1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Spirit Doll Acer, Firson & Camphor

Dec 17, 2009

1. Ah, good! I seem to mislead/confuse people sometimes (just recently learned I do that).:sweat
      On the other subject, for me it’s always proportions, who knew I would care after all these years.

I’m glad to hear Spirit Doll normal resin does match most Minimee, solves your question and
      probably helps a good deal of other Minimee owners as well. ^______^

- Enzyme

2. My NS Minimee is on a WS spirit body and the match is excellent:

[​IMG]

3. Pretty nice body, I kinda wish it was ever so slightly curvier, but that's nothing major. The joints look really nice!

On the subject of resin matching, does anyone have any idea if any of their resin colours match Angelheim or dollshe?

4. Wooooooww... Firson! I love him. Like instant love. He reminds me of Chrom and Io a little bit. I would really love to have him in tan someday! :D

5. New Dollshe, the orientalskin is a good match for Volks. See the Volks/Spiritdoll matching pic further up the thread. Old Dollshe is a lot harder to match. But there are some examples of old Dollshe on Spirit Doll bodies in the galleries. You might check?

Angelheim I have no idea.

6. Hmm, I like the look of the new body... but I honestlywas going to save for the old body. I need a skinny boy! Alas.... atleast I'll still get and Abies head before they're gone.... the new boys thoguh! Yum

7. Yay new Spirit guys!!! :dance

I love Firson! Im not sure about the rest, I think I need to see them with different face ups.

The new body is stunning, but its 1,5cm shorter then previous one.

I dunno Id like if they left the option between new and older body types.

And I still dont understand why they need to discontinue Echium and Abies.
      Esp. Echium, he is just perfect. :(

The new boys are nice but a bit too "standart"...

8. Oh, if he only had even an 11cm neck he'd be so perfect. *sigh*

9. I wonder if the tan resin on the new bodies will match the old....................if so, I may need to upgrade one of my guys to the new body. Looks like they changed the elbow joint! That was the only thing that really bugged me about the old bodies. I really like the look of the new body!

10. That is a lovely new body they've released! I really liked some of their sculpts before but the old body was just too skinny for my tastes. This is amazing.. O_O I've been searching for the right 70cm body for a while now.

11. I'm gonna go do a search, but thought I'd ask here first. Anybody know if spiritdoll tan resin matches volks sunlight or domuya tan?

12. Angelheim pure white is too light, much lighter than spirit, but it seems the ordinary white skintone could fit.

13. Does anyone know if these beautiful heads would work on ordinary SD bodies? I really couldn't handle a 70 cm boy! O.O

14. For some reason, my mind keeps coming back to the idea that the Camphor head would look spectacular on the girl body. Not that he doesn't make a fine and attractive boy, but something about those facial features also says "female elegance" like no other. Does anyone know how much wiggle room we have with neck size when it comes to Spirit Doll heads and/or bodies?

15. Wow, the new body looks really great. :o Would like to see some photos in different positions (especially the 3-part torso).
      And if this body can match some of my dream heads, than it’s a hot candidate for spending my money next year.

16. Wish the pictures of the new heads were a little better... I really can't see what Camphor looks like very well. Profile shots please! (They're so important!)

Hmm... There's things I like and don't like about the new body... I just wish they'd left the option of buying their old skinnier bodies as well (and Abies and Eichum. I hope at least that they'll keep selling their heads separately)
      I think one of the biggest things making me cautious about this body, is.... clothing it. :sweat
      It's the same thing that made me leery of the DBDoll body. Their bodies just aren't a standard size. :/ Maybe in the future it'll be easier to find clothing... I don't know, the arms look a little strange, I think maybe it's the inner bicep area. (they are on the short end of a normal human range though...) The neck seems too long, but maybe that's just me. I'd sand it down a ways.

Some pictures of the body posing also would be nice.

It IS very nice and muscly though, I bet it'd look amazing blushed. Other pluses are that the elbows and knees are double jointed, and the torso is a three-part (or maybe even four-part). For the most part I like the look of the body, it might be good for my more muscular character.

I think I'd have to see owner pictures before I could make up my mind either way.

17. They still have the older bodies on the website incase anyone wants them. It's just something about the new bodies and the back of the neck that is odd to me. I mean the new body looks great, but when they show it at the back and you can see the neck and how thick it is.....to me it just looks weird sorta.

18. Ooooh, I like the look of that body - I wonder if it'd work for my poor floating Aubrey... :D

I am so tempted to get Camphor and Freesia in NS, stick Aubrey on the boy body, and let the Spiritdoll heads take turns being elegant ladies. X3

19. When I'm looking at the side shot, this neck does not look thin.
      I too am looking for Minimee matches in size and color.
      Here's the resin-matching thread listing compiled by Sakura Lee.
      The larger thread has a lot of comments about proportions too.
      Part one of the list:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3614255&postcount=740

Part two of the list, also includes bad matches:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3614258&postcount=741

And the larger thread:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3614258#post3614258

If you search that thread, you'll find one person here, who matched a WS Spiritdoll girl body with a NS Minimee head:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5206815&postcount=1341

Which leaves anybody with a WS Minimee head puzzled what to do next, but hey, at least there's a potential NS Minimee match. Also, that is not included in Sakura's list yet, I believe.

20. I'm confused now XD, some say NS Spirit will match NS minimee. Then other say WS Spirit matches NS minimee XD

sixpence668, could you tell me more about them :) Does the body has a slight tint of yellow? And what about the head? From what I've seen in your pic, it looks like the head is yellowish. I got a minimee head around April 2009, and it's peachy.