1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Zenith Girls Discussion

Nov 3, 2010

1. I'm glad you guys are getting the upgraded torsos. It's definitely good to stand up for yourself. It not only helps you, but often others with issues as well, because how else will the company hear what the customers want? I think all customers from every company should bring up their issues with the customer service, even if it seems like a small thing or you're not expecting compensation. If nobody complains, the company won't fix what needs to be fixed. There are several companies whose quality control is going down the drain and people just keep on buying from them. Anyway, I'm 100% certain Souldoll wouldn't have upgraded that torso joint at all if people hadn't complained about it in the first place.
      I'm glad I also managed to get a new (old type) torso from them, although I had to pay for it. There was just no living with the new one for me because of how I handle and pose my dolls.

I've kind of lost faith with Souldoll's body designs at the moment, though. They used to make superbly posable bodies (the original double line!) but now all the new female bodies are just clones of the NL girl body which is probably their worst posing girl body yet. Rather than trying new things -which they used to do, they seem to stick with what they have now. It's fine for people who don't need their dolls to hold complex poses and just want them for the aesthetics, but I pose mine and I still have a few Zenith heads I'd like to own. I guess I'll be waiting until they go for another round of new bodies and hope that the heads I want are still available. ^^; Or hope that they decide to make new molds of the old double and general Zenith bodies and offer them again. I know I'm not the only one that would like those back.

I'm currently waiting to have my first proper shoot with Iria (Uha) after I've gotten her body upgraded and modded, because I just finished an outfit for her. But the weather is not allowing it yet. It's torture to wait when I have an idea and a location but it's too wet outside. Hopefully the rains will stop next week. =__=; After that, I'll have to work on her other outfit that she can wear with the armours, but finishing that will probably take months still. But it's nice to work on my own dolls from time to time, too. I've been busy with work and haven't had the time in a while.

2. I've actually been wondering why Souldoll hasn't added the thigh joint to the female body yet. I mean the male bodies have it and I love for the option to be available for my girl. I haven't taken a closer look at the new bodies they have (as I am picky with female bodies and I don't like the fact that Souldoll bodies are so busty), but attempting new things should be something companies should try. It's the way to develop and improve. I'm sure Souldoll has attempted new things (like that giant doll) but it'd be nice to see some more attempts at body structure and maneuverability of the dolls. Their dolls always look like meta-humans, they should really try working with it.

3. Tera Zenith is the only current body that has the thigh joint. The Zenith female doesn't need it that much because her leg can be pulled up. She's strung from head to toe still, so lifting the leg isn't as much an issue as with the dolls that have their legs strung together. The NL bodies and the Vito female could use the thigh joint because their legs are strung together, like the Tera. Then again the thigh joint it useless if it's hard to maneuver and has to to be pulled and lifted as opposed to just turned = impossible with pants.

The thing with Souldoll is that they are doing new things -for them. They're just working backwards: their old double line had thigh joints and much more maneuverable joints. Ironic that the old thigh joint they had seemed to be easier to use than the new Tera one, too. They've probably let go of the sculptor that made those bodies. Because I think their old kids bodies were more posable as well, but ever since the NL. line came out, they've been cloning the female body to every size. They seem more focused on aesthetics now, instead of posing like they used to be. Which definitely sucks for me personally. I like a pretty body as much as anyone, but it's useless to me if it doesn't work well.

But if there's something you want, you should definitely let the company know. Who knows, they might like the idea. And since they're running a business, they should be open to what the customers want.

#563 Yenna, Apr 30, 2016
      Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    4. I haven't actually played with the Souldoll Zenith body yet, but what I would really want is different chest options. The current Zenith bust is huge and it's not my preferred aesthetics. I really liked the double jointed body for its more delicate curves and bust, but Souldoll decided to stop selling it last year due to resin shedding issues.

On top of that, I find Souldoll's customer service to be pretty bad. During the Winter event they tried to get away with giving their customers the old chest piece when the new one was plastered all over the 2 new Zeniths sales page. It took a lot of arguing to get them to agree to let my December order get the new chest part, and now it's been over 4 months without news of them. I agree that we should voice our opinions for SD to start answering their customers wants & needs, but they are just so hard headed I think I won't be bothering with them ever again. I mean, 5 months of wait for a blank nude doll with no Winter event props is really long.

5. Mm, I know how their customer service can be. I don't think the english rep really wants to take many issues to the others in the company and only gives in if the customer is persistent enough. But if something is wrong, the more people that complain make it more likely to bring the point across.

I find this incredibly ironic, because I've never had resin shedding issues with the old Zenith bodies (I have 2), while the crappy-ass joint on the new Zenith female shedded resin like there was no tomorrow. The top my girl used was literally covered in resin dust on the inside when I took it off. Way to design a joint so that it grinds against itself and get's slowly destroyed. =__=

Also, interestingly I was told that the reason for the discontinuation was that the molds had worn out so that the casting work was too difficult, resulting in faulty products (namely ones that shed resin in the limbs). But since they don't seem to have issues with the licences for that body, they could just make new molds and offer the body again -if they wanted to. I just don't think they want to, because it's always more work to have a lot of body options.

6. Souldoll Zenith girl owners I need your help!
      I need to know the length, width and wrist ball circumference of the Zenith hands (these preferably for the best comparison to what I need them for *Special ball jointed doll for you, SOULDOLL* )
      Any help is greatly appreciated.

7. Hey @Mirror_ada, do you still need these measurements? I can try measuring my dolls no.2 hands but I can't guarantee the accuracy.

I just got my Zenith girl with the new chest piece. It's quite nice and I'm very happy with it, but it has its pros and cons. For my first Zenith I got a blank Lime, and let me tell you right away she's not that pretty and rather grumpy looking! I'm excited to get her faced up, however. I think she has a lot of potential. Here are some pictures of the new chest piece & its mobility. Beware these pictures are NSFW! (Sadly the pictures are all b&w since the lighting was really bad today. If you want coloured pictures PM me! ^^)

Here she is in her dehault chest position.
      https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/20/1e/c6/201ec64431c69beaa87aa3a4f66b1417.png

Here she is leaning minimally.

[​IMG]

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e2/fe/93/e2fe933f300a21a547a6a4a0f7331205.png

Leaning at maximum.
      https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/5f/59/1f/5f591fa5dd371d2d23cabd1e07051b88.png

Here is a great view of Lime trying to look upwards. As you can see, she can't really do it! Sadly the new chest piece does not have any locking device to allow her to stay in an upwards-looking position and automatically falls back to her default chest position when you let go, pinching you in the process if you are not careful!!
      https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/5f/59/1f/5f591fa5dd371d2d23cabd1e07051b88.png

Looking down is the same issue.
      https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/4f/aa/1f/4faa1f79d768d37aa14b26e7e4b8bc63.png

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/04/e3/a2/04e3a20c694fd8311696460f0c94b6cb.png

But all in all she looks really nice. The breasts are very big but look graceful nonetheless.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/f6/3c/8d/f63c8d33139026f1444c56ac57b02ffb.png

I hope this is helpful to someone thinking of getting the new Zenith body! At first I was planning to try trading it for Souldoll's previous double-jointed body but now I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. The head is surprisingly small! I believe it's MSD sized.

Edit; Just realized I can't put a million photos in the discussion thread, so I updated the post with a million links instead. Hope it helps!

#567 Dayme, May 27, 2016
      Last edited: May 27, 2016
    8. Congrats on your first Zenith! Lime is one of the Zenith girls I'd still want, but I'll rather not have her at all if the only option is that new body. Seems like the renewed version doesn't have as much movement as the original (understandable, because the hole for the strings is smaller), but as it still keeps snapping back with force, I can't say they improved anything but the looks on that one. Souldoll baffles me sometimes. They used to make such amazingly movable bodies...

For the neck, if you are up for it, you could make a few more nodges inside the head for the S hook. I assume there's just one around the middle of the hole where the hook and strings come through? If you make notches behind and in front of that one, she will gain better ability to look up and down if you put the S hook on one of them. I did this for my Paratiisi because she couldn't look up at all. My Uha looks up and down just fine, but other heads have different sculptors and move differently.

9. @Dayme Blank heads can look so different and even "ugly" sometimes, but then with faceup they suddenly look really cool! Lime does seem like a versatile sculpt that could pull of many different looks, so I'm excited to see what you have planned for her ^^

It'd be great if you could post the rest of the pictures somewhere, maybe the "Photo reference" would be the correct place for that? I'm sure there are people who are wondering about getting a Zenith and would find those photos useful :) And then later when more people get their Zenith girls with the upgraded chest part could post photos there and perhaps someone who has both versions could post pictures as well.

10. @Yenna The looks, as you said, are very much improved. But at the end of the day, the body is not as efficient as the previous double-jointed body, which does kind of bother me. But for now, I'm enjoying it quite a lot! ^^
      About the neck; I'm not sure I'm up for customization just yet, but it's something I'll keep in mind! It sounds pretty smart & I think Lime is just one of those sculpts with limited mobility. I love Paratiisi, by the way. If I ever order a second Zenith (probably if Souldoll rereleases the previous body), I'd probably get Madalyn. ;)

@safir I really do hope I can get her a good faceup & bring her to life! I'm planning on sending her off this summer with her (soon to be) twin brother, a Fifth Motif GooHwa.
      And I think I figured something out! I just copied the links to all of the pictures and put them in my post instead of the pictures themselves. If the links work, you should be able to see them up top^ !

11. @Dayme Fingers crossed for you ^^ I'm sure she and her twin brother will both turn out great!
      I checked the pictures, looks like the range of motion is really good and it looks nice too :) I have my eyes set on Isabel (possibly the vampire version), so who knows, I might have both of the body versions at some point in the future :3

12. Hello all :) I don't own a Souldoll yet but am looking into the new Summer event heads and have decided to go for Swinte. I have a question regarding Souldoll and possible hybrids. I love Souldoll faces but not so much in love with body proportions. Can anyone tell me if Souldoll Zenith girl heads fit on Iplehouse SID or nYID bodies? Thank you in advance for any advice :)

I'm glad Souldoll updated the chest plates for everyone who ordered before it was released :).

13. @PennyDes I can test my Justitia head on SID and NYID bodies soon :) I'll PM some photos for you.

14. That's so nice of you ... thank you very much :).

15. I just ordered my first Souldoll from the summer head event :dance. I ordered Zenith girl Swinte with Faceup as well as a blank Yola and a free gift of a blank Swinte. Is anyone else thinking of getting Swinte?

#575 PennyDes, Jul 10, 2016
      Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    16. I just ordered a full doll Swinte. She'll be a sister to my Isabel, Cloud. I'm still searching for a name for her but right now my nickname for the two of them is The Ghost and The Darkness.

Here's a new pictures of my lovely Isabel.
      [​IMG]

17. @Patrice S Oh she's so beautiful ♥ I really love Isabel, I'd love to have her in my doll crew some day ^^ Also, congrats on your Swinte order!

18. Thanks Safir. Isabel is truly a lovely sculpt.

And Souldoll added several pumps so now I'll have some use to use with the heel feet I have.

19. Your Isabel is very lovely <3... I love her sculpt but have been waiting for more customer images before officially adding her to my wish list. There are so few photos of her out there....thank you for sharing yours :). I'm glad to hear you bought Swinte as well...she's such an intriguing sculpt. There was no discussion about her that I could find so I was beginning to think I was alone, lol. Wishing you luck in coming up with Swinte's new name :thumbup.

20. PennyDes, you can find more pics of my Isabel on my Flickr album. She is truly a beautiful sculpt and she photographs easily.
      Souldoll Isabel