1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SoulDolls? Reviews, opinions?

Jan 20, 2006

1. Sounds great! RIngo isnt the most stable thing...so to hear they stand like rocks is music to my ears! Great to hear they can wear luts clothes...seems to be the most common ones around...how about volks? sd13 i think? or is it 10? dunno. Will PM later. BTW i love the Soo in your avatar. shes pretty!

I did think the body looked a little lumpy...but it probably looks better in person, and well everyone has their own quirks right? :P Oh noes! More bubble butts! Joan wont be the only girl with junk in the trunk. Hahaha! Thank you so much!

2. Clara definately have a curvy body :D She fit in all the sd clothes I bought

3. I get to play with my partner's Souldoll Reese on a daily bases. They are definitely great dolls, made of quality resin. She stands like a dream, and poses well. I like the hands alot because she can make cute gestures with them. She's as tall as a SD10 girl, but longer in the legs (hence slightly shorter in the torso too). She's light weight, and also the smallest 60cm range doll that we have. Her feet are a little bigger, so she tends to stretch shoes just a bit so they fit.

Sera~

4. Ah! Thanks very much for the info!! :D

5. Thankies Karin! She's such a pretty girl...which is strange cause i'm not usually a fan of pouty broody girls. lol!

6. I only have a boy, but here goes (in case it's helpful). The resin is an attractive pale peachy color and slightly rougher in texture than some of my other dolls. He stands very well and is a pretty good poser, though he doesn't have quite as much range of motion as some of my other guys have. He's fairly heavy as well. Souldoll was nice to order from--I believe he came in about three weeks of my ordering (and that was during a sale), and they were very sweet and gave me a free set of eyes to make up for taking so long (I didn't think it was long too wait, but hey). I'm definitely very happy with my Paris.

7. Thanks!!! Paris is a very handsome boy!! :)

8. Thanks for discussing the quality of SoulDoll dolls everyone! I ordered my Haruki (Haoul) not long ago before I realised that SD dolls are not very very popular... and I couldn't find many threads on their quality and I was a little worried ;x.x! But now I feel that Haoul is absolutely perfect *hearts*~ I can't wait till he arrives >3<!

9. ;) Glad to be useful. lol! Yeah the sticker shock is beggining to wear off for me. lol!

10. I don't have a SoulDoll girl, and like chiyochi mentioned, SoulDolls are not very popular, so searching
      for anything specific might be hard (like when you want to see what they look like in certain wigs, or
      eyes it'll be hard to get any response).

I love my Paris, and I think out of the three types of resin I've seen in real life, and own,
      I love his the best. It almost looks like real skin, and looks beautiful in natural light (also
      in artificial light, but it seems to 'glow' under sunlight). I love the body and face sculpt, they are very detailed and
      the boy body looks almost like a rock-star type-body. Well sculpted abs, trim arms, and overall small frame.
      I think you'll love your SoulDoll girl.

-Enzyme:)

11. *feels all special for being mentioned* Well, as Uadjit said, I am a proud Clara owner and have been for about a year and half now ^^ She was my first doll (her name is Adrienne), and is a true delight every time I look at her :)

Hows the resin quality?
      My girl's resin is GREAT! Very nice texture, smooth without looking shiny, and a lovely peach color that photographs wonderfully and while it sometimes looks white it never seems yellow. She has also never shown signs of even the slightest yellowing, and she's fully six months older than my Kid Delf boy who has yellowed so much it makes me sad to look too closely at his color ;_; I will warn that I have seen some wonky resin on a friend's Soulkid, but with my girl there's never been any kind of complaint on resin ^^

are they hard to pose?
      She's not as flexible as I might like, but she stands wonderfully and with tons of wonderful attitude XD

How do they look with a cp boy?
      Small. But not at all bad ^^ Here's some shots of Adrienne with my friend's El, Luka--one sitting and one standing.

Are they flexible?
      Like I said, not as much as I would like--but then, I'm totally spoiled by my SDC boy XD Actually, flexibility and that bubble butt are my only real complaints about her!

Heavy?
      Pleasantly solid-feeling in your arms, but not unpleasantly heavy ^^ Lighter than CP boys, but not so light you worry about her.

Is it hard to find clothes for the females in particular? or can they share most SD girl clothes from various companies and artisans?
      Clothes... Can be a struggle. I worry a lot about fit, and while I've never found anything to be too small except for one set of Dollfie Dream lingerie, they do tend to be too big for her. Volks clothes are particularly huge, and while I like the look of her pair of Luts girl jeans they are still big. Dollmore Youth Eve girls and DOT girls are the closest in measurements, so I always look for things sized for them specifically.

For wigs, however, you're in for a challenge *_* Souldoll heads are TINY! My girl has yet to get a wig that really fits properly ;_; It's 8.5in around in wig-size, but 8-9 is a hard size to find and even those can end up too big for that little round noggin. Someday I hope to find a stretchy 7-8 that might do, but for now tons of rubberbands and velcro are my only hope for her head :\

As mentioned, her butt is HUGE. Like, you can't even envision it. No matter how much you prepare yourself ahead of time, you will be shocked the first time you see it. Also, she tends to look a bit awkward when naked, at least to me--but her body is to die for once she's dressed, even if she's not wearing much! She especially has a sexy stomach XD

Oh, one more thing! The color match of Souldoll and CP NS is very very close, and the she can wear CP boy hands if you are as freaked out by her regular hands as I was XD CP girl hands are too small in the joint, but boy hands are a perfect fit--every picture in my livejournal of her, she's wearing them ^^ (LJ link in my sig)

Hope that helped and I hope you decide in her favor, because Souldoll girls are a dream come true!

12. As for wigs in the above mentioned sizes, Cancan wigs are stretchy, easily maintained and gorgeous, also come in those hard sizes. I have an 8-9 wig on my El, that's how stretchy the cap is, but it's a tight stretch, believe me :)

13. Since we are on the topic of wigs for their smaller heads, I figure I'd toss this in: Monique Gold lable wigs in size 7-8 fit great.

Sera~

14. Thanks! Thats all really helpful information! :D I love paris hes sooo handsome...and lune too! :P

WOW! Talk about a wealth of information! Pics included. THANK YOU SO MUCH! that helped enormesly!! I'm so glad to hear that she's so well loved. Your Adriene is beautiful as well! I'm doomed for dolls with bubble butts! Hahaha! Joan has a bubble butt, and to this day i have yet to find her pants. Poor tomboy with no pants. Hahaha! Mmm..i think i wont be disapointed. and

glad to hear the boy hands match...i have an extra set incase i'm not satisifed with hers...dont they look to manly though?

She comes with 2 trix wigs...i was just curious about 2 that i had laying around the house. i guess i'll figure something out. thanks! :D

Awesome! I'll keep an eye out. i want a purple one for her as well! :P

Thank you! you all have been a wonderful wonderful help! :D i Think she's coming home...it will be awhile, but shed definatly going on layaway!! :D thanks for all the help guys!

15. I really think they suit my girl better than her original hands, but then again she's a pretty tough chick XD Keep in mind that the Souldoll body has distinctly well-sculpted muscles, even if they're not too evident in pictures, and because of that well-defined hands work just fine ^^ But again, feel free to check out my LJ for more pictures of her and see if you like the look of her hands--if you look in the tags bar there's an 'Adrienne photos' tag and all her entries are tagged there.

16. Thanks again for so much help! XD

17. Just felt like chatting again about them! :D

18. You can see how lovely souldoll resin looks around 5pm in my sig :lol:

19. Bumpity bumpity bumpers! XD