1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Spirit doll Feedback (ALL)

Sep 13, 2009

1. What did you order?Spiritdoll Proud body
      When did you order?2011-08-05
      How was the communication?Awfull. Didn't even get a shopping notice, nevermind my messeges not being replied to :p
      How easy was it to pay?Very, was all through paypal.
      How long did it take to ship?Approx. 4-5 weeks.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?Very much so. It's not particuarly heavy resin but the finish is nice and the sculpting is superb. To top it off the body even poses brilliantly. Also came in his own carrier bag!
      Did the item look like the sales pictures?Yes.
      Were you satisfied with the product?Yes.
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?N/a
      Would you order from this company again? Certainly.
      Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes.

2. What did you order?
      Elegance boy body

When did you order?

25th July

How was the communication?

At first they didn't take too long to reply, but after a while they took longer to respond.

How easy was it to pay?

Very simple, you send them the money through paypal, though I wasn't aware beforehand that they charged paypal fees.

How long did it take to ship?

I think it took around 7~8 weeks.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes, the seams are sanded down is is lovely and the body poses well. I like the way they sent the doll with the thick pillow and doll bag.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?

Yes & no? lol. After a few weeks from when I had placed my order, they updated the body. After comparing photos I noticed they sent me the new one which was nice of them. So I guess No in the sense that I was expecting to receive the older body but otherwise the body I got looks like the photos on site.

Were you satisfied with the product?

Yes

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?

n/a

Would you order from this company again?
      Yes

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      If I couldn't buy their product directly from them, maybe yes. I prefer to buy things new.

3. * What did you order?
      A wig.

* When did you order?
      8/10/2011

* How was the communication?
      They responded very slow, so not very good. Actually, they didn't respond to me before I actually got the item in mail. No shipping notice what so ever.

* How easy was it to pay?
      Only trouble I had was to figure out which email to send it to (didnt know the difference between a cc-account and non-cc-account then!) But after that: Very easy!

* How long did it take to ship?
      Not a clue, really. It arrived in the mail just few weeks later, though.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes, I really think so.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Very much, yes.

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      I couldn't be happier with it!

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      N/A

* Would you order from this company again?
      Sure!

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Depends on how well the product has been treated, if it's still good, then yes.

4. What did you order? Girl proud body 1st version, small bust piece, 3 wigs, male outfit and 2 pair of shoes

When did you order?
      end of august 2011

Good at the beginning and for important things. but I received no shipping note, and no answer about shipping schedule. not that I'm bothered for this ^_^

How easy was it to pay? Easy with paypal.

Two months, more or less

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? yes

Did the item look like the sales pictures? yes

Were you satisfied with the product? perfectly satisfied. the body is a dream!

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? n/a

5. What did you order? No face up Firson doll with Jade event head . On 3 month layaway .

When did you order? 09/12/2011

How was the communication? Good . Sent me emails promptly . Although . . . Spiritdoll didn't respond to guestbook questions right away .
      Still hasn't responded to a complaint . ((see below))

How easy was it to pay? Paypal

How long did it take to ship? Finished layaway 11/13/2011 , got a tracking number (via email) 12/05/2011 , arrived at my door 12/15/2011

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Eh . The resin feels not so smooth (compaired to my other dolls , might be the dirt thing . . . ) But he. . . Poses like a dream !

Did the item look like the sales pictures? Sure . hahaha

Yeah . I've always wanted him . Although . . .He arrived dirty and HAD STRANDS OF BLACK HAIR ALL OVER HIM >.> even in his joints . . . Posted complaint in guestbook .

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? It's been 5 days and still no comment by Spiritdoll .

Would you order from this company again? Yes . I'm hoping maybe it was just a stroke of bad luck .

Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Oh yes .

6. What did you order? Elegance Boy Body (Jointed Torso)

When did you order? A friend ordered for me around 12/14/2011

How was the communication?Very good, Spiritdoll replied to my friend very quickly.

How easy was it to pay?Simple - through paypal

How long did it take to ship?Shipping was very quick! The body arrived last week so about 5 weeks total.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Very! I love this body soo much. The resin feels different but that is probably because I haven't bought a Brand new doll in years. (All but one of my crew are second hand)

Did the item look like the sales pictures?Yes

Were you satisfied with the product? Absolutely - see above answers. Though I will say the magnet for his boy parts isn't as strong as I'd hoped they'd be. But in any case I have no real need for them so it's not a huge problem.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?N/A

Would you order from this company again?Without a doubt! I was very pleased with my purchase so yes!

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?Yes

7. *cough cough* Ahem, it's about time I do this for all the Spirit orders I've placed...

What did you order? Spirit Doll Proud LE - Dark
      When did you order? 5/05/2010
      How was the communication? Very good - Ying was responsive and pleasant to talk to.
      How easy was it to pay? Via PayPal, extremely easy.
      How long did it take to ship? About five weeks after order.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Extremely appropriate - he's absolutely beautiful.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, exactly like.
      Were you satisfied with the product? Extremely
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A

What did you order? Spirit Doll Proud Jointed Hands, Grey Skin (Dark special order)
      When did you order? 7/08/2010
      How was the communication? Very good
      How easy was it to pay? Easy via PayPal
      How long did it take to ship? Three weeks, because they waited for the order period for the hands to close.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Very appropriate for special order hands.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes - I think they're nicer in person though because you can see every little detail, like their slightly elongated nails.
      Were you satisfied with the product? Very satisfied!

What did you order? Spirit Proud Firson (blank), Spirit Doll Thorn (faceup)
      When did you order? 10/10/2010
      How was the communication? Very good - Spirit was very responsive and accomodating to my layaway needs.
      How easy was it to pay? Extremely easy to pay via PayPal.
      How long did it take to ship? I paid via their 90 day layaway period, and received my dolls two weeks after they were paid off.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? As always, extremely appropriate. I love Spirit's resin and their body styles.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Exactly
      Were you satisfied with the product? Very satisfied!

What did you order? Spirit Doll Elegance Body, special order LE Resin, replacement option parts for Proud body, pair of black leather pants
      When did you order? 12/13/2011
      How was the communication? A bit less communicative than normal, which is to be expected since they're a small company and were running their winter event. They were still very responsive.
      How easy was it to pay? Easy as pie through PayPal
      How long did it take to ship? Just about five weeks.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Very appropriate, well made.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      Were you satisfied with the product? Very

Never realized how much I've bought from them @_@

8. What did you order?
      Elegance Lavender doll, single piece torso, blank, in tan skin

When did you order?
      February 16

They marked my status as paid on February 19 on the site, and sent me a notice with tracking number when she shipped. Since I only contacted them to send my own payment confirmation, this was all I actually needed, so for me personally, it was good - however, I do still wish to note this doesn't seem to exactly be common practice and their communication tends to be a bit more... sporadic.

How easy was it to pay?
      Easy enough, through Paypal

Shipped March 28, arrived April 7~

Yes.

They've updated the jointing on the body since her sales pictures were taken (which I already knew, and are shown in the images for the seperate body listing now anyway), but yes.

Yes, for sure.

(N/A)

Oh I certainly will be, lol.

If it was something I couldn't get first hand, then yes

9. What did you order?
      NS Spritdoll Proud Male Body v2, jointed hands, and a pair of jeans.

When did you order?
      Feb 9, 2012

Well, the only contact I needed with them was when I put in my order, and they changed my status to "Paid" rather quickly. They didn't email me a shipping notice though.

How easy was it to pay?
      About as easy as it gets since I used Paypal.

It arrived on April 26, so... about two and a half months.

Heck yes. I've heard their clothing wasn't that great, but the only complaint I have is that the button on the jeans bends. Oh, and definitely wash any dark clothing! <-Not a complaint, but needs to be said.

Naw, it's even better because it's right next to me.

Yes! Unfortunately, the body is a terrible match for my head (which is older and from a different company), but that's another story~

N/A

10. What did you order?
      2nd version NS Proud Male body and Black leather Pants

When did you order?
      16 February 2012

There was none, which worried me at first, but then I just gave up on trying to contact them.

How easy was it to pay?
      Extremely; paid through PayPal.

I don't know; they never sent me a shipping notice, so I don't know when they shipped the package, but it took 10 weeks and 5 days for it to finally get here from the day I ordered. -shrug.-

Was the quality appropriate for the price?
      I truly think so! The body is a big hunk of good-looking resin, and I think it's just perfect for my formerly-floating head. x3

Did the item look like the sales picture?
      It certainly does! Every part of it! XDD

Extremely! Even though SpiritDoll lacks communication with its customers, I will definitely order from them again in the very near future.

11. What did you order?
      Tan Elegance body (Jointed torso)

When did you order?
      13th of March 2012.

Inexistant at first, back by late April.

How easy was it to pay?
      Okay, through paypal, though I had to calculate the paypal fees to add on my own.

It was shipped on the 12th of May, so almost perfectly 2 months later. However I was NOT given the tracking the day it was shipped but a week later, aka on the 19th of May. It arrived on the 21st of May.

Definitely.

Yes.

Yes.

N/A

12. What did you order?
      WS Elegance Boy body, torso joint

When did you order?
      February 18th, 2012.

Pretty spotty for the most part. My questions were answered eventually, but they seemed only to respond if there was a crisis.

How easy was it to pay?
      Pretty easy, through PayPal. I didn't realize at first that you had to also sign their Guestbook to say that you had paid, so I don't know when my order was actually received (when I paid, or half a week later when I signed). It didn't seem to matter very much, in reality.

It took 13 weeks and a few days to ship, and a week to travel to me. I got a tracking number from Ying on May 23rd, received it on May 30th.

Absolutely.

Yes.

With the body, yes; I also had ordered a pair of boots for my gf's doll, and when I inquired about when my doll would be shipped I was told that he was ready, but the boots were sold out. Ying said I could choose between a refund, a different pair of shoes, or to wait until the boots were back in stock to be sent with my doll. I asked for a refund on the boots. I am not particularly pleased that they went out of stock after I had paid for them. :/

Nope. Mostly because I don't want anything else from this company, but I would really not like to deal with them again anyway. <__<

Sure.

13. What did you order?
      WS Proud boy body and a lucky wig bag

When did you order?
      Jan 16, 2012

Non-existent. Spiritdoll does not confirm payments aside from on their website and does not provide a shipping notice.

How easy was it to pay?
      Relatively straightforward.

It arrived unexpectedly March 20, so two months. Not bad, for Spiritdoll, but there were issues with the order that took longer to resolve.

Frankly, I was disappointed, as I'd heard nothing but good things about Proud bodies. I've had to do a lot of work to make it satisfactory.

Yes.

No. It was missing one of its optional parts, and it had been soaked through, making everything smell of mildew. It took weeks of airing out to make the smell go away.

I contacted Spiritdoll about the missing pieces right away, and numerous emails were exchanged before the missing pieces finally showed up unexpectedly the first week of July.

14. What did you order?
      Proud girl body type 2

When did you order?

2 October 2012

Good, actually. I posted my order, order number and payment date in the Guestbook and got a confirmation quite soon. When my order was shipped, I received an e-mail with a tracking number.

How easy was it to pay?
      Easy, through Paypal. However, to avoid Paypal costs I had to transfer money to my Paypal account and send the payment to one of two Spiritdoll accounts. It's a bit of hassle, I guess, but it all worked fine.

Only a month! I was pleasantly surprised.

It's not cheap, but it is a beautiful body and it poses very well.

Yes, it certainly meets my expectations.

Absolutely! Apart from the fact that it is beautifully sculpted, it also has nicely finished, heavy resin. It's really quite lovely and a perfect fit for the head I destined it for.

n/a

15. What did you order?
      Smart line Liana
      When did you order?

In October 2013
      Well, can't complain. My e-mails and messages in guestbook were usually answered the next day.
      How easy was it to pay?
      Via PayPal.
      20 days.
      Yes, the doll is beautiful, holds poses well.
      Yes, exactly like sales pictures.
      Yes, I will certainly order from this company again.

n/a

16. * What did you order?
      Smart line Pyrus - WS - FAceup and an outfit
      * When did you order?
      Beginning of July 2014
      * How was the communication?
      A bit more difficult than the last time I ordered with them.
      They had just changed the website and it wasn't running stable, switching between the old and the new, so I couldn't follow my order on the website. (I got my points transferred to my new account though)
      The response time was always rather fast.
      As I also lost my original invoice due to mailing problems, I had to ask for it again for customs, and only after 3 mails they were able to send me a copy.
      But all considered, I have had w
      * How easy was it to pay?
      Rather easy with paypal
      * How long did it take to ship?
      Longer than necessairy. 2 months after ordering, the doll was finished, but I still had to wait for a part of the outfit,, which took another 3 weeks to be complete. And then I had to wait another week because of national holidays.
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order?
      Nope
      * Would you order from this company again?
      I guess not too soon anymore due to the high customs fees I had to pay for their shipment.

For my Dark, 4 years ago, I had to pay 175€, for Pyrus 122€
      the first time I thought it was just bad luck, but they have problems with declaring the content and value of the package.
      I remember that my Dark was valued at 10$ and Pyrus didn't even get a value.
      Customs people might be easily fooled, but they are not stupid :s
      I will send them an email about the order and my experiences, and hope that they will put a "realistic" value on the boxes of other customers, to avoid their extra costs.

17. What did you order?
      Proud body

When did you order?
      January 31, 2015

Good, i contact the with e-mail, they can speak English.

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy, i pay via paypal

About 3 months

Yea, it's appropriate, i'm happy with it.

Yes, it is

Absolutely.

-

18. What did you order?
      Dolce line Camelia, holiday event Bastet
      When did you order?
      12/10/14
      They did not update the order status after listing it as "confirmed" on their website, but did answer my inquiries as to order status when I messaged them on their contact board about 12 and 14 weeks into the wait.
      How easy was it to pay?
      Payment by paypal, easy.
      Acutal shipping time was fine 2 weeks more or less via EMS from China. Order prep time was slightly longer than the 11-14 weeks till delivery as advertised for dolls with faceup. More like 16 weeks. I did order during their holiday event and that might have something to do with it.
      High quality resin no noticeable bubbles or flaws in casting. The sculpting is very naturalistic and artistic, on par with say Volks and other high end BJD companies. Yes, its worth it.
      Yes, and they were very clear about what did and didn't come with the dolls as shown. Face-ups are very close to pics.
      I love them. Wish I had ordered Bastet with faceup.
      I am overall very happy with my order and would order again. they did forget to include the random pair of glass eyes with Camelia as stated on her webpage. I have lots of better eyes that size so I didn't make a fuss about it.

19. What did you order?
      Two dolls... NS Proud Olea (Version 2 body, Medium bust) and NS Herculean Ulmus, both with faceups.

When did you order?

October 30, 2015

Non-existent. I never received order confirmation, payment confirmation or shipping emails from the company. The only way I had any clue regarding my order's status was checking their web site regularly... I really can't recommend ordering from Spirit Doll if you're one of those buyers who's only satisfied with constant communication and a lot of hand-holding. They don't seem to work that way.

How easy was it to pay?

Very. I paid in full when I placed the order, using PayPal.

Just over three months.

Absolutely. The dolls are both gorgeous and arrived well-packed and in perfect condition.

The sculpts themselves did, and my Ulmus' faceup was pretty close to the one pictured. My Olea's had some... unusual... color choices, though. (TEAL cheek-bone shading on a brown and red-toned face-up, guys? REALLY? o_O) It's in the same style as the pictured one, but the over-all look just isn't as nice thanks to the boldness of the blue.

Over-all, I am. I'll eventually have to replace the Olea's face-up but that's just a matter of personal taste. Another owner might just as easily love the teal cheekbones. :lol:

I didn't have any serious issues to sort out, so I can't say for certain how they would have handled that... But given that they never sent emails re: any OTHER part of the ordering process, I doubt they would respond to emails about problems quickly.

Would I buy from them again?
      I would. I'm impressed by the over-all quality of the dolls... I'm considering adding a Dolce Campsis to the crew at some point.

#39 Brightfires, Feb 4, 2016
      Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    20. Hello everyone, I was just wondering - does anyone have more recent feedback? Within 2017 or this year? I'd be very interested to know. Thank you.