1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Spirit Doll - 2nd ver. Proud Girl Body

Aug 26, 2011

1. But what if maybe all we suggest to the company to resume thighs joints and the default hight heeled feet,or at least to leave an options to the buyer?

2. I've never owned one of these bodies so I don't know how good the old one was to pose. I did like it though, and while this one looks nice aesthetically, it's falling down on other levels. You'd think though that posing would be one of their main considerations. Especially as they develop their bodies over time and listen to customers and what other companies are doing.

3. It may be worth writing to Spiritdoll asking them to change or add extra options? ^^

4. I secon this dear, maybe enquire to the company ofr an options would be great and could give a good change for those that like the older body much ;)

5. I've been toying about messaging them about the thigh joints, for both girl body types. They won't know it's a concern for their customers if no one confronts them about it, now will they? :/ I remember stalking the Rosette thread and reading how Soom tried to ninja out the waist joint without warning on one of the bodies, but enough people spoke up against it they brought it back. I don't know if Spirit Doll would consider similiar but it's worth a shot at least.

Hmm, it would've been nice if they'd of at least continued sale of the version 1 body for a while longer before phasing it out or at least a warning beforehand they were changing it, or something. I dunno. I know would be pretty devastated if they trashed the current elegance body for something new out of the blue D: I'm still a bit in shock at the changes as is...

6. Is it just me or is the 2nd Version of the Proud male also different, especially in the hip joint? The torso also looks thicker or larger and the knees are different. Sorry that this isn't relevant to the girl's body, but I think they may have also changed a little of the 2nd version proud male. Maybe it's just me... :/ And I'm not really into the new body of the girl either. She seems to have limited mobility now. :|

7. Perhaps we should all leave messages on their board...do they have a board?

8. I have really mixed feelings about the new Proud girl body. I'm happy the collar bones aren't so harsh and pointy. And I think some of the sculpting is really pretty. But really not happy about the lack of mobility joint in the thigh. Spiritdoll has one of the best engineered mobility joints around. I totally dislike that one-piece high heeled leg thing. I thought it was a bad idea when Volks came out with it, and I think it's still a bad idea.

I liked the bust options of the old Proud girl and hope they'll still offer it with the new body. I notice both the new Proud girl and boy bodies seem to be a little "thicker" than the earlier ones. Honestly, I'm sorry to see it go in that direction. Everyone seems to be copying Iplehouse. Not everyone is a fan of Iplehouse bodies! I wish they still offered the v. 1 girl and boy bodies.

If I can find my password for the forum or Q&A area, I'll definitely ask about a mobility joint for the new Proud girl body.

Feeling kind of ambivalent right now about this new body.

Jay

9. Yes they do have one,i've yet left one regarding the body,it's not the nicest message of the world,but i've done in the heat of the moment ^^"
      We need to log into the forum and then leave a message..i've done it already.

bunny77 i will check what you said maybe you're right...

Jay i agree with you completely,i love the femine shape of the v1 proud girl body..i've asked to the company already,feel free to do the same,if we mass complaining they can't not relate to our opinions.

10. I agree about talking to the company. I'm not real keen on the solid, high-heeled leg. I like my dolls to be able to wear flat shoes without needing to swap their feet all the time.

The missing swivel thigh, more than anything, seems like a step backward. I've never seen a company remove that particular joint. It looks like they might have added a slot or something, so she might still be able to do some poses, but it doesn't seem like she has the same range of motion in the thigh as the older body should have.

Other than that, the body sculpt does look smoother and more realistic.

11. Kymera i agree at 100% with what you've said.

12. Okay...so here's a thread of someone's Spiritdoll body for the boy:

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?348686-SSDF-amp-new-Spiritdoll-bodies-please!&p=7745672#post7745672

A
      nd then here's the one for the body on the official site:

http://spiritdoll.net/node/123

T
      he torso looks kinda bigger/thicker, and the hip joint doesn't fit smoothly like how the one in the first link is. And the knees in the 2nd has been modified.

Sorry again, not related to the girl body, but I think he's been modified as well with the new girl?

13. I can't tell with the torso, since I'm not hugely familiar with the male proud body I'm not a good judge on it - but they did do a jointing "upgrade" with all of their bodies so there would some changes on it too, yes.

14. It's smaller, you think so? The new body's legs look fuller to me...

I wonder if more people request it by emailing them, they would do special orders of the 1st version body? I remember sometime ago, they did special orders for one of their discontinued male heads....

15. While I do like the new knee joints, I suppose what disappoints me about the new Proud girl body is that, in addition to removing some of the features that were the old body's strong points (effective thigh mobility joint, separate and easily swapped heel feet), Spiritdoll didn't really improve upon some of the features of the old body that could have used some tweaking, like the shoulders (which sometimes can look like they're shrugged upwards a bit too much, from certain angles) and the not-so-natural-looking cylindrical shape of the wrist area.

The same goes for the upgraded Proud male body; the complaint I heard the most often from owners and potential buyers about the previous version was that the arms were a bit too thin to look appropriate for such a buff torso, and the neck was similarly too thin and sloped forward a tad too much. The new version does not address either of these issues, and instead just fiddled a bit with the lower body. While I could understand if Spiritdoll didn't want to mess with the neck circumference because it might involve having to adjust the heads as well, I do feel that the arms could definitely use some overhaul.

This is just my two cents, but since I'm long-winded, I suppose it's more like a nickel's worth. ^^;;

16. I compltely agree with you, thank you everyone for sharing their opinion here,
      seems that this new body going with in the same direction of Popodoll female body, i mean thighs joints removed, and one leg peace, i don't like even if i've heard horros stories about the Aria doll body that use the same peace...
      and do not worry at all Bunny27, i do belive that even if you related some link to the boy body it useful the same, and i see some main difference in the male knee too,
      now what we con do is, post on the company board to let them know that we wish an option, if some likes more the new body sculpt are more than welcome, but some othre prefer the older version more.
      Or maybe a petition?I collect opinion.

17. You're right Bunny!!!Gosh..only now i notice the difference in the knees joints..are completely different!!!What you think to open a different thread to discuss even of the male body?

krystina what i mean is that in the V2 body there is not avaible to smaller bust breast size but maybe i'm wrong..i got in confusion...the V2 it's surely bigger that the V1...

18. I....actually like the new knee joints *hides* I have a male spirit doll, and I find the changes to the male body completely posative. Would have been great for them to update those scrawny wrists as well though. As for the one piece legs on the female body...would a change like that help with standing or make it worse?

19. Tagi i don't know..but i'm quite scared by this one sinlge ankle piece..i mean how is supposed to be attached to the leg?
      My concern is this:if the foot does not move how is supposed to be balanced?
      I own several fashion dolls,taller fashion in resin as Sybarite and they aren't able to stand on thei feet even if they wear heeled shoes..i don't know if could be different for a bjd in the size of 66cm..
      I'm pretty depressed to be honest..i was saving for the female body and now this..i guess that i shall find another solution..

20. No dear no need to hiding that's what i thought when i stated that the company could offers both version of those bodies this new one and the older one,
      personally speacking about the female body i don't like thighs joint missing and the one peace leg as in my pov would be much more hard to balanced...also SpiritDoll might emproove the shoulders and the legs, and i don't see that something chance in that way...