1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SoulDolls? Reviews, opinions?

Jan 20, 2006

1. There you are! I knew there couldn't be a post about Souldoll without either green_judy or I answering! XD

2. I've got a Lune, also, and I absolutely adore him. His head was very wobbly when I first got him, but was a cinch to tighten. His headcap is wonderful (held on by magnets, mm), even if his head IS tiny, and doesn't fit most of my wigs. He has huge ears and a sad-sad face, but he's all the more charmign for it. I love their hands and feet, also. I know a posted a body comparison with him in it in the comparison shot sticky in the BJD-opedia. Good luck!!

3. I have a UFK Katie and she's lovely. Really nice sculpt. The resin is a bit strange though, it feels a little coaser than my other dolls and she's kinda light compared to the others as well.

4. Souldolls are high quality and beautiful. The resin is a nice peachy-pink tone, but not as saturated in color as CP Delfs. It has an interesting feel to the touch, much like CH resin, and is very luminous (like an inner glow). We have one 60cm male (Paris), and one 60cm female (reese). Both stand and pose very well, the male stands so well you can just leave him standing without having to worry. The females are a bit smaller than some other brand's, such as CP Delf's female 60cm, but souldoll's heads are smaller too so it looks proportional. Both dolls also fit into other makers shoes well, the female we have is wearing a pair of high-heels by Luts.

Sera

5. I just received my Souldoll Paris this month, and I love him. He has some trouble standing, but that's because I need to suede some joints. Other then that, the only problems I have is finding shoes (no cheap shoes for HUGE feet).

Oh, yeah, he also has a huge butt. :D

6. My mom and I have a Souldoll Lune and he's absolutely adorable!! He poses really well, and I don't find his head too small, he can share wigs with our Soo Ri. The body sculpt is gorgeous, and okay, I know this might sound weird, but he's got the cutest butt I've ever seen!!!:wiggle

7. No butt on earth can possibly compare with the Clara ass. I mean seriously; ask anyone who was later to the Ohayocon meetup! That is not a butt. It is a ghetto bootay. It is enormous. I'm afraid that only a hilariously bad photo can showcase the enormity of this girl's backside.

WARNING: Naked disembodied Clara-ass ahead!!

[​IMG]

All jokes aside, though, it really is a pretty body. I love it. The huge butt makes her balence!

Speaking of those photos, who here thinks it would be helpful to have a Souldoll stringing/restringing tutorial? They're stringing is unlike any other brand, and for those who have yet to try it.... May the force be with you.

8. I own a Soul Doll Paris, and he's wonderfull. I really like the sculpt and the customer service was great. If you get a kit and decide to string one yourself, just make sure you do it from the neck down--it makes things a heck of a lot easier, lol.

9. I think Souldoll has come so far since they were first introduced on the market. Their sculpts have become much more refined, and their clothing is spectacular. Seriously, has anyone poked around the clothing section of the site? The new outfits with the thrift store chic look are to die for.
      I don't have a doll to be able to comment on quality, but i haven't heard anything bad about the company. If you're worried about the wig size, you could always look at places that offer many wig sizes, like audrey's dolls.

10. I'm not sure if there is the right place to put this, but... Does anyone have a picture of the female Souldoll body? Preferably nude? I'm considering buying two bodies (or whole dolls if must be) for two character dolls, but Souldoll doesn't have body shots.

11. Wow, and I thought Izzy's butt was big.

That is Ghetto Booty to the EXTREME

12. I shaved and sanded my Lune's cheeks a good bit, and it came out beautifully. Maybe it's just me, but the Souldoll resin seems a little harder than others, so it takes more work to sand.

Hmmm... those of you who say you have a pinky-peach colour doll--when did you order yours? I got Aegis not long after they had switched to the opaque resin, and he's very yellow-toned, not pink at all. O_o

13. Frank got delivered Dec. 6 and he definitely doesn't have a yellow tone.

14. Adrienne arrived in early September 2005, and is decidedly pinky. Very pretty color, maybe a bit peach in person.

15. I have two Souldolls: a Tiffee girl, and a Dit Saint. I love them both dearly.
      I have some minor issues with their posing: they're both difficult to stand, but it's nothing a little sueding didn't take care of. The sculpts are gorgeous, and so are the faceups. I was going to give them both custom faceups, but the company did such a good job I don't think I want to!
      I especially love Yui's (Tiffee) body sculpt. I could go on for ages about how much I love that.

You know, Mackie, my Dit Saint, came to me really yellow. I wonder if the earlier Souldoll resin yellows quicker...? Or if it's just their age? Hm.
      I need to try cleaning him. :oops:

16. My daughter's Souldoll Lune arrived in October, and his opaque resin is peachy-pink; his resin is really very, very similar in tone to our Volks dolls in fact, although not 100% identical. His head may be a bit smaller than many 60cm dolls (because it just doesn't stick out as far in back although the face is the same size - he wears Obitsu wigs pretty well!). He fits in very nicely with our Volks gang, and is the "father" to my daughter's Volks MSD Toppi, whose face has similarities to his.

He came with an extra set of hands, in case his hands get damaged. His default Souldoll faceup is really beautifully done. His body is very beautifully sculpted, and he was strung nice and tight. :)

He wears the same size shoes as my Volks SD13 boy, so they've had no problem sharing shoes. ^^ You just need to look for SD13 boy sized shoes. He also fits in his Volks sd13 boy suit, though his waist is a bit bigger.

17. Oh, about head size--mine wears an SD sized wig. It's a little big on him, but nothing that a little wig velcro didn't fix. He can, however, also trade wigs with my AR LF Jade whose head runs on the large side for minis (though he looked ridiculous in Hikaru's short blond wig, lol).

18. Ridiculously belatedly, but Wolfie mentioned someone putting up a Souldoll stringing tutorial. That'd be a great idea, I think. I don't want to kill myself OR my doll the first time I restring her. XD

Now, back to the current discussion! *scoots off*

19. I've actually already got a ton of pictures I took while I was re-stringing Adrienne, I just wondered if it would really be worth my time and effort to resize and coherent-ize them into a tutorial....