1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Zenith Girls Discussion

Nov 3, 2010

1. I got a similar answer Dayme but they have finished Stella and are just making the gift clothes so it's too late. Good that I know she is nearly ready but a shame as they must have had this peice in development when we ordered and if I'd have known I would have waited. I guess I'm getting what I ordered though so feel I can't complain really

2. @Dolleve, well I don't know about you but I'd complain anyway. They haven't pictured the old version of the joint anywhere on the site (=they don't move it in the photos) so customers don't know what they're getting. Personally, I was shocked to see how the joint really was when I got it and beyond disappointed in the engineering that used to be top-notch from them. I complained to them several times about it because I didn't think the body was worth what I paid for it. They should've let their customers know that they were fixing the joint. When I complained about it last time some months ago it didn't seem like they'd get to that joint for a long while because they were working on the Tera Zeniths, and now they suddenly released the new version without a warning.

3. Thanks Yenna, I have thought about it and yes agree with what your saying, so I have responded to their message highlighting that it didn't say anywhere on their website that they were changing the part because I would have waited to order Stella and would not have ordered her at that time. It is also disappointing to me that people who ordered at the exact same time but paid by layaway will get the new part but I feel I am ending up losing out for having paid in full when they must have surely known all along that this part was in development.

She is my first BJD and this was a lot of money for me to spend, and for a special occasion, and I really think that it is only fair for the new part to be included in the circumstances as it has been changed without warning and in a way I feel like having an old part devalues a doll (not in terms of her ever being sold but in the terms of her craftsmanship) which has not even left them yet.

I'm such a stressy person about things being 'just so' and right, this hobby is gonna be difficult for me!...

#543 Dolleve, Feb 11, 2016
      Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    4. @Dolleve Sorry to hear that they can't offer the upgraded part to your order... But I don't think that not having the upgraded chest joint "devalues" a doll in any way :/ There are many people who have purchased this Zenith body over the years and it's not like their dolls are any less well-made than the ones with upgraded chest joint ^^; The old jointing is not something to be considered as a fault in any way (even if it looks ugly in some people's eyes), it's simply the way Souldoll originally wanted to sculpt it. You could make any joint look stupid and unnatural if you twist it into weird poses, even if it was sculpted well.

You don't have the doll in hand yet and especially since it's going to be your first doll, you can't know for sure how you feel about the joint, whichever version it is :) You might not even like the upgraded version and that's how this hobby works - people like and dislike different things. Only by seeing and handling a specific doll in person, you'll know if it's the right one for you. Then once you learn which things you like and which you don't, it's easier for you to recognize from the company photos what suits your taste!

My girl Lanarwen is happy with her body and thinks that she can pose just fine, even do some dance moves XD If I wouldn't have been so lazy, I would've taken that leather vest thing off for the second pose since it doesn't fold so nicely...
      [​IMG]
      (A bit bigger photo here)

5. @safir Thank you for your reply :) Yes, 'devalues' probably wasn't the right word to use and I think I struggled a bit to get across what I meant. I most certainly don't mean anything bad about the design of anyone elses dolls they have bought in the current design only the specific situation I am in right on the cusp getting a doll that's still with them but isn't the 'newest' version. After all the current version, from the website pics, is the doll I fell in love with. Reading what others had said about their disappointment with the current chest part in various threads has left me concerned though. I guess I am still in two minds about how I feel, wanting the 'newest' version possible given that she is still with them, and being happy with what I thought I was getting anyway! I guess because it is such a lot of money, and my first, it has me in a tizz!

Your girl is beautiful and an amazing poser! Which sculpt is she? I am sure I am worrying for nothing but I am such a worry wart. I really really appreciate your comment and taking the time to show me the picture, you have made me feel a lot better and I'm sure when she arrives either way I will love her to pieces as she has been so longed and wished for.

6. I agree with what everyone has to say on the thread, but I feel I simply cannot accept the situation. The doll is still in production, I haven' even finished my layaway plan, and they are already planning on sending her to me with the old chest piece. That means when I ordered my doll, they were secretly working on bettering the chest piece and knew I would miss out. Some people on the Waiting Room thread have already commented saying they will be getting the new chest piece. Is that even okay for a company the size of Souldoll? I called them out for it on the Q&A and they didn't take me seriously. Now, I am about to drag them really hard, I hope they're ready.

7. [QUOTE="That means when I ordered my doll, they were secretly working on bettering the chest piece and knew I would miss out. .[/QUOTE]

This is the bit that upsets me too @Dayme.

8. Ok so the fight for the new chest piece continues; and I think we are all on the right path! If I am not mistaken, @Dolleve, you also messaged them about getting a replacement part for the chest piece? I saw your username on the Q&A today, and I was hoping that you were complaining about the chest piece as well so Souldoll sees that I'm not the only unhappy customer! ^^"

So I wrote a rant this morning that was really harsh, but didn't post it right way on the Q&A because I didn't want Souldoll to think I was that one angry customer, but rather that one sad customer. So this evening I rearranged my word choice and I think it was very effective.
      To which Souldoll replied with the classic 2 line answer;
      Hello?
      We understand how you feel about it.
      Regarding this issue, we will notice again next week after discuss internally.
      Thank you.

I'm thinking positive? Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like my point hit home this time. The only problem; I feel bad now... T_T

#548 Dayme, Feb 12, 2016
      Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    9. Hi @Dayme yes I messaged them, but given what you have said above I am now even more disappointed in the company because I just got a reply saying 'sorry about it....we will try to give more advance notice of changes in future' whereas they have told you they will discuss and get back to you which sounds promising for you (I'm pleased for you :)) but that is just inconsistent responses and not treating customers equally or fairly. I feel like I'm totally being penalised for paying in full rather than by layaway. If they had said "if you pay by layaway you'll likely get a new improved version, if you pay in full sorry you'll get a part lots of people have actually complained to us about and that we are secretly about to do away with" I would have paid by layaway! Like you, my doll is still with them in their factory but yet now I wont get the most recent version.

On a technical level, how long would it take for them to just make these parts and switch them as requested do you think? I have no idea how much work it is. To me it seems so easily solvable.

#549 Dolleve, Feb 12, 2016
      Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    10. I don't think they should have a technical problem with casting a torso alone and replacing the one they've made for you, but they would end up with an extra torso themselves (unless they were able to put that on someone else's doll :'D). It shouldn't take that long either. If you really want the new piece, you should keep messaging them. I know I had to message them about 3 times because they finally realized that I was really upset with my chest piece. In the end they were really great and sold me an old double torso from their warehouse for $100 (the whole story is in my blog here). Their customer service is often a little stiff and you get a really general reply the first time you message them, so you just need to keep at it. Once they finally take you seriously, they're great and very helpful.

#550 Yenna, Feb 12, 2016
      Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    11. A couple of questions for you fellow Zenith owners...

I've got a Zenith girl-wanted a Karin, got a Shiva-G, found the Karin head on the Marketplace. So now I have an extra Shiva-g head and since I like it, I want to hybridize it. Any one got suggestions for a body in terms of resin matching? I would rather it weren't 65 cm, though I'll take that. Since the heads are on the small size, I figure I can go down size-wise with the body and that would be my preference.

My second question is-has anyone replaced the original Zenith feet and if so, what with? Those 8 cm boats are impossible to find nice girly shoes for and I don't have a huge budget. I can make a decent pair of flats myself, but I'd like to have options. I've currently got a pair of WS Soom Supergem feet on my girl with socks on. She doesn't stand well with them, but then she doesn't stand particularly well with her own feet either. The socket fits just fine though.

12. Hey @Isabeau, unfortunately I can't help you in terms of resin matching, but I've heard of someone using the Angell Studio 62cm heeled feet parts for their Zenith girl successfully. That was what I was planning to use in order to fit cute girly heels onto my incoming Zenith. The resin match was not very good from what I've read though, so best be ready to use socks and tights to cover that up! Anyone else know about swapping feet?

Also, tomorrow is my final layaway payment for my Zenith girl. I'm kind of nervous to see what Souldoll will say about the whole chest piece issue é_è I really don't want to have to argue with them any longer. The more I think about it, the more preposterous it sounds that they were really thinking of sending me the old chest piece -___- Like really Souldoll? That's just not treating customers fairly. Anyway I will update on the situation as soon as I get a reply from them, which should be soon enough.

By the way, any news on your part, @Dolleve?

13. I use Dollmore Model (female) shoes on my Zenith feet. Dollmore Model heels work too on her heel feet. If that helps....

14. Thanks, AnitaS! Checked the site out, some of those look doable.

15. Hi @Dayme yes I had to message a couple of times but they got back to me and said if I was prepared to wait another 2 months for them to make my doll again they will make her with the new chest part! So, i'm very happy! Even though my doll is normal skin they said they have to start all over again as it is hard to match the resin if they just make the chest part. Must admit I don't really understand what they said about it being hard to match to normal skin given that they sell parts? I guess they must be perfectionists!

So, although I will have to wait longer (and i'm so impatient to get her!) I got a great outcome. I hope they sorted everything for you?

16. @Dolleve Wow that is incredibly generous of them! @_@ It's hard to believe they made such a fuss about it & then decided to flat out restart from scratch... But I am so happy for you!

I also ended up with a good outcome ^^ Souldoll hadn't finished producing my Zenith yet, so they just said that they "have decided to send my doll with new chest parts" & "Don't worry about it." I don't know if I will have to wait a lot longer; I sent my final payment last week and still no news. Anyway, I'm really satisfied now & can't wait to get her! ^^

17. I've got to say, the original part really bothered me when I saw how it looked as she posed, I'm soooo happy they fixed this.... my wallet however, is crying! I'm really wanting to get a Zenith Gwen, but I'm so nervous I won't like her face Sculpt that I might end up with an Evelyn or Isabel... I haven't been through all the Zenith threads because I'm still new here, does anyone have a Gwen with faceup that is not done by the company?

18. Does anyone have any owner pics of Isabel-Human ver.? I've only seen 1 owner picture so far and I'm really interested to see more ^__^

19. I'm really glad to read that Souldoll is making good on orders of their Zenith girls that were placed before the new upper joint was revealed. I lost faith in them for the way they reacted at first.
      My plan at the beginning of the year was to pay off a layaway I have at Ring Doll, then order Evelyn. So, hurray!! Souldoll is respecting their customers, 10% discount through May (pays for shipping) and 6 month layaway. My vampire Soom man will have his sister home by Christmas - maybe.

It's like playing the stock market or running a business just to collect bjds these days. You have to do your research and sometimes stand up for yourself.
      But, wow - there are some fabulous creations out there!

:sumomo:

20. Ahhh, I might end up getting the new Zenith body for my girl then. I just love the way the new one moves. I just hope she doesn't do some crazy, demonic, back-snapping thing if I get the new body.