1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SoulDolls? Reviews, opinions?

Jan 20, 2006

1. Thank you! I hope your Clara comes soon!

2. I love my SoulDoll Paris ^_^

3. I have a Tiffee boy. He's my only doll and he's perfect! (And he knows it...) I ordered him through sunrisedolls.com and they answered all my questions and kept in touch with me through my entire wait. And when my boy arrived he was flawless, if strung a bit tightly. Was easy to fix, even for a noob. They even sent me stringing instructions as if he were a kit! *_* All in all, if you want a Soulkid, Sunrise is an invaluable site for ordering and information, if you're thinking of ordering, and I highly recommend Souldolls. :3

4. I'm very very seriously considering purchasing one of the new Souldoll boys (Lupinus), but I'm being told that while the SoulDoll boy bodies are very sexy looking, they're not that well constructed. Apparently they're hard to pose, can't stand easily, and the joints in general aren't very well done?

I'd really really like to hear other people's opinions on him however and on the overall quality of Souldoll's sculpts. (Resin quality too.) It probably will make or break whether I get him or not.

Bear in mind I've only ever owned CP dolls, so they'd be a useful point of comparison for me. (And they're not exactly the masters of standing either!)

5. Mine stands very well (no kicky legs, no bowing or curling up, no falling over), and I haven't noticed any problems with his joints not being done well. He stands just fine barefoot, in boots, and in sneakers. The only posibility issue that I've noticed is that he doesn't have a lot of movement with his torso joint. My CP boy has more movement with his waist joint, but is harder to get to stand, though once he's standing he seems pretty stable.

He has the newer non-French resin and it's a nice peachy color--paler than CP normal skin. It's not quite as smooth to the touch as my CP dolls, but it looks nice.

I'm very pleased with him, and I don't think the quality is any less than any of the other dolls I own, he's just different (as they all are from each other) and it's more of a matter of taste.

6. I love my souldoll Ed and I think his body is very very nice. He poses well and I got him as a UFK and he was my first doll! I can see the differences with the CP body but the only problem I had was with a head that didn't stay in pose. I sueded the head and now he paused his head like a charm. I find him less tight on the neck than my Elf Yder and he makes no squeaking noise when I turn the head.

7. I don't own a Soul Doll boy, but I did have several chances to play with one beloning to my friend. Overall, I think he does pose well and is constructed very nicely- and of course the scuplting is very nice. X3 I actually found hm very easy to stand, he did so extremely well and stands up easier and straighter than my Volks boys do sometimes! XD The only thing that bothered me about the sculpt is the fact that it's very difficult/near impossible to have him sit straight up. The way the thigh joints are, he will always be leaning back quite a bit unless you prop something up behind him. (See what I mean here: http://no-gentlemen.net/sdc.php?details=svc ) This maaaay be fixable by modding the thigh joints, but it's something you'd need to do with care as I'm not sure how much it would effect his standing.

8. Thanks very much everyone for the comments. Maybe there was an older version body that didn't have great posing/standing? Not being able to sit up DOES bother me a bit, but on the other hand I'm not at all shy about modification. ^_^

9. Hi Kurosakura,

I have 3 SoulDoll dolls. One is a small one...msd size...and two large ones. One of the dolls is one of the first SoulDolls made, and the other is the Tan Elf....Fantasy Warrior.

Ruby did the faceups on all my dolls and they are gorgeous. First off I have to admit I can only compare the doll to Volks, CP and CustomHouse. My AR LF really doesn't count, as they are MSD size.

Crono, my elf, can stand very well, actually better than Isao/Cecile/Lucas/Tohya. His jointing system is not as nice as the Volks boys mentioned, but I do love the sculpture of the body and legs.....best legs go to CP.....thus far. His hands are lovely, but tend to do their own thing.....which bugs me at times.

His head attachment is different. A thinner elastic cord from the neck is strung to a bar in the head. When I first attached the head, the head was floppy. I decided to really tighten the elastic cord, and place moleskin strips on the neck near the hole that the cord comes from. The head is tight and it poses well. ^^

I have to admit I do love the elf. I think you have to be willing to work with a doll no matter which doll you get. I had to let the elastic cords out on my Cecile, so he could be more posable. Isao was wonderful as he came. Poor Lucas has the old body...but, you know I would not trade it for anything. I love the arch in his back. ^^

I pick my boys by the faces/heads. ^^ I think it's always best to pick the doll that you love, in the end, that'll make you happiest.

10. I have a brand new Paris. While his arm posing could be better, He stands really well. In fact, he's standing beside me right now :).

11. I used a Soul Doll boy body for an Optional Head.
      The head has thick resin and I had to suede the hips to help him stand.
      The sculpting is gorgeous. His feet are big and wont fit into any of the Ajumapama boy shoes I have.
      I like his hands and chest.

12. The only problem I've ever had with my boy is his posture -- it takes effort to get him to sit up straight. :vein It doesn't really bother me though, and I heard that restringing can take care of that. His head is wobbly, but like acexkeikai said, sueding should take care of that. (And secretly, I like it that way. It's easier to move his head than with my other dolls. :aheartbea)

Who told you SoulDolls are hard to pose? XD I find him much more posable than my crazy-legged CP boy, actually! He stands very well (I've been able to just plunk him down and he'll stand...no feet or leg adjustment...) and can crouch and even stand on his head! If you're not afraid of a little customization, wiring gives his arms a lot more posability. :) (I personally don't like wiring, it feels a bit weird when you're posing, but that's just me.) I've never noticed any joint problems, except that his hands tend to "pop" out of the socket a little more with my other dolls, because they're not attached to the balljoint. That's hardly a problem though. ^^

And plus, the SoulDoll sculpt really is amazing! So muscley...:drool

13. My Soul Doll Lune poses quite nicely. He sits well and leans backward only a tiny bit. He does suffer from 'sympathy neck', but that sounds like it's correctable by sueding. My only complaint is his bum. It's like two badly parked volkswagens. Other than that, he's lovely. :D

14. I have a Paris... he was a UFK so I'm not sure about Souldoll's own stringing. He can stand extremely well, though; just put him there and he'll stand and pose. I've got to suede the neck to stop him from going all bobbly, but otherwise he's just amazing. [I'm biased, too. XD]

He does tend to lean back when sitting, but I sanded down his joints [there was extra resin in his lower torso socket blocking the thighs from going all the way up] and he's much better now.

15. ...double post of doom.

16. I also find my Lune easier to pose than my Breakaway.. ?o_o?... No kicky crazy kill-you legs ^^; I can plop Terran down and he'll merrily stand there for hours. <3 His posing is awesome, IMHO, and I have a good range of companies to compare to ^^ To get him to sit you just have to manipulate his joint a little and it'll prop itself up-- sorta like the tab in Lovelyhouse dolls keeps them from slouching. Only problem I have with him is his head flopping, and I hear sueding fixes it right up. =) I highly recommend them, Souldoll is one of my favorite companies as far as sculpt and posability. ^^

17. I do remember hearing that the OLD souldoll boy bodies were really bad. I had a short experience with a Paris body and it was really great. I don't remember finding the sitting thing bad, and he stood SO, so well.

The hands are seperate from the wrist joints, and I pulled them out of joint a couple times ^^; but they posed really well, too

18. You'll need to suede him, but once you do, he poses quite well. Just remember that the middle joint doesn't do a damn thing other than making stringing easier. The body is very brick-like. The legs are gorgeous. I can stand mine on carpet while wearing his shoes. His feet are pretty large... but I mostly had trouble with his calves.

The other thing that was a problem with sitting I corrected by enlarging his thigh holes. I also sanded down his straining neck muscles. X3 But yeah, it's a GORGEOUS body and photos WONDERFULLY.

The wrists are a bit weird, as are the ankles. They sort of pop out of socket a lot.

They don't have the snappy kicky leg thing that CP boys do either. Once you suede their wrists their hands will stay in the position you put them in. Hmm... trying to think if there's anything else. Email me if you think of anything. :3

*goes back to cutting out patterns and watching Batman Begins*

19. When I had a Paris, the best trick he could do was that he stood SUPER well, no kicking, no folding in half. In fact I could pick him up by the neck, move him and just plunk him down on his feet and he'd stand there. (Great party trick at meetups too).

20. Oh wow, I thought I was the only one who liked that :). You aught to see one in a corset, hehe.

The Souldoll boys are excellent at standing, but sitting could use a bit of work. As for 'bobble' headedness, just restringing them with an S hook to the metal pole fixes it. That is what we did with my spouse's Souldoll girl.

Sera