1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Zenith Girls Discussion

Nov 3, 2010

1. Hello! Does anyone own a Friel? I only have seen the promotional photos for her on her product page and I wanted to see some actual photos of her. I'm contemplating buying her through the Marketplace if she can be found - I know she's sold out on the company page. Thanks for entertaining my request! :sweat

2. Thank you so much for the link :). She is very lovely and your photographs are great. Isabel has definitely made it to my official wish list.

3. I got my first Souldoll girl today, and I can already tell there is no going back. She's a Leira with all the bunny bits (though I have to send those to get some blushing). But I'm very impressed with this girl. She poses fairly well, and has such a nice color. I expect that I will have many more Souldoll ladies in my collection before all is said and done. :sweat I don't know how I missed out on these gorgeous dolls for as long as I did. I need to play catch-up with the previous discussion threads!

[​IMG]

4. CourtneyC, your Leira is gorgeous!

5. Have you seen the new Souldoll girl Serena?

Centaur version: *Special ball jointed doll for you, SOULDOLL*
      Human version: *Special ball jointed doll for you, SOULDOLL*

I have fallen head over heels for her :love I hope I can get the human version with centaur head in sandy brown. Fortunately the event runs till November, so I have time to collect the necessary funds. Otherwise I'll just have to do a 6 month layaway. I just can't miss out of this girl.

6. Serena is fantastic! I think she's the first SD sized female centaur?
      I can't swing her right now but I hope lots of people buy her!

Ooooo They are offering the centaur body on it's own!!!
      *Special ball jointed doll for you, SOULDOLL*

#586 Arekushia, Sep 13, 2016
      Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    7. Serena is gorgeous, I especially love the elf-eared head! <3 Centaurs are not my thing, but I'd love this girl in the human body... Sadly I shouldn't purchase more big resin girls since I don't really have room for them nor any characters in mind ^^;

8. I totally adore Serena, human version. I really love everything about her. Souldoll will be the financial death of me ... hooray for 6 month layaway!

9. Serena human version is absolutely amazing. The hair (even unbraided), the clothes, the faceup, the sculpt, the clothes, wow. If I didn't already have a layaway with them right now, I would probably be getting myself a doll I never intended to get, in a scale I never intended to get.

10. The human Serena is stunning. I love everything about her but I really didn't want to do another big doll. But is so beautiful that I may have to squeeze in one more big one.

The centaur head is gorgeous too but I wish they had modeled the horse part more after Aehael than using Chiron's. At least that's what I'm telling myself because I have absolutely no room for something that big now.

11. I love the centaur head! I'd love to be able to get her on the human body but I doubt I'll be able to get her before she is gone. I absolutely love the horns too!

12. I think Serena is a big version of Freya. Same bump on the nose, same mouth. She really is beautiful, as is Lail. Souldoll are churning out some amazing sculpts

13. @Ishtar, I agree, she definitely looks like Freya, which I'm happy about! I love Freya, just figured 50cm would be too close to MSD for me. :D

@Arekushia I think you're right, she is the first SD female centaur! I'm so excited for her. I keep eyeing the centaurs that pop up from others but they're always little or look young (MSD or smaller) and now I can get one in my preferred 1/3. <3

14. @ryuunohime I was worried my vito guy would be too small but he looks fine with my bigger dolls. Most of mine are smaller than zenith size tho

15. Hi :) it's been awhile since i've been on the forum but wanted to share a picture of Swinte :). She is on a tan skin Mirodoll body for now but i hope to spray the body to match her skin tone at some point. Sorry the picture is a little grainy. I ordered Full set Anaele and can't wait for her to get here. Unfortunately that meant I had to miss out on Serena so I am looking forward to pictures of her on DOA.
      [​IMG]

16. Congrats on your girl @PennyDes . Is that the default face up? She looks lovely and I really like those glasses on her. :3

I also got a Swinte as a gift head during their last event, but I don't have anything for mine -not even a character as she was truly an extra in the order. I got her as a back up in case the Jina head I ordered wouldn't work for the character. But it seems like she will, so the Swinte is an extra, and yet I don't want to part with her because she's so pretty. I don't have any photos of the Jina yet either, because I'm waiting for eyes for her from Enchanted Doll... It's probably only been a few weeks since I ordered, so it'll take a few more. In the mean time, I'm trying to hunt down a very character specific wig for her. She's hanging out on a borrowed body without eyes right now, poor thing.

Did you guys notice the sandy brown and grey skin event they have until the end of the month? Seems like all their basic Zeniths are available in the two skin tones. I'd be very tempted if they still offered the old body, but as they don't, I can't buy from them. Which is probably a good thing, because I couldn't afford it anyway and I really don't need any more big girls. Their wardrobes have taken over my bigger storage boxes, haha. xD

17. Hi Yenna :). Thanks for your compliments on Swinte and yes she does have the default face up. Oh I'm sorry to hear your Jina is without eyes... I hope they arrive soon. Enchanted doll eyes look so amazing online (I've never seen them in person). Best of luck on deciding what to do with your Swinte head :thumbup as she really is a pretty sculpt. I actually ran into the same issue with Yola. I bought Yola only so I could get a free blank Swinte head but I ended up liking her sculpt so much I can't seem to part with her. What kind of wig are you trying to find for Jina?

I wish Souldoll offered the old body in any color. The proportions look nicer in photo comparisons of the old body vs. the new body.

18. ED was fast and sent the eyes after just 3 weeks, so they're on their way now and I should be able to take at least some kind of photos of her soon. :3 I've had a lot of ED eyes over the years and I love how flexible they are with custom orders and how many different colours they have.
      The wig is black with side parted bangs and it's about shoulder height with curls -longer if they're straightened. And not insane giant curls like on most wigs, but more toned down like a real person would curl their hair. I'm looking at one mohair I could trim a little because I definitely can't find anything that's right in the synthetic fiber categories. I ordered alpaca fiber and made a wig for her myself, and it would be fine otherwise but the fiber is so coarse that it looks like horse hair on her. I'm so frustrated about it too because alpaca isn't cheap (I don't have the patience to process raw fiber). I might have to look for smoother black fiber but ordering is always a bit of a risk. I would just custom order one from the alpaca wig makers, but I think they all use the glue technique instead of sewing the wig. I don't like hard wig caps or the fibers being fixed in one direction = it doesn't leave many alternate styling options. And Zeniths have such weird heads that I'm not sure it would fit unless the maker had a Zenith themselves. Such a problematic wig this one, you'd think it's not that hard to find but it is.

Oh yes, I so wish they offered the old body too. It's got such lovely and smooth looking joints. The new body is all leg, with a squished torso, not to mention the giant boobs that are definitely not everyone's cup of tea. But it's funny how the extra heads come in and make themselves at home. I wish I could just sell my Swinte and not have to find her eyes, wig or character, but she's just too pretty...

19. Hi Yenna :) I'd love to see the eyes in Jina when they arrive. Thanks for letting me know enchanted doll eyes are a nice company to deal with.
      The wig sounds very pretty... I hope you find one like it. Sorry the wig you made didn't turn out right :(. That can be disheartening especially if the materials cost a lot. I've never made any wigs myself but want to someday. I recently found a great video on how to make a stretchy sewn wig with synthetic fibers. I think she shows how to curl and style too. If you'd like I can private message the link to you :thumbup. Let me know.
      Lol, yes I noticed the heads do have a bit of an awkward shape to it but fortunately the head looks great once the wig is on. Iplehouse wigs don't fit too well but so far Monique Gold 7/8 wigs are a very nice fit.
      I agree about the new bodies. I am not a fan of the huge bust personally and when my Anaele arrives she will be getting a bust reduction. Either that or I will modify an Iplehouse YID so the Zenith head will fit. I will have to see what I need to do once she gets here as I've never seen a Souldoll body first hand. I'm new to Souldoll ownership and only have heads so far. All I know is I want a petite look ;).
      Best of luck finding a look for Swinte and getting / making that wig you want or Jina. :)

20. @PennyDes You're welcome. I'll be posting a few photos with the current wig and the new eyes when they arrive, but then I'm going to have to figure out what to do with the wig problem. I'm not gonna go down the making a synthetic fiber wig myself -road, because those can be found in most styles. I actually sewed the alpaca fiber into wefts and made that one into a stretchy sewn wig too, instead of a glued one (I just kind of hate making wigs myself). It would be fine if the fiber itself wasn't horrible. I love how I can curl, straighten and put it up on a bun if I want to, but it just looks so bad because of the horse hair syndrome. x_x

Sorry, I don't think it's possible to do a petite look with the new Zenith body. She's very tall, volumptious and just generally pretty big. The good thing is that Zenith heads should be okay to put on smaller bodies because the heads are fairly small and so are their faces. You won't get a bobble-head syndrome, at least.

I used to love most of Souldoll bodies because they were very posable. I really wanted both of the older double bodies (male and female), but they discontinued them before I had a chance to get them. Now, I wish they had more variety in their (female) bodies. But no, they're all clones of eachother: huge ass, big boobs, giant thighs, the same torso, legs and arms. Put the Zenith, Vito and NL.girl next to eachother and they're identical in shape. The only difference is the joints, and unfortunately I find all of their joint solutions dumb. I don't know what happened, they used to make such posable dolls and now it's all about the looks. Which would be okay, I suppose, but it's the same look all the time that really gets to me. =__=