1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Zii - Discussion! Suddenly discontinued!

Oct 13, 2007

1. ooh i no i love how asian he looks!! hmm jun ki... i can see it actually he has a similar eye shape like him and maybe with a different wig but i actually see it too. lol wow zii seem to look alot like everyone lol haha darn souldoll darn them!!!

2. They posted some photos of the blank head on the board. n__n [link]

3. Thanks for linking Saint, I never would have noticed it on the board. Hmmm taking into consideration the faceup they gave him compared to the blank head he's VERY versatile looking. I actually sketched out how I want mine to look today and it still looks as if it will fit well. Sweetness.

4. thank you so much for the link ^^ wow I love his sculpt so much its so weird how makeup chages the sculpt but its so lovely!! i love it even more!! gahhh its killing me!! he looks like someone i just cant put my finger on it!! I love the bags under his eyes :D :D !! now that i look at it he looks more like lee jun ki XD

5. Yeah, I thought of that too when I saw him! To me, it's more of a cross btw Hero/Jaejong and Lee Jun ki. XD;

I also want this boy...Maybe I'll get him late November and early December.... *crosses fingers*

6. Oh yay, I'm not imagining things! XD

Thank you for linking, Saint! <3

Zii without the makeup is so disorienting. @_@ I saw the blank head and I was thinking: ...are you suuuure that's Zii?! He really does seem to be versatile, like musashi chan said. ^____^

UBER HOT. *fans self rapidly*

I'm now completely focused on saving up money for Ziiiiiiii. I thought it was DK Amon (he's so pretty *sighs*) but now it's Ziiii. If only I could pet him. <33 He looks so pet-able.

7. hmm just wondering for the people who plan on saving for zii... do you have any ideas what character he is going to be or have any character for him??

8. I have a name picked out for him, but... other than that. Uhm. I have no specific character for him. I think it's too confining, and I'd like his character to change and evolve as I change too. ^^

9. yeah i see what you mean lol. i have a character i have in mind for him though lol I thought it would be interesting to see what othere people were gonna do to him and stuff ^^

10. I'm hoping to get him in November or December. I do have a character in mind for him, the main antagonist of my current novel-in-progress, name of Malchior. The story itself is a quirky fantasy thing, with elements of horror.

I'm particularly looking forward to getting him as my Osu that I had on layaway arrived last week, and I've discovered that I love making clothes for the Soul Double boy body. Although, a warning, the joints on the thing are dangerous! The torso and lower knee joints especially are thin and tight fitting, so combined with some fairly tight stringing, pinching fingers between the joints is a common and unpleasant occurrence. The first time that I caught my finger in his hip joint (about 5 minutes after I opened his box) I yelped and shook my hand like I was caught in a mousetrap! Fortunately, this problem has been pretty much solved by sewing him some outfits. His joints can't bite me with fabric in the way :sweat

But I digress. I can't wait to see everyone's Ziis once they arrive! I really do think that he will be quite versatile, which is something that I have found of Souldoll sculpts in general. They have a subtlety to them that I really enjoy.

11. Hm... I have nothing particularly planned for him except that he'll be working and slaving away under Sei. :sweat I'm thinking of making him a modeling agent, but I'm not so sure yet. I guess I'll see. For me, it's a lot easier to determine their personality once I see them in person rather than in the official pictures. ^^

And even tho his mold looks versatile, I'm going to get him with his default faceup cuz I like it a lot. :)

12. Zii is gorgeous! But I'm also loving Soo-Hyung. It's a moot point for now though as I still have to pay off two other boys. All I can hope is that not another gorgeous guy comes out before I can save up for one of these. And I thought I was done buying dolls for a while. Foolish me!

13. Welcome guys! ^^

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Uknows-Lurve [​IMG]
      hmm just wondering for the people who plan on saving for zii... do you have any ideas what character he is going to be or have any character for him??

I have a name and a look. Don't know if I'm going to get him with the default face-up or a lighter more blonde looking one @__@; since he's probably going to be wearing a light wig most of the time.

14. My Zii arrived today n_n. I'll hopefully be painting him in the next few days and posting piccahs on the gallery~

15. bump to see what he looks like! and congradulations I would really like to see some owner pics of Zii before I decide on getting him. he looks lovely though.. :D

16. I agree. I can't wait to see your boy, Lynsey! ^^

17. :o I can't wait!! >w< Your face-ups are soo gorgeous. Oh no. Purdy BJD + purdy face up = blissful death. :sweat

Now I'm totally working for Zii! Iono, but seeing other people have a BJD I really want has this competitive/motivating effect on me. XD

$687 + $XXX, here I come! x0x

18. What a great looking asian guy bjd! I love his rock-god persona too! But whats going on with his neck? Why are they hiding it in every photo with hair and such? Is it really wide and thick? Alex

19. Souldoll did say his neck was thicker than other dolls (I wonder why they'd bother to make the changes @_@ ) buuuut IMO, from what I can see it isn't too bad. Although we'll have to make the decision when all the stuff is not covering his neck. x-x The neck seems to be almost as wide as the face, and it's not as slender.

20. I really like his neck though lol but that is true it does look as wide as his face.