1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

souldoll zenith girl Agnetha Discussion

Sep 18, 2010

1. Thank you Jay!
      Yupp I defi post pix on the bodies I have here!

Thank you Anneke too :)

2. Whoa, I was soo excited for a while there (have been keeping a close eye to this thread ;)) 'cause when I saw that her head was on sale by itself, I figured that "hey, I could afford it now!" So I thought that I would order it now and then collect money for the body since I have a Luts SD body which could be a replacer for the time being. But oh noes, they don't sell the Zenith body separately so there goes my great idea :(
      Also, a closer examination revealed that although the Luts body and Souldoll head would match color-wise, the Zenith neck is 9,5 cm and Luts 8,5 cm, so the head just fall off the body.
      I don't want to order the head if I don't have a body to attach it to when it arrives, so it's a lot more waiting for me :(

3. I've noticed their outfits are always around $10 - $20 higher than Souldoll's.

4. I feel ya! Floating heads scare me! I worry I might just start collecting like mad if I start with "just one" LOL!

I think IMPL doll's body might be a nice cost-effective alternative if that's what you're looking for? Otherwise there are a few people who are interested in splits for the body every once in a while.

5. Actually I'm still desperately looking for some way to attach the head to the Luts body - I happen to love the body so much that if the matching would succeed, I would order a Luts Senior Delf body for Agnetha's head, too. I've never really been a fan of Souldoll bodies. So far no luck - the only resin neckpiece I've found is the wrong size.... it's a pity 'cause the color matches so well. But I'm determined to find some solution so I could just go ahead and order the head :) Thanks for the IMPL doll tip, I will check it now!

6. Oh I see what you mean now! Best of luck on your search. I hear Soom has nice matching white skin resin too! I know Super Gems are supposed to share sizes with Zenith's but I don't know if that includes the neck. Let us know when you find something, I'm sure there are going to be a few floating Agnetha heads around here soon :)

7. Okay, just wanted to tell everyone that I was very wrong about the color match between Luts and Souldoll... In artificial light the resin indeed looked very similar color, but this morning when the sun got up the horrible truth was revealed... it doesn't match at all in natural light. The Souldoll normal skin is pinkish/brownish, and the Luts one is more pale and a bit greenish. It's ironic that it was so, because I'm fairly certain that the size problem between the neck and the head isn't so much of an issue. When I measured the Luts neck again, I put it loose enough so the measure around the neck was 9,5 cm, and it's very little difference in the end. So I think the head would fit, in theory.
      I also checked the Super Gem female measurements, and the neck was 10 cm, so it would be a tight fit.

Because I still haven't given up on the Luts body (;)) I'm thinking going white skin. It's a tough decision - since the character's wig would be also white, I'm scared that she would end up looking way too white, but then again I think it would bring a bit more twist to the character. She's supposed to look fragile but strong at the same time, and I think that the whiteness would bring a sort of eerie atmosphere around her.

Of course I have no way of knowing if Souldoll and Luts white skin matches, I have to ask around a bit...
      And so the journey continues.

8. I just bought Agnetha's head in NS to replace my Chiron's head. I've never really liked my Chiron's face-it came with default makeup and I then had it redone by another doll master, but I think I just don't like the sculpt. I've got my fingers crossed that Agnetha will work on Chiron's body. Souldoll is selling some very cool, rather effeminate boots that fit Zenith boys feet which I ordered to transform my male to a female. I plan on Agnetha being a very flat chested, very tall woman--Patti Smith-esque perhaps.

9. Nuemeth: hmm is Souldoll much darker then Luts?
      Well Luts Delf is creamy white and should match Souldoll white thats creamy too. Dont know about the Senior Delf white though...

Congratz Spring! Did you get face up?
      Patti Smith is cool <3, looking forward to see your hybrid :).

10. Sorry about the noobish question ahead:
      (OT) How does the Souldoll layaway work?
      Does it cost more if she has 'double jointed body' as opposed to the 'general body' option?

Don't shoot me! D:}

11. Azraelita, I'd say that the tone difference between Luts and Souldoll is enough that inserting a Souldoll normal skin head to Luts normal skin body would definitely not look good, even though when putting my two girls next to each other doesn't look that different. If you look at them closely, the difference is there. I asked around this one place about the white ones, but it takes time for someone who knows about it to answer it. The Senior Delf skin is "real skin white", so it's not creamy... darn I wish I'd have a way of knowing so I could make an order about the head already :lol:

And Paprika, even though I can't answer to your question, just wanted to say that remember that there's no stupid questions, only stupid answers ;)

12. Nuemeth: well many of my dolls have their heads darker or lighter then bodies *_*:sweat, for me its not bad as long as the color tone is the same ( I only couldnt stand as I had an pink tinted DIM head on an yellow tinted AOD body).
      So I think I will be able to live with it. Yeah Im a bit unpatient asking you all this till Ill find out myself in a month or what anyway. :doh:lol:

Are there any real skin white comparisons? Probably not so many till Luts ony start to offer that option right?

Paprika: here is their layaway info:
      http://souldoll.com/board/view.php?board_name=DREAMBOARD16&choose2=&choose1=&ID=10

And no, the bodies cost the same, otherwise it would be like on the Iple site when you're choosing the option on the thigh joint you see the price "+20".

Feel free to ask more questions ;)

13. Aiyee! The floating head iz on it's way! Just made the order for a white skin one :) My master plan is to try it on Luts real skin normal body, since all the pictures I dug up of Souldoll white skin were just pale instead of *white* so I think I can get away with a lot of blushing... also if the head would be darker than the body, it would get complicated because the whole body would have to be blushed... Aand if the Luts thingy doesn't work out, I will just find another body ;)

I'm so excited, my third girl (ok, girl head...) is on her way!

14. Yay Nuemeth :dance! Congratz!
      Now we can wait together :)!

Did you get face up?

15. Azraelita, no, I just got a blank head - even though I'm still no good with faceups, I have access to all the required tools and am practicing furiously :) I'm a bit scared though, 'cause her eyes are so small and my hands are so shakey... my Luts girl is easy to paint 'cause her eyes are so big.

16. When Agnetha gets here....sigh...whenever that is....I'll try her head on my Supergem girl body. Also, my Supergems are white, so I can do a comparison of the whites.

So far my order just says "payment received." Sigh...waiting is hard....

I never liked the Soudoll double body either because of the extremely sharp collar bones and shelf-like bust. But that seems to have softened up a lot in the Zenith body. Or at least that's what it looks like in pictures. I've never seen the Zenith body in person. Will be interesting to see when Agnetha gets here about her body sculpting. I hope she's not strung too tight! Soudoll is bad about that. Are they trying to save $$ on the amount of string they use? Because their dolls are always crazy tight.

Jay

17. That's a good question Jay! But they couldn't be trying to save money--they include an extra string with their dolls =/

I'll look forward to seeing the resin comparison and the body-switching with a Super Gem!

I think the Zenith body is really similar to the Super Gem but a lot more realistic in its subtle details, and from what I've seen it poses WAY better. I'm looking forward to getting a Zenith body so I can do a direct comparison.

18. Hello everyone.

can someone that has her confirm that the head is 20 cm? sounds a bit small for this size doll no? is it a small head?
      maybe if someone can measure the hight of the head in the front that could be very helpful...many thanks >_o

19. I just happened to go on Souldoll's website today. OMG, Agnetha is so pretty. I don't have a character for her, but I've started saving for her.

20. Malvina: Souldoll Zenith girls have small heads, they take a wig sized 7-8. But it does not look weird on them... To me, it looks very natural and nice! I noticed a lot of model sized girls have small heads - Impldoll, Dollmore, Iple EID.....