1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SoulDolls? Reviews, opinions?

Jan 20, 2006

1. Here are 2 photographs I just took which show the sculpt difference between CP and Souldoll ^^.
      http://kotoba.lynseywood.com/cpsouldoll1.jpg
      http://kotoba.lynseywood.com/cpsouldoll2.jpg

I only have CP dolls and this Souldoll body, and they are quite different. I don't think the sculpt of Souldoll is as 'clean cut' as CP. The wrists and ankles are very clumsy, in my opinion. They don't have much shape. I think the thing that really lets the Souldoll bodies down are the hands and feet. I think the hands are quite deformed actually, I don't like them at all. The ball part is really 'on' the hand, and I find the hands to look massive in comparison to the body. Same with the feet, they are quite rough looking.

But, aside from me being biased about the sculpt, it's a very nice body. I love his tummy and even his psycho rips. He looks much more mature when stood next to a CP body. I've had no problems standing him either, no kick leg at all! *_* His arms are also easily posed, but I don't know if it's because of how the previous owner strung him (he's so tight he creaks, literally). Resin quality = absolutley fine. Nice, solid, heavy body. It's true that he doesnt have much poseability in his torso, but that hasn't bothered me so far.

2. Hey Kurosakura :D

Izzy can stand fine, but what really screws it up is the ankle and hand joints. I noticed the hands dont have a lot of posability, and maybe I have to suede his ankles, but they dont hold poses.

His knees tend to buckle, but other then that hes lovely :D

3. Thanks again for the comments. Hmmm.... while I'm not so worried about the posing/standing abilities now, I'm not so sure I like the way his body actually looks. I feel like its too needlessly bumpy. Bleh. This sucks because I really love Lupinus's face. But body-wise I really love Dollti D's....

4. I have a Souldoll paris

He stands wonerfully.
      [​IMG]
      Note that he is leaning against the wall but He's been standing like that all day ^_^
      hehe He is very easy to stand and pose. He has a little trouble sitting up but if you just lean his upper torso foreward a tad he sits perfectaly ^_^

He seems like a more relaxed doll then my friends El. . . . just becuse of the was he stands and poses. Much less uptight looking.

5. Yes, as Zoi_no_miko said, the older body wasn't so great. It's sculpt and joints weren't nearly as nice as the new body. I'm not sure about posing, as I only know a handful of people with old bodied Souldoll boys.

They do stand and pose well. I personally own one Lune and an older March Berry. I've played with Soulkids in person. They are all made well, their resin is a lovely color and good quality, and the faceups are beautiful. For myself, there are more positives than negatives. Then again, I am a huge Souldoll fan.

If the newer body is too ripped, it could be sanded down while still keeping the nice posing. And fixing the sitting problem the way batchix mentioned. So it is very possible to fix those issues you may have with the body.

6. How is the weight compared to cp bodies?

7. I personally love Souldolls
      I have a UFK Paris and he is so sturdy! Well...could be my stringing and all but he can stand on 1 feet with no problem, cross his arms very nicely and yeah...just basically stand and stand and stand (not to mention looking hot at the same time ^_~)

But, he does then to have a bit of a bad posture when sitting...leans back a bit i mean.

So yeah, much love on Souldoll bodies <3<3

8. Here we go: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56263

That is a theme edition Lune that just went up on the marketplace. He has the older body style - very different from what they have now. But this particular boy is a great doll either way since he was one of their theme dolls.

As for weight, the Souldoll body isn't quite as dense feeling as the CP bodies. The Souldoll bodies have a good weight to them, yes, but it's not as compacted as the CP bodies. If that makes sense?

9. Yep the older boy for sale is mine he has the older style body... it has some posing issues..... but he stands and sits fine as others have said. I'd keep him just I want to do a bunch of photo stories with him and his lover and I'd like him to be able to pose a bit easier.

thekittybox..... you know you want him XD. Hehe just kidding.

10. I have a SoulDoll Paris (Finrael, the lad in my avatar) as well as Eric, my CP Shiwoo, and the first thing I noticed when I took him out of his box was that he's much heavier than Eric. He poses like a dream though; stands perfectly and is rock-steady. He isn't sueded or wired, either; I haven't even restrung him.

He won't sit bolt upright from the hips, I've noticed, but the body is jointed at the upper torso and he looks fine (and balances fine) if I just tilt the upper torso forwards into vertical, which is a more realistic and natural pose than ramrod straight anyway.

He's certainly a lot more buff than the CP boys! But not as muscle-bound as the Volks SD16 body.

Finrael was an impulse buy that I don't regret at all - I'd not looked twice at SoulDoll before I saw him on eBay, but I'm delighted with him. :)

11. XD If I could get another doll, I would so love another Lune.

12. I think the Soul Doll body is more realistic looking. The CP looks more like a child body....

13. I very much disagree. The CP boy body has a six-pack - how many children do you see with six-packs? The SoulDoll body is just more muscular - it's the "jock" body to the CP "emo-kid". :lol:

14. Good point!

15. So i'm curious about souldolls but more specifically the gals. I'm considering getting one and want to know more about souldoll. So far i've heard good reviews. :) i tried searching for it...but didnt get much. I'm like search dumb or something. hahaha! XD but anywho, i'd greatly appreciate it if someone could give me the run-down on them...

like do you like them?

Hows the resin quality?

are they hard to pose?

How do they look with a cp boy?

Are they flexiable?

Heavy?

Is it hard to find clothes for the females in particular? or can they share most SD girl clothes from various companies and artisans?

Stuff like that. Thanks ahead of time for the help!! :D :aheartbea

16. I don't personally have one, but I am around my friend's Clara a lot, and I must say that I find her a delight. She has a lot of personality in her.

Her resin quality is very good, it doesn't seem to yellow very much at all, which is always a plus.

She is reasonable easy to pose, though I have been called upon to spot for photoshoots.

I couldn't tell you how she looks with a CP boy.

She is quite flexible, and not *very* heavy, but she has a nice sturdy, solid feel to her.

It seems to me that most clothes will fit her, as my friend certainly has a lot of clothes for her. ^-^ She does have rather large bum, though, which could make trousers difficult.

If you want to know more, you could ask my friend. Her DoA name is Wolfie. :) She could probably tell you a lot more than I could. I just had to comment, though, because I really enjoy her Souldoll, and wanted to put in a good word. :)

17. Hi, I havn't a girl body, but a boy one and it's very poseable, a bit more heavy than the Luts, the resin is very good to and it's a pleasure to play with, so I suppose it's the same for the girls. Hope it will help you :)

18. thanks for the comments guys, so far i've heardnothing but good news!! how exciting!!

19. I have a girl (Clara) and a boy (Lune) I love them both. I am considering getting two or three more souldolls. They stand like rocks...I can almost throw their legs straight and throw them at a table and they will stand for hours...Their posing is great the arms hold a pose as well as their legs. The sculpt of the bodies is nice. The girl body basically can wear Luts girls size things...she is a little smaller in the waist but ...over all not too much difference. PM me if you want any pictures.

20. Love them! I've got a Lupinus and a Miryu, and I'm waiting for my two newest, a Chorin and a Yewon. Their resin is lovely, and I really like their body sculpt. I know some people find the boy body "lumpy", but I love it. Souldolls do have quite a bit of booty, like Uadjit said. It looks great in jeans! And they pose really well. I highly recommend them!