1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Spiritdoll - Elegance line - 58cm girls & 61cm boys!

Jul 4, 2010

1. I'm really loving the both boy bodies. Not too much and not too little on muscles though I wish they were a little taller but clothes can fix that. Its a wee bit over my budget for a body but I'll think about it some more (crosses fingers for a promotion sale or something;)). Since it looks like it'll match my boy...pretty sure (volks/iplehouse=sng ns?)*_* Guess this bod will be on the "Close-eyes-throw-a-dart-and-buy-whichever-its-on" which would be a 33% chance.

2. Great photo, Mosaicwolf! :)

I posted a bunch of resin comparisons here against Spiritdoll NS (last year). Tomorrow, I will take a photo of July 2010 Spiritdoll NS against last year's NS.

3. These are very lovely-looking dollies and bodies!

I love how petit the girl body is, and how the bust is small.

This is a very exciting new release! :)

4. Might have to brin Sequoia home; hes just too darn cute! :D would love to see them in tan skin- would definetly dish out the dough for a gray Sequoia!

5. I adore the new body!!!!!! I do wish it was a 70cm...not because I think it would be better that way, (I really like the 60cm size actually :) ), but becasue that body would be PERFECT for a minimee head I recently got, but it's too small! lol
      Still...I really, really, really love the new boys!!
      REALLY like their outfits as well :)

6. I doubt it's going to be a solid match, but the DD yellow is supposed to match Volks normal fairly well, and the comparison on the SD site with Volks normal looks -- while not perfect -- not bad at all. ;) That's all I'm basing it on, hence the 'maybe kinda sorta', or 'close enough that blushing could probably close the gap passably well'. Visually, I think the female elegance body could look gorgeous with the head I have. It sounds like the DD bodies are a total of 58cm with head, so 56.5cm with head isn't a -huge- difference, either. *scheming and pondering*

7. I love the girl's body and the clothes! Awesome sculpts & atmosphere...Now I'm going to their shop to see the new dolls.

Wonderful bodies<3!!

8. their bodies are amazing detailed, but their heads... brrr no. i still don't understand why they don't make one realistic detailed headsculpt to go with their bodies.

9. I love the head sculpts now they are painted up. Yew was instant love but I'm not sure if I can fit more cute big eyed boys into my collection (I allways fall for them...) Sequoia is lovely too and has a touch of school head A about him...

10. I was sold on the boy body absolutely before, but now that I see the girl in resin, I will probably bring her home sometime in the future~! :D I love the Volks-esque feel of the body actually, and her size is perfect for my crew! Of the headsculpts, I like Holly best, but overall they are not really my style. Still gorgeous though! In the meantime, I'll see about putting that boy body on layway~ :aheartbea

edit: I also really want those outfits! >_<

11. Wow, their bodies are amazing! But what on earth is wrong with the face-ups of the girls? They look like they're running a terrible fever! I love their sulky, surly faces, but especially Lycoris, Ivy and Lavender look as if they're going to drop dead any time. Then again, Holly's just-recovering-from-lingering-malady face-up makes me swoon :)

12. Comparison of Volks Oldskin (circa 2003, but my Megu has never been outside of the house and is stored in her box), Spiritdoll NS 2009, and Spiritdoll NS 2010
      [​IMG]

surreality -- I think in the Picture Request forum, someone posted pictures of their Crobidoll (also a good match for Volks) on a DD NS-Y body and the NS-Y appears to be at least 2 shades darker. Spiritdoll NS (at least the two separate batches I have) tends to be paler than Volks.

13. Thank you for the info! I'll have to think hard on this one, then. From the pic there, it isn't enough of a difference to viscerally bug me, but with the darker DD, it might get iffy. I'm wondering if blushing still couldn't help balance it out some, though. If the base tone is fairly close, it may not be that bad. (It's better than one being a pinky base and the other being a yellow base, at least.)

14. Spiritdoll (the 2010) is slightly peachier than the 2009 batch. I think with proper blushing the match to Volks or pale yellow-toned resins might not be too bad. It is definitely pinker and a much closer match to Iple NS than the 2009 Spiritdoll though (I suspect current Spiritdoll NS is probably closer to Luts RS than Volks). I've never been a stickler for perfect matches, but it's a tough call with the DD NS-Y as it did look definitely darker in the photos (same colour family though).

15. The new sculpts take my breath away! I'm really taken with Lavender and I wish they sold her outfit too. Jointed hands for the girls pretty please SpiritDoll, that would solidify everything. :-)

16. Wow the body sculpts are amazing! So detailed!
      Yew and Sequoia I think are my favorite. I guess I prefer the boy's for the head sculpts. ^^

17. It's the pureskin, I think, that I've seen the DD match with, rather than the oldskin, which might be a help, too. There's a pic of it in the DD matching thread from Mint on Card that looks pretty good. It'll likely be several months before I can give it a try, sadly, but it's definitely worth the try I think.

That body is lovely and perfectly suited to what I wanted to do with the head -- make a more youthful/ageless spirit creature sort. The DD faces are wonderfully ageless that way, and this body looks like it could do the same very well; it has 'adult' details, but youthful lines, and that combination seems like it could be utter perfection for the concept.

18. ah! thank you everyone for all this great info. Spiritdoll bodies and faces are amongst my favourite!

And thanks surreality, I just didn't know how different the shade of yellow can get lol I wish we could order a 'sample' chip of resin (like paint chip) LOL

Now I just need to come up with a good savings plan...

19. Sephydoll posted a Crobi head on the DD NS-Y body here. I really love the sculpting and posing ability of the Spiritdoll bodies. I really look forward to what everyone does with theirs! :)

EDIT: Oooh! Just saw some new photos in the Box Opening forum...it would appear that DD's most recent NS-Y (I think) is lighter and pinker. Don't know if that works better for your plans, but I hope it's helpful info.

20. Bah they're so wonderful these Elegance bodies! I'm kind of glad I'm not partial to any of the heads - bar one (Lycoris) but I really do not like that 'I have a fever' face up she has. I'm glad because I wont be too tempted to spend any money XD Lets hope I don't get any floating heads I *really* need a body for, because Spiritdoll Elegance will be the first place I look XD