1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SoulDolls? Reviews, opinions?

Jan 20, 2006

1. Maybe it's just me, but I was so worried about stringing my two soul kids because I read all about how hard they were to string/restring. That worry was for nothing!

I don't know what the normal restringing is like, but for me it was a breeze, really. I was so surprized, because I was waiting for something to go wrong - but it really *was* that easy. Of course I have nothing to compare against - perhaps, if the usual restringing takes all of 5 minutes, souldoll's 20 min seem harder by comparison. Well, add to that a bit of time for that torso middle part you have to glue in (however long it takes for your glue to dry).

I have since restrung them both, again - no more than 15-20 min each.

2. It doesn't take long, but the system is absurd and absolutely nothing like the Volks and CP standard that there are so many tutorials for.

3. I am proud to say that I own a Soudoll Clara now too. She came on Saturday. My husband strung her for me (I was too nervous about doing it wrong). I have to say, my take is that she is one of the most amazing molds. Her body is gorgeous - super luminous with dancer limbs and graceful fingers and a lovely, womanly torso. Her face and neck are just lovely. I think she has the most personality of any mold I've seen.

I ordered her from Janis at Sunrise dolls and I highly recommend her. She is super nice, very quick to respond to emails and just wonderful to work with.

My only dilemma now is her big feet. Has anyone tried sanding them down a hair? There are some high heeled boots at Luts that I would love to have . . . if only they would fit.

4. I would worry that if you sanded her feet, she would have agreat deal of trouble standing her up barefoot. I don't know if that matters to you, but her torso is very heavy and needs those long feet to balence out so she can stand. Then again, I love her big feet as much as her big hands, so maybe my opinion here doesn't mean much....

5. I have two Soul dolls... Dreamy Painter Neve and Seon Mun (Tan Paris sculpt). I am most impressed with the company AND the dolls. My Seon Mun fits all the boys boots and shoes I have.. mostly Luts, Minour World and Leekeworld - so no problems there. I havent really tried many of the girl shoes and boots on Neve yet.
      Their resin is lovely (and I have Volks, CP, AR, DOD,Rainy and CH to compare to - and a few heads from other companies).
      The boys body is beautiful and he has the most gorgeous hands - but then so does Neve. I would not hesitate to buy from them again.

6. I have a Souldoll Paris. ^^ He was a UFK, so I got to string him myself [with help, though]. The stringing is VERY different from the rest of the dolls I've seen...

Resin-wise, he's very solid, and seems a lot denser than the Luts dolls, which can seem kinda plasticky sometimes. The colour's nice; I had been expecting something really yellow after reading various threads but I like it.

LOVE the sculpt, though his right thigh is wonky and can't fit exactly into the sockets... but meh, minor problem. 8D And his face is... <3 total love. He has a permanent smile, which rocks.

7. Yeah, stringing Izzy was crazy. I just gave up and strung him like everyone else. He doesnt stand very well, but I think its 'cause his ankles are wobbly.

8. Wolfie - that's a good point. I wouldn't want to risk her not standing properly. I guess I'll leave her lovely large feet, and try to find shoes that fit. :-)

9. I restrung my Lune with no problems at all. It was easy. ^^; I think Souldoll has already made a stringing tutorial, which I printed out when I took on the challenge of putting Takumi back together. If I can find the pictures again I'll have to post them for everyone. Granted, they're written in Engrish, but I found them to be somewhat helpful.

On a more general note, I have nothing but good things to say about Souldoll :)

10. I cannot wait for my baby too come home. I've been waiting little over 6 weeks now. I ordered from the UFK event. Tiffee will come soon I hope! Souldolls are so pretty and though I've never seen one in person I'm expecting great things.

11. Are you sure his ankles are in place right? At least with the big girls, I know that the floating ball-joint of each ankle is not only left/right specific, but also has a definate front and back, and when placed properly locks in place on the foot and shouldn't be able to wobble.

12. Yeah, they lock in, I know.

Its not the ball on the foot that makes it wonky, but the ball in the leg. It always kind of wants to bend out or something. It takes me a while to get it perfect so he doesnt buckle under.

13. I am new to ball-jointed doll collecting. My first two dolls (shown in the attachment) are Tiffee and Harang and my next will be Paris, who is set to arrive in about ten days.

For me, Soul Dolls are beautifully sculpted with gorgeous face-ups (especially the eyes.) Also, their cost isn't prohibitive.

Speaking of the eyes, one of Harang's eyes glistens in the corner as if it were a real eye! The light has to catch it right and it's truly amazing. I expected her to blink in the next instant.

Cheers,
      Laura

14. Your Harang is so beautiful! Im still waiting for my Clara UFK (I have been waiting so long now >.<) but my next dolls are going to be Harang and Neve. And then maybe Tiffee and Katie. I really love Souldolls xD

15. Does anyone know if the Leeke MSD wigs will fit Souldoll Clara? I've ordered a few regular SD sized wigs (9-10), and they are too big for her. There don't seem to be as many choices in the 8-9 range, just wondering if anybody's tried the 7-8.

And if this is the wrong thread for me to put this on, I'm so sorry! I'm just desperate for help. :-(

16. The actual site is www.souldoll.com.

They truly are beautiful and the only line our store now carries. If someone does a stringing tutorial, I would like to have permission to put it up on our site (www.japanimationcity.com) as a reference.

17. I just recieved my two UFK Paris's yesterday, bought through Sunrise Dolls. Everything went very well, and I recommend them highly. ...if for nothing else than the fact that shipping in the contenental US for them cost me only $14. O.o I spent a lot of time looking through the boxes, but have a lot of things I have to do before I get time to put them together. I was suprised with the amount of things that came with them! I was somehow imagining doll bits in a plastic bag, but they came in regular Soul Doll boxes, with everything included - even wigs, eyes and eye putty. Also... directions! I glanced through the directions yesterday, and they seem very complete. If they're not floating around on the 'net anywhere, I could get them scanned in.

18. Actually, my girl wears an L-024 very well. Her best-fitting wig yet, really. It's listed as being 10-11 inch size, but they have a stretchy cap and it fits beautifully. She can even hang upside-down in it without it falling off! The only problem is that she has a definate issue with too much of the wig falling across her face, covering her eyes entirely if I'm not careful.

Have you actually recieved and tried those wigs yet? If not, I'd recommend that you wait and see how it works for you.

19. My boy wears an L-024 as well (SD size). It doesn't fall off outright but it has a tendency to flop around, but that's easily fixed with a rubber band or two and some velcro--I imagine the same could be said for any Leeke wig. It does cover one eye entirely, unlike the picture on the site, but I don't mind as I've gotten many compliments on how it looks on him XD

I do have an MSD size Leeke wig on hand and I haven't even tried to put it on him, because it doesn't even look like it could fit. So I think you'd have better luck with the SD size and a rubber band :)

20. Thanks Wolfie and Brynn. I don't have any of the Leeke wigs yet in the SD size, although I do have some for my Unoa. Good to know that they will fit. I have a Dollmore SD sized wig that's just way too big and a Souldoll SD size wig that's okay with rubber bands. I ordered one of the Elfdoll wigs (I think those are an 8-9) from Janis at Sunrise and it should be here soon. :-) I'll try some SD leeke ones as well. :-)