1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Spirit doll Feedback (ALL)

Sep 13, 2009

1. @Sarahann15 At your service!

What did you order?
      Spiritdoll Smart girl body in white skin

When did you order?

April, 05, 218

How was the communication?

Almost non existent. After I had paid the body in full (on the same day I've put up my order) the status on their website was "processing" for three months and no updates. After three months I first contacted them and asked about an update, they answered in English and said that the body should be shipped soon. So I waited but nothing happened... After three more weeks I asked them again about the status of my order and they said that it should be shipped soon. Ugh.
      Three days after their reply I received the package with the body! The status on their website changed to "shipped" and they sent me the tracking number ca a week after I've already received the doll. So I'd say the communication isn't very good but at least they do reply to your emails.

How easy was it to pay?

Very easy and comfortable; I paid in full when I placed the order, using PayPal.

How long did it take to ship?

Almost four months!

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      The quality is amazing, no complaints! The body has a very nice white color and absolutely no seam lines. The Smart girl body is by far the best poser in my collection!

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes, definitely. The sculpt of the body (especially the hands) is very delicate and full of details.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Absolutely yes!

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?

With my order there were no problems to be solved so I can't speak from experience. But tbh I doubt that a company who doesn't send out the shipping notice on time and seemingly replies with generic answers (body will be shipped soon, thank you for your patience) would be of great help in case there are problems.

Would I buy from them again?
      Actually I did buy from them again :XD: After I've received the body I was so impressed with their resin quality and sculpting work that I ordered a Smart head sculpt including face up in white skin. Hopefully the resin will match!

2. Wow~ thank you so much for sharing this, that's super helpful!!! I really appreciate it!

3. @Sarahann15 You're very welcome! Hopefully my review will help other people aswell to decide if purchasing from Spiritdoll is worth it or not :)

4. What did you order?
      Snowdrop with jointed torso and a sleeping version head.
      When did you order?
      August 2018
      Late. I got a confirmation when I ordered and didn't get a shipping notice until after I already recieved my doll
      How easy was it to pay?
      Really easy. Just put items into cart and then used paypal.
      Barely 3 months
      Yes
      Even better than
      Yes. Absolutely
      N/A

5. What did you order?
      BJD Spruce 70cm Boy Ball Jointed Doll

When did you order?

05 January 2019

I ordered through the Legend Doll website so didn't communicate directly with Spiritdoll.

How easy was it to pay?

Very easy to pay using layaway.

Shipped within the expected timeframe.

Yes. The doll was bigger than I expected which is a good thing.

Yes

Yes

6. What did you order? Olea with faceup in tan skin, two wigs (Olea wig, and WD104), and the "8234" tall laced boots. The Monsieur Lapin head was free w/ event.
      When did you order? December 6
      How was the communication? Not great. First, my order wasn't listed as confirmed until after I emailed them two weeks later. (My paypal email is different from my registered email, and I think that was the cause.) They did respond to the email in two days. They emailed me Dec. 30 to ask what color skin/ faceup I wanted for Monsieur Lapin, and replied to my reply three days later. I contacted them through their web site after about five months to check the status and got a really standard form reply in two days, addressed to "dear customer". I contacted them again two months later to check again, and never got a reply. The doll arrived 11 days later with no shipping notice whatsoever, and status was changed to "received" the next day. I had been checking my user page on their site in case they updated the info there without any email, and while the status on "my order" never changed, at this moment "tracking packages" leads me to an option to connect to China's EMS. It sends me to a page error, in Chinese, and I don't know if that's because the packaged already arrived two weeks ago, or because the tracking number embedded in the link is wrong, or if there is no tracking number embedded in the link, or.....
      How easy was it to pay? Easy.
      How long did it take to ship? Six and a half months. She came June 21.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Great. The seam lines are all sanded, the faceup is beautiful. The carrier isn't as smelly as I worried it would be. The wigs are both lovely.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, mostly. Spiritdoll doesn't have any pictures of Olea in tan, and I haven't been able to find anywhere on the Internet (searching in English, Japanese, or Chinese). I was a little worried that they would use the same faceup as they did for the sales picture, but they didn't (the lower eyebrows aren't as pronounced, for instance, and I don't see any of the teal color that people complain about in Olea's default makeup), so not looking the same is a plus for me.
      Were you satisfied with the product? Yes. Except maybe the boots; she can't stand well in them, even though she's super solid barefoot.
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      Would you order from this company again? ...Maybe? But next time, I will seriously consider going through a dealer.
      Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Oh yes!

7. What did you order?
      - Grace 65cm Male Body (Single Torso).

When did you order?
      - March 28th, 2019.

- N/A

How easy was it to pay?

- I used taobao agent and paid through them, pretty easy though.

- About 2 months. He came in June 10th.

- Yes yes yes. I really like it. No seam lines noticeable; beautiful hands sculpt (torso & legs too) and super nice, steady carrier bag for ~300$ <3 (if you order through their taobao shop).

- Yes.

- Yes.

- N/A.

#47 abs.ccc, Jul 13, 2019
      Last edited: Jul 26, 2019