1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SoulDoll Zenith Discussion ~ Part II

Nov 12, 2014

1. *cough* *points to posts 59, 61, 69 and 70* ;) We've been quietly oggling him.

I agree! I think I love how they engineered the elbows! Not jazzed about the knees, but the rest of him makes up for that. :wiggle

2. Oscal and the body look really nice, but 75cm is a little too big for me. I like the regular zenith size.

3. so I gotta ask... is vesion one showing 'sandy brown'?... it seems pale and if so.... doe it hold up well or do you need to worry much about scratches

4. I looked at those elbows right away as well. I was so impressed with them actually (except for the sharp edges), that I modded my new female body elbows to move the same way. The engineering on the new body elbows is absolute crap -excuse me, but I was so done with them, and I really wonder why they didn't do the same joint on them in the first place. Or maybe they realized rotation was needed only after the body was done.

Here's my Iria sporting her new wig and testing her sword hand, now she just needs a sword of her own that she can hold with it:
      [​IMG]

5. Yeah, the Sandy Brown is a light tan. I had one of their mini girls in that for a while, and it's a nice color. It seemed to be fine with handling. I didn't scratch her or anything while I had her, but it did seem the resin is that color all the way through. Dunno about sanding either.
      Yay!
      Glad to hear the split elbow design works! It sure does look like the perfect answer. And I must say, I really like your girl's attitude, look, hair, and outfit!

6. Tiku, Yeah, he's gorgeous.. I ordered him in sandy brown skin >3<

7. lol I hope I can order him but if I do it will be end of the period... Yur took a huge chunk from me:chomp:... I'll have to do the 6 month thing if I do:sigh... And I've never done LA or bought directly from this company >< Did you do LA? And how do you get the shoes???? the option wasn't there on the sale page (different sized doll wold need new shoes at least )

8. omg I was going to take the plunge... but. :roar my connection (internet) is too weak to trust moving money! :crushed *flops ded* is this a sign that even on 6 mo. LA I shouldn't????:atremblin

okay so I'm in both feet up to my neck now! XD :eek::sweat One sandy brown Oscal (version 1 with grey hair) comming up!... well in 6 months that is LOL.

#88 Lady Tiku, Nov 12, 2015
      Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    9. I have had only positive experiences from this company so even 6months layaway is completely safe imo XD That's very kind of them and their QA person is very helpful and friendly too! I didn't need layaway though, I paid him immediately and found more suitable pair of shoes from Taobao.. but you can always pick them from separate sales pages I think? Check the shoes section.

10. Yup, I got them from the shoes pages and added them to the order. I asked them about it, because I wasn't sure when I ordered, and they replied saying I'd gotten it right. You can't really order the shoes on the doll's page. :( You have to add them in as a different line item.
      CONGRATULATIONS!! :dance I got him on the 6 payment deal too. ^_^ Gonna be forever before we see him, but he looks like he will be so worth it! *__*

11. oh, I'm excited to know DOA folk who are getting him. he's too big for me, so I will expect spammage! ooooh, sandy brown.

I'm rather in love with vampire Evelyn. I'm thinking she would look fantastic with Soom's new vamp, Albin. (gods, I'm buying them in pairs now) :eusa_naug
      at least Evelyn is a basic so I can get her at the first of the year when funds are a bit higher, & I can layaway her man. I'll give myself a week to think it over. but, all those pointy ears & toofies. yeah!

12. I tried to message with SD a few years ago an the English person was... iffy with language lol. Thankfully it was general questions about my 2nd hand doll and not an order. Animerockstar walled me through the order the other night ... we messaged in Facebook. I've not heard much bad in the way of the company other than sometimes length of time to get an order done.

I did finally figure out the shoe thing. I bought the one pair just to make sure he had at least one proper fitting set of cloths to wear lol.

I only hope now that the color they show the Version 1 Oscal is what I get cuz I don't think I'd like darker ><. Never thought to check that before I ordered ... oops. I do hope I can pay him off a 'bit' early though lol.

I have the Iple 79 cm's and I'm hoping this won't be too much of a size jump... I'm dying to see if he weighs a ton like the EID's or if he's gonna be a "bigger but lighter" guy... is hoping for the 'lighter' lol. And my resins are ending up paired off too ... an expensive habit that is lol.

13. Congrats everyone for your orders! He's definitely worth waiting (I was too impatient tbh XD My first plan was short layaway like 2 months as well but my sweet girlfriend helped me a bit so I could get him faster :aheartbea)

Tiku, Maybe their English person has changed after that? When I have talked with them, they have always listened and fulfilled my requests very carefully as well as talked to me in more personal way, expressing their feelings which felt very sweet and like there is a real person talking about the company, sculptors and stuff, not only copypasting the same "Thank you for your opinion" stuff.. And also, they check what we're talking about here so they could do things better if they notice issues. I also have found several Souldoll sculptors from Instagram and they seem very sweet, at least they reply to comments/questions there and seem super friendly too. There are also incoming Tera Zenith sculpts photographed as WIPs!! and some process pics of other dolls, like Aehael & a cool cyborg Tera man for example and another pretty faced guy which could be Oscal's brother haha.

The shoe thing was indeed strange, but I think it's easier to pick the favorite color from different sales page as they photographed only one pair in his sales photos. I tried to find shoes from Iplehouse and other companies but none of them really inspired me and price tags are too much.. I can check the Taobao shop again from a dealer if someone is interested to get cheaper but still cool shoes :)

And there're also owner photos of sandy brown if you browse Flickr or Google, or people's doll blogs. I think it kind of looks like Soom tawny -ish, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I do admire sandy brown though, it looks nice suntan.

14. you are just one lucky bum with PIF lol but I'll have my Yur to tide me over? lol... And for me it was more like when someone NOT fluent in English took over the iple boars for a while... maybe I just got a 'temp' that time ... super nice but not quite fluent lol... and... links to picies? O_o ... can I view if I don't have Instagram? And for gods sake don't throw more Terra's at me yet lol... I got the free outfit set cuz as a newb to the size I didn't want a nekkid boy needing cloths for months while i looked lol... That being said I walked into my room where my dust covered fancy couch is kept and I instantly had visions of a nude Oscal draped over it lol... Guess I know what his first photo op will be lol. And I can live with something like Soom's tawny... I'm just used to the NS and since the darkness can change so much from doll to doll or batch to batch I just can't 'clearly' picture it. Iple RS just seems right to me for 'mens' skin tones for the most part.
      My 'first' outfit that I specifically get for Oz (ya I think he's getting a name or nickname at least already) Will be a dressy set. Slacks, dress shoes, white shirt (ruffled maybe like a tux)... I don't see this guy 'trussed up' in a penguin suit. It would always be shirt open tie undone... you know the look lol. But that is a long way off with how I've been spending lately so ya the free set was a necessity lol

15. Sorry it took time to get back here, I was at work and I hate typing on my phone! :sweat
      But yeah.. We have done this kind of money stuff before, I have helped her and now she helps me because she earns more than me atm (and she was the one who created this character 3 years ago completely so she was happy to help I think...or I hope hehe XD).

And not sure can you use/browse Insta without account because I use my phone Insta, not web version at all but check miya_doll and mokona517 (you can also see prototypes / making of pics of Iplehouse and Soom dolls there!!). You can google their account names, I found pics that way too, but you can't comment them I think :)

Iplehouse realskin looks kind of more ashen tan with slight olive tone, not green but you know, not reddish either. Sandy brown looks more red in pics but still not as red as Soom bronze, it's kind of lighter and creamy *can't unsee that Soom tawny before I get him here for resin comparison* aaargh.. But I know I'll love it if he arrives without huge scratches or spots which have happened to me & gf with Soom and Iple >_< I trust Souldoll though.

I have ordered some items for my boy in IOS 80line size because at least their legs are same the same height. I chose some nice casual stuff from Taobao sellers because I'm splitting the gift set away for my Insta friend who liked it a lot and the another outfit wasn't suitable to the character either. I think some basic 70cm hunk sized shirts and jackets don't look bad as I have bought some for my Spiritdoll 75cm guy but pants are always too short without boots. Naked sofa deco boy doesn't sound bad though XD I'll NOT keep him clothed forever (oh c'mon, dat body :thumbup), he's getting nice nature & text tattoos so obviously I don't hide them forever haha.. And he's sporty, I definitely need some nice sleeveless basketball shirts, swimwear etc which must look cool with his suntan skintone. I also want some formal wear too but he's just a normal 19-20 year old student guy, no need to get a kind of James Bond wardrobe, thank god..!! XD The wig is dark blonde and eyes are sky blue :aheartbea What kind of colors you've chosen? And a penguin suit lol.. That makes me think Sebastian Michaelis from Black Butler and I have sold my own penguin jacket because ppl thought I'm ultimate hardcore Sebby fan with it LOL. But yeah, more "casual", relaxed formal dude look sounds nice, my boy would keep his shirt open as well, I knooow! ;) We have also bought several fabrics from our local fabric store, it's fun because he's so casual I can finally buy all those cute "normal" fabrics meant for regular men's basic shirts and jeans!

16. Thanks. C: I wouldn't say it's the perfect answer, though. It's a lot flimsier than a joint that is made so that it can rotate a little bit in the first place. This kind of a joint will rotate all around -unless souldoll has made some sort of a locking mechanism to accompany it. But that wasn't possible for my girl mod because the nuggets aren't very big. I was afraid they'd crack if I hollow them out too much. Still, I much prefer this system over the originals that would not rotate even slightly into any direction. This is how the joint looks after the mods:
      [​IMG]

I have yet to see how they work with her arm armours, but it should make handling her easier. Just not sure if she'll be able to properly hold her shield. Then again, Souldoll glued the shield attachment all crooked so it never sat right anyway. =__=;;

17. Wow, great job on the mod! Looks crisp and clean. Maybe some sueding or pilver in between the pieces will help?
      Really nice job, looks like it came from the factory that way!

18. Thanks, but I can't really put anything inbetween or the pieces won't be against eachother anymore. Even a little bit of pliver would bring them apart somewhat and expose the copper pipe I have inside keeping them aligned. And a little bit probably wouldn't help either. But I don't mind a little bit of flimsy. Compared to the old body nuggets, they're not as all over the place. xD Instead of pliver, I might actually use a bit of rough sandpaper on the surface to make it more rough, that might give it a little bit of grip...
      Anyway, the mod doesn't affect the sturdiness of the joint, but when the hands are up, the arms might swivel to the sides by themselves. Making them rotate was the whole point of the mod, though, so I can live with it.

19. Cool! Good thing for me to keep in mind then, about the arm rotating when holding something. Maybe a bit of sticky tak behind the joint if I'm taking photos...

20. So a bit off the track of current stuff... I wondered if the Terra Zenith line should have it's own thread? My main reasoning is: despite the shared name of 'zenith' the new Terra boys are a massive size and design difference. We are talking about about 10 cm in height differce here... I personally know of at least 3 'buyers' of this new guy (me, aernath & Adalwolf) and if he's worth it... I am sure we will be able to 'enable' others to be owners ;p...

So you think a 'Terra Zenith" thread is appropriate?