1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Spirit Doll Acer, Firson & Camphor

Dec 17, 2009

1. I can answer about the minimee matches. The first lot of NS minimee heads were almost whitish as were the bodies. If you get one of the Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt heads, they're more of a creamy white than normal skin. Then they changed the resin of the normal skin to match Volks/Soom etc which is why some people will be able to match a NS minimee head to a WS spirit doll body. They've simply got one of the earlier heads.

Also has anyone noticed the difference in chest size - they've added 9cm around his chest. I'm looking forward to seeing the body. I want to get an Abies head if possible.

2. 9cm more around the chest?
      Oh well when I put an SSDF suit on my Thorn - its too wide for him in the chest so I guess its good that the new body is broader.

Im a bit unsure about the height though, Spirit male heads are huge, even on the 72cm body my Thorn has, it looks more "manga" and less "real".

3. I like the new body, for the most part. The one thing I liked more about the old body was the joint between the torso and the hips. The old torso joint had rounded edges and fit smoothly into the hip-piece. The new one just kind of sits on top. I kind of think that it would make weird, hard edges when you have to move it to pose. Other than that, it does look pretty good.

4. I didn't see it earlier. Thanks! Shall be ordering from them soon ~ :)

5. i really like this new body and the new faces! (i'm currently saving to get a Frison) but i was wondering dose anyone know if they are still sending the spirit doll bags with their dolls? there is no mention of this on there page... and curious, as i want to know if i need to look for a doll bag....

6. I'm guessing they don't because they specifically mention doll box and blankets.

7. I read in one of the Spiritdoll forum threads that they don't send the bags anymore, but you can still purchase one (black only) for $35... This was a while ago, though, so things may have changed...

8. oh ok thank you hobby sue, i thought it was strange it wasn't mentioned....

and thanks Mokarran, i might have to look at buying one now...

thanks guys!

9. Hello, just some info on the new body if anybody's interested!^^

I just received my 2nd version proud boy body in NS - after only 23 days and the holidays in between! Wow. He came in a card board box with cushions, btw.

I have a Thorn head I bought from Spirit doll back when they were just starting out, also in NS.
      Those two NS tones are quite different in lightness! The recent NS is much lighter than the old one, my old head almost looks like light tan compared to the new body. I don't know when they switched,though.
      But since the "undertones" of the color are similar, I've decided to put head and body together anyway. A lot of people have a darker face complexion compared to their body skin color. Blushing will help, too, of course.

I must say I'm quite besotted with the new body. It's just beautifully sculpted and seems to pose well, though I'm just beginning to explore it.

A little anecdote before I finish... they sent the body with three erect option parts (one was double) and no flaccid one. Suddenly I have a very excited Majid on my hands! ^____^

10. Mandagore thanks for the info! I'd love to see how the older heads look on the new body. Does the head look more proportional? They always looked a bit big on the scrawnier type 1 bodies...

11. Congrats on getting the body, Mandagore!! I've been drooling over this body for sometime now and something tells me that I'll be getting this body for my next boy. lol.

By the way,
      does anyone know which size clothing would fit this body?
      Dollmore model doll size? Hound size? DOI size? DZ 70cm size?
      Any info on clothing the body will be so very helpful!!! XD

12. Going by measurements, I'm thinking Luts SSDF (everything except shoes) would fit the best (they're both very large in the chest... Larger than most 70cm, but not as large as EID). Loose-fitting large 70cm (DOI or DZ?) might work... Maybe Mecha Angel shirts? Pants would probably be too long...

... Now this is all said with the assumption we believe the company's measurements:roll:

Spirit ver. 2 measurements:
      Height: 70 cm
      Girth of the head: 22 cm
      Girth of the neck: 10.5 cm
      Width of the shoulder: 16 cm
      Length of the arms: 21 cm
      Girth of the chest: 32.5 cm
      Girth of the waist: 23 cm
      Girth of the hips: 29.5 cm
      Length from shoulder to hip: 20 cm
      Girth of the thigh: 17 cm
      Girth of the calf: 12 cm
      Length from bellybutton to foot: 45 cm
      Length of the feet: 8.5cm

SSDF measurments:
      * Height : 70.5cm (head included)
      * Girth of head : 22cm
      * Girth of neck : 10.5cm
      * Girth of chest : 31cm
      * Girth of waist : 23.5cm
      * Girth of hips : 28.5cm
      * Length of "from shoulder to wrist" : 21cm
      * Length of back : 15cm
      * Girth of ankle : 9cm
      * Foot : 9.5cm

Mecha Angel measurements:
      Height : 80cm
      Head Circumference : 24cm
      Neck Circumference : 11cm
      Chest Circumference : 31.5cm
      Shoulder Width : 13cm (I think this is without arms XD)
      Arm Length : 21cm
      Wrist Circumference : 6cm
      Hip Length : 28cm
      Thigh Circumference : 16cm
      Leg Length : 40cm
      Ankle Circumference : 9cm
      Feet Length : 8.3cm

I know that isn't really all that helpful, but I don't think many people have the body yet to try things on...

13. I wonder if somebody can provide information on whether old Dollshe heads or perhaps the new heads can be placed onto the new body? I am thinking to put my Hound head on the Spiritdoll new body, since I feel like replacing the old Dollshe body. >_<

14. Nnnnnngh. Boy do I LOVE this body. So many nice ones coming out lately. But this one is waaaayyyyy up there. I wonder if it would work for one of my rolling heads? Does anybody here have a V.2 Proud body and a Soom MD? I'm wondering, specifically, if the animal legs can fit into the Spiritdoll knee socket. I have hybridizing on my mind, yes I do....

15. This body is stunning, I'd love to know if DollShe freshskin or oriental skin would go well with the SpiritDoll NS.

16. I'd like to know if the new Dollshe heads fit on the new Spiritdollbody? (size-wise, not skin color-wise)

17. I really want this body! I'm wondering if it would match the resin of IOS pink skin?

Edited to add:

I've changed my order to IOS normal skin. I'm going to email Spiritdoll about their resin match with IOS.

18. Mandagore, I'd really love to see your pics of the new Spiritdoll body.

Also, does anybody want to start a GO mainly for the Spiritdoll body?

Edited to add:

Well, I did it. I placed an order for the ver2 body. XD Screw GOs!

19. I would love to see owner pics of a Firson....

I want to get a blank WS one and make him into my Vampire Hunter D

20. I'm just grateful to have mine paid off. At least now I know definitely that I'll be getting an Abies eventually. I love the photos I'm seeing of him now. I couldn't believe they were planning to discontinue him. He's one of my favourite males around, although they haven't taken him off the website yet.