Special Shoulder Joints

Jun 23, 2018

1. Hello, all!

I'm trying to collect a list of dolls that have special shoulder joints. By this I don't mean the typical single ball and socket style joint of most bjds, but jointing systems that try to imitate the natural movement of a real person's shoulder in order to allow shrugging, increased arm movement, etc. So far I have:

Pasha Pasha dolls
      Marmite Sue dolls
      Ancient Tales new 1/4 Fashion dolls
      Bimong new Narae body (1/4 and I believe 1/3 as well)

Some bjds have an extra "cap" on the shoulder which seems meant to aid posing (I can think of many examples, such as Supia's new 65cm female body, the Twigling/Artifex Kindred dolls, etc.), but I'm more interested in joints similar to those of the dolls above.

Does anyone know of any other examples? I would love to see how different artists have tackled the problem of this complicated joint.

Thank you!

2. The only other one I can think of that is similar is Solar Wind Doll's Konstantin.
      He's generally an interesting sculpt, really cool knees too.

3. Thank you so much! I had never heard of this sculpt before. I love his face, and you're right that his knees look really interesting.

I'm working on my own shoulder joint design, so any example is really helpful. Thank you!