1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Spirit Doll - 2nd ver. Proud Girl Body

Aug 26, 2011

1. Oh no...I'm pretty unhappy about this. I was planning on getting the *now former* proud body for Edria, when she is released. I saw a picture of the resin match/proportions and was completely in LOVE. And now it's just sold out, that's it? Was there a notice? I feel frustrated I didn't know, I would have ordered the old body before it sold out... :|

2. How i understand you...no notice from the company befare the former/older body was put off from sale,
      the only thing we can do is told to them that we like the older body much more.

3. It's a nice body, but it seems totally generic to me. That skinny girl body was the most unique thing about Spiritdoll, but I guess they felt the need to follow the ipletrend. :/ I posted a note on their board to ask them to consider offering the first version body as well. We can't vote with our dollars if there's no Buy button to click! :)

4. I agree, I think the sculpting's nice but the super slimness of the older version was one of the things I liked most about it and had characterized it. I feel like taking out the thigh joint makes it look a bit more generic as well >:

Though I wonder when they'll even notice our complaints, was their communication always horridly bad or is it a more recent development? @_@ They haven't even been on the forums since June if I'm reading this right (and not since February on the Chinese forums...) and the last reply from them I am seeing on their guestbook was on a comment in July bleh. It looks like they've probably been quite busy with all of the new bodies they're making and the updates and new limiteds(?) but they should really be checking by their customers once in a while at the least e_e

5. At least if they announced the changes in advance, people would have a chance to get the ver. 1 body. I've got the Elegance girl body (before these changes) on the way and the next one I was planning to get the Spiritdoll Proud girl body. But not the ver. 2.

And I, as many others, don't like the overall trend when female bodies are less articulated than male bodies.
      There is no reason for it. If somebody put an effort to the body development, they can make a nice flexible (female) body.

There was a petition (link) for Soom to return flexibility to their Rosette dolls, and it was a success. Maybe if more people leave a message on their board, or create a petition, they may consider offering both bodies (= the best option if possible imo).

6. I think I will email them, as I'm not on their forum. Come on Spiritdoll, dont let us down! :sweat

7. I think we can create a thread on Spiritdoll board and we can vote for the older body,
      sooner or later when some of the company will dare to browse the board they will see how many prefer the oder version best.
      I do agree Tsukasa if the company put a note on their web site someone could order the old version body before they discountinued it....
      I agree with S.James and Renarys too this new body seems generic.

8. Tsukasa is completely right,maybe we can make a list of members that doesn't like the change and the sent to Spirit doll,or maybe post in their board,i'm registered and would not be an hassle to post a message in theri board.

9. I love the new body but Im very sad to see the 1st version gone - I loved all the skinnes about it and the small bust version!
      The new body is very different so I dont get why dont keep them both available?

I will definitelly join voting to make the 1st version body available again, many people are sad its gone it seems!!!

10. I'm totally agree.

Let's write on their board and send them e-mails asking for offering both versions. May be they will continue selling the first ver. body, if they see so much people are interesting in it.

11. This is the best thing to do,just write to them and ask to give options between the V1 body and the V2 body,or at least to use the same joints system also on the newer body..i love how it looked the v1 body..definitely there is nothing woring in the V2 but simply the V1 was better in my opinion.

12. I am SO ANGRY over the changes. I wanted to get the girl body and mod it to a boys for my Camphor. This body is stupid! I don't want a Barbie doll body I want a resin body that's poseable!

Now I'll get the head alone and get a Loongsoul body instead. It's MUCH nicer.

13. What i can say is that i really didn't get why this new body is so limited in joints....

14. I'm sharing your same feelings about this..write them in mail or into their forum and let's see what will happens...

15. I wrote to their forum.

And reading another forum I just realized thats the old body was 66cm too :doh

I thought it was 68! :?

Till there is no difference in height Im satisfied.

Now Id just wish they made the same body with 9cm neck instead of 10cm. As option naturally.

16. I'm so unhappy :(, I was planning on taking a proud body for my Rouge head, but I don't like at all the new one.

17. Weird. You can still ad the old body to an order. I wonder if they'll give you once last chance to get the body...

Though, has anyone EVER gotten a reply from them?

18. I think that selling both the bodies is the best choice to go for ^^
      I am really interested in everything Spiritdoll makes, this body is really nice and it looks like you can exchange from not joined ankles to joined ankles whenever you want, as Ariadoll body (which I own).
      Maybe, for the fans of double joint, first version is better =) They should keep both on sale.
      Anyway, I am happy 'cause I am not very fond of double joined knee, so this is a reason for me to purchase the whole doll/the body sooner =)

19. That is the point:
      i see no reason to step back like this for a company like spirit doll that offered since the start nice and beautiful double jointed body.
      Indeed the easthetic has its reasons, but i do not get the fruitlessy easthetic.
      Surely the V2 version is in the lap of people who prefers the single joints body,but the buyers of Spirit dolls are happy with the double jointed V1 body,i don't see the reason for this radical change.

Recently Intergrity Toys presented the first line of double jointed fashion dolls called Fashion Royalty Squared (FR2) and people liked it very much.I suppose that BJD should be even more posable than a fashion dolls made in vulgar plastic.

20. I wondering the same as seems that SpiritDoll didn't reply since a while, we need to be consisted and keep on posting our opinion.
      About the older body that is still avaible odd, but at least it's a sort of last chance....

I respectfully disagree, i don't wish to been offensive towards Ariadoll fans, and i apologies since the start, but honestly i don't see nothing such innovative on their bodies,and in their sculpt, the female scupt are really naive and young, mostly in manga style,
      the lack of joints of Ariadoll female body really put down my interest in this company and dolls too, even the one leg peace with hight heeled feet is completely usuless, the doll cannot stand alone, so what's the point?Just for the beauty of the eyes?
      As i've said i'm looking for posability in bjd as aren't fashion dolls, or Barbie, and at least Integrity Toys sells fashion dolls with double joints at knee and elbows, so even in the standard toys hobby there's more room for posability instead of the aestetic.
      Also i love to play and pose with my dolls, and without the thighs joint it's almost impossible to get the right balance, surely those that are used to single joints could be happy, but i don't see actually nothing that should be changed in the older body, if we're looking for BJD as figure toys than maybe this kind of body with limited joints or single joints could be great, but in my humble opinion bjd are supposed to be more than just display dolls.