1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SoulDoll Zenith Discussion ~ Part II

Nov 12, 2014

1. Oh no she's gorgeous!! I love the look. And that new skin is really pretty. I wasn't going to buy another souldoll back to back (I just bought Angel in December) but now I'm tempted. At least I have until June 30th to make a decision...

2. Haha I think we got similar taste. I just received my angel :love. And now I got until June to convince myself I don't need Aspa ;).

3. I just want the outfit more than anything--- it'll look amazing on my Shiva body :love

4. I want that outfit for one of my girls so much! But they aren't selling it separately. :atremblin

I...think I will be annoying and beg anyway :lol: Surely I can't be the only one to do it!

5. If you ask them, let us know what they say! I've been tempted to ask, as well.

6. That makes three of us ;).

7. I'm totally going to ask. Maybe if enough of us ask they might consider it?

:XD:

Edit: okay! Question posed! Now, we wait.

#827 LiselT, May 26, 2021
      Last edited: May 26, 2021
    8. @LiselT : What did they say about the outfit?

Also for those who already own a Souldoll Zenith girl. How well do they pose? I only have a Soulkid girl and it's my favourite body so far.

9. Everything is good except sitting. I still haven't figured out what to pull or twist to get a sitting pose that isn't arched back..but any kind of standing or kneeling poses are fabulous.
      Soulkids are marvelous :D

10. @laquaza It was a polite but big fat nope. :pout:

11. I have the latest version Zenith girl body and posing was a nightmare, to be honest, everything but sitting in a chair was nearly impossible, especially standing on her high heel feet/ shoes. It gave me so much grief. I sueded her traditional style and now she is great to handle. I also took down her chest width 1cm, don't know if that made balancing easier or more difficult^^

I only have an older Soulkid girl body, and that poses as bad as the Zenith did, so I don't know how it compares to the newer kids.

12. Let me go on a little rant... and I'm stating that as someone who adores Souldoll big ladies...

The bigger bodies are always more difficult to handle than smaller ones, but in Souldoll the difference is even more drastic.

The new zenith body stands and kneels very well because of how the knees are made, and if this is what you are looking for in a doll, then she will do perfectly because you can then just pose the arms around and let their beautiful hands do their magic.

However, the hip area is not made for sitting - she will lean back if there is no back on a chair or something. The chest joint doesn't help - forget about moving it forward or backward - it will only reliably move to the sides, and the breasts constantly look like they want to reach the sky above because of the back arch.

I have my old double zenith Madalyn sueded in every joint with glue gun and it is a pleasure now to pose - I might need to do the same with the new zenith body and see what happens in the hips area at least... or at least wire it there. I honestly suspect Souldoll wired Serena human version for their promo photoshoot because that's the only way they could pose her on those rocks...

Having said so, I still love the zenith dolls. I'm mainly putting my dolls on stands for display, so as long as they can be posed this way, I'm happy. But I would be disappointed if I expected the same possibility as the kids bodies.

13. Thank you so much @fishcake , @Mandagore and @SolInvictus for your very valuable feedback.

I was actually looking for reasons not to buy her as I put myself on a doll ban for June. So far I only had the melon boobs on my contra list which can be hidden by clothing. But I think the posing issues can allow me to finally say no. Haha it's ridiculous how weak I am to darker skin tones (especially if they are limited) :sweat.

It's just that I bought quite a lot of dolls this year and while it's no problem financially I do not wish to develop any unhealthy spending habits.

14. :lol:Oh dear... no clothes can hide those melon boobs in 3D/ in real life. They actually bend space and time in the most unnatural way. (Its the shape ofc, not the size.)

15. There's a really great comparison of the two Zenith bodies here at Dimension Dolls. I'm so glad I got the old version :eek:

16. I wonder why Souldoll doesn't give us chest size options for the zenith girl. The rest of the body is really beautiful though, especially the hands.

17. Since the company is still downsizing their product palette for the moment, I somehow doubt they would introduce a new option now :( I modded my girl's chest, but I'd still go for a smaller bust in a heartbeat...

18. Souldoll is offering their Zenith boys in dark tan together with the release of Quincy :love. They didn't say until when but I sure hope it's until end of August too. So to get Levine or not...

Anyway how does the Zenith boy pose? Can he stand and sit?

19. @laquaza : I got my Souldoll Jio a few months ago. This is my first time handling the *new* male Zenith body and I think overall it's a nice body. Take note, I don't really play/pose my dolls often. I use a stand and display them so I'm not the best judge of body pose ability but I can say:

- He is a sturdy stander. No kicky leg syndrome because the knee joint locks pretty well.
      - He can sit. They modified the thigh joint to have slits so they could sit without fuss.
      - The only wonky thing is his hips. I notice things can get a little dislocated/shuffled around but it's not horrible to deal with.

Overall I like the look of this body a lot more than the old Zenith. I feel it's much more proportional and the chest/shoulders more my aesthetic. Hope this helps!

I didn't cave on a Sandy Brown boy, but hope they'll do another event like that again. Hope someone got Quincy. He looked very handsome.

My Jio:
      [​IMG]

20. Thanks for the review. That is great to know. I do want my dolls to be able to stand and sit for pictures :).

And your Jio looks great. I love the fan and outfit too. Can't wait to see him with a faceup.