a twin (he's an LE face up Kagel). So that's not so likely -_- But my first shoot of him was a sort of 'strip tease' as I was changing him... he was being just too cooperative to resist. And where your guy won't hold his arms up... mine wants to keep bending his and I'm too chicken to loosen them in case I do it too loose ><.

As for your guys face... I'd definitely wait till you get the clothing worked out to see how it suits him 'with' cloths. and his hair is pretty sleek.:thumbup
      I finally got my M into a different outfit (sort of, I just added a new vest/coat). He's borrowing them from my IH SID boy for now... As long as you hide the over-sized vest in the coat it' looks okay... When my eyes stop hurting long enough I'll takes some pics ... his girl has been waiting for this photo op since she got her new dress ^^.
      I also need a bit of advice too.. how long does the elastic loop that does from one leg to the head and down again (the main one) need to be... I've been thinking about making my 'centaur' human so he can come out of his box... and his centaur elastic won't be used but I don't know how long it needs to be for a human body. His arms will stay as is since you just put that part on the human body.

17. Just measure the length from his ankle to the top of his neck, then multiply by four, then add a few inches for knotting.
      Start long, you can always cut it shorter, but not add on! ;)

18. Quick shot of my zeniths: (Lenore WS with custom faceup from Souldoll and Duke of the Spirit Forest NS)
      [​IMG]

#78 s1257, Nov 3, 2015
      Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    19. Ooo! Nice! Love those outfits!