1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Spirit Doll Acer, Firson & Camphor

Dec 17, 2009

1. Wow... erm... actually didn't expect the new body but he is beautiful! I love it.... someone on my opening thread thought I should post it here! He is my first doll... the girl Saomi is my daughters and Warfrost the cow... Jasper's brother... is also involved in the opening.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Oooooh, he looks beautiful - thanks for the pictures! :D

3. Any confirmation on what fits the new body? He'll be my first boy of this size, and I'm a bit hesitant to waste money on items that might not fit.

4. My Abies head arrived with my Jade girl. I can't wait to get the male body if the girl body is anything to go by. Mine poses perfectly and is a lovely sculpt. I'm very happy with it. I don't know how well the resin will match with other dolls, it appears to go best with my I-doll Alice who is almost an Apricot resin shade. I'm going to try and take some photos of the girl large bust piece with various heads, but we've had wet weather for a while and it's due to continue so I don't think it will get done for a while.

5. My second Abies head arrived this week. What happened was...well when my first Abies head arrived I got to looking at him, and their were alot of differences between the head I received and the websites photos. So contacting them I found out that they had decided to change the Abies head, but don't have the new photos up yet
      The jawline in both heads looks similar, but the eyes (my favourite part of Abies) was drastically different. Now I've got the 'old version' head....and looking at the two together? It's odd. They are both NS but the resin colours from the old version and new version head are different, one's more yellow, one's more pink.
      But the size difference is the most dramatic.... the old version head is MUCH larger then the new version.
      I'm confused now if I ever want to uy him a body what to do.... get the 2nd version body which looks amazing? or would it fit better on the first boy version body....or would the resins match...

[​IMG]

Heres a picture to show the two heads. Old version Abies head on the left, and the newer version on the right.

6. Wow, they look like two totally different heads. o_O Did Spirit Doll mention that they were changing the older heads? Have any of the other heads changed?

7. Oh, no! That is horrible! I'm sorry, but I much preferred the old Abies. This makes me sad.

8. Oh wow, they should've announced something before sending out your order :c I kinda like the newer Abies more Was there even an post on their bbs? Now I'm curious as to what the new heads will look like.
      EDIT:
      I looked around on the Spiritdoll bbs and apparently they're discontinuing the heads.

http://spirit.getbbs.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?nid=4

But this was last year, so I don't know. Just something I found.

9. Wow they really did change the way he looked! I really liked the older head better the wide eyes made him look so innocent! The new head just seems a little off some how.

10. gigias, you're right. They sent out that notice before they released the new bodies, basically a "get it while you still can" thing... I was surprised they were still being sold, but I guess now we know why... I guess instead of completely discontinuing the heads, they've just been drastically resculpted?

I... actually kind of like this new version. Definitely not the same feel as the old version, but I'd love to see him with a faceup...

11. I'm partial to more realistic sculpts, so I do like Abies 2.0, but he lacks quite a bit of character compared to Abies 1.0. I'm with Derilan: he's lost some of his pouty innocence. Though I think the new version is probably a bit more versatile, since the face is more neutral.

Koitten - could you please post a few more angles of the heads so we can compare the two a bit better?

12. I knew they were planning on discontinueing the Abies head, which was why I ordered it to begin with. I had a sort of love hate infatuation with the Abies head on their website so I decided if he was not going to be sold anymore I would nab one up and decide later if it was love or hate. hehe.
      So yeah...they did announce they were discountinuing the head, but they did NOT announce they were drastically changing the head, OR change the pictures of it on their website. So when I ordered my head I assumed I was receiving the old verion (sad eyes on the left there) But instead I got the new version. I know there are a few others here on DOA that were in the same boat. The new version is NICE and all....but I wanted Abies for his big sad eyes and sallow cheeks.
      Thankfully for me I wrote the company when I'd gotten the new version head, they explained they had remodeled him and said if they had an old versions left they would send me one, and they did! But I really think they need to update their website and inform people of the changes so others ordering an Abies won't be disappointed.

I'll try and take a few more photos of the two as soon as I can and put them up here.

13. *bump for this question* Would SD17 size clothing fit?

14. i didnt get pics.. but the spirit NS is no where near DZ yellow-normal. my mate thinks it wont even match the DZ pink-normal either.

i also got the chance to try some DZ 70cm shoes on him, and they fit fine. (it was the the shoes from one of the Chen default outfits)

and i also tried on him the fur coat from that same outfit. i didn't think it'd fit.. but it did! and it could be done up too. it was a little snug, but its like that on my mates DZ Chen!
      [​IMG]
      sorry for crappy picture but it was bad lighting and with my phone....
      and he looked strange with it done up and wasn't overly pleased with me XD so this was the only picture i could grab.

i cant say if any other coats/outfits from DZ will work... but maybe this will help someone? i don't know if the pants will work either. he has the jeans i made for him on currently we didn't try pants swapping with the boys sorry. (besides the pants from that outfit are stretch. so i'm guessing they may fit .... the DZ Chen had to wear a belt with them else he'd flash everyone.but cant say for sure.)

oh and i measured him up... and his measurements match the site exactly! so if you had doubts like me as to if he was what they said on the site.... they were correct O_o....

15. I ordered Abies at the start of this year and received the older version (luckily). Meanwhile, I got Jade and her head looks TINY. I was a little disappointed with it because it had a touch of the old pin-head about it. I'm glad I didn't get the latest version of Abies. The older one is lovely and has so much character which is specifically why I wanted him.

16. Since her head is so small, does 8-9 wigs fit right on her or are they too big?

17. I was wondering about that. Did you order your abies head as part of that promotion they had? where you got one head with the order of a full doll? Cause I was thinking that they were putting the old heads in that to send out the last of their stock before they switch over to the new version....but I don't know. I ordered my Abies last year...well, in December, and had gotten the new version cause I ordered just the head.

18. I ordered the start of January, then the promotion started so I ordered Jade and asked for the Abies to be the free head. Then I changed my mind and got an extra large bust instead.

Jade - size 7-8 monique gold wigs fit - a bit of a stretch, but they're tight on her head and work. The 8-9 monique gold are a little loose. Luts 9-10 are fairly loose - you'd need an elastic band to keep them on. Basically, I'd work on a 8 inch head maximum so figure if you're going 8-9 it's probably going to be loosish.

I have a dollzone pink-white fox. I'm planning to try and take some photos tomorrow with my Spiritdoll large bust and a dragondoll bust. Unfortunately, the camera will full today and I can't find the computer cable to empty it. Typical. I'll post some photos with an Akando head, Volks head, Dollzone pink-white fox and other heads to show resin comparisons.

19. OH NOES! T_T
      I dont want them to change the sculpts and especially w/out any notice to customers.
      I would preffer older bigger Jade version! I love their bigs heads! Its like Mecha Angels, this scale of detail is better to me then on tiny head T_T!
      I just recieved my Echium head from last order and thanks god he is the same, so still big.

20. Just wanna share pictures of my NS Spiritdoll body with body blushing. It's intended for a normal-yellow IOS Sezz head. If God forbid the resin doesn't match, I MIGHT have to sell the body, which is why it's still partially covered in bubble wrap >_< But I'm so in love with it! I wanna keep it and just look for a pretty head to match it! :(

The first picture was taken with natural light and the last two were taken at night, with yellow light:

[​IMG]

I really love these ripples:
      [​IMG]

And the back! Oh my!
      [​IMG]