1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Spiritdoll Herculean Line Discussion

Nov 4, 2011

1. I cannot see the picture of it in resin.

2. Here you go, louiselle:

[​IMG]

I honestly cannot get over how great this guy is looking. That slight slouch he has going there makes my mouth water XD

3. He's a bit taller, but those measurements are similar to Iple EID model, so big but a bit leaner. Comparison with EID in black and Herulean in red. Measurements in parentheses are my own.

* Height: 70.5 cm (69 cm) 75 cm
      * Circumference of chest : 36.5 cm 37 cm
      * Width of shoulder : 18 cm 17 cm
      * Length of arm : 25 cm 24 cm
      * Circumference of arm : 12.3 cm 13.5 cm
      * Circumference of waist : 26 cm 30 cm
      * Circumference of hip : (33 cm) 36 cm
      * Circumference of thigh : 20 cm 20.5cm
      * From waist to tiptoe : 45 cm 44cm
      * Length of foot : 10.2 cm 9.5cm

4. O O O This gotta be on my wishlist! definitely on!!

OMG that's body is hottt!!!

5. The vein detail is amazing, so life like, still wonder if he will have option parts like the Proud body, or are they just not going to do that with this one?

6. RE: Option parts, I think there is a definite separation between his junk and his body (it's easier to see on the clay prototype, but you can see it on the resin form as well), so they are definitely two separate pieces. Whether that means there are "optional poses" - I don't know, but I think that it's at least removable.

This guy is impressive, but he's got to weigh a TON. I tried fiddling around with a Soom Idealian, and man... those guys weigh as much as a baby. Someone who doesn't have a lot of upper body strength, like me... Has no chance in being able to pose him because I need both of my arms just to hold him up properly without dropping.

7. Kirika, thank you!

I actually really like this body. I think it will be great for a muscular character I have been planning. He can make my Proud Spiritdoll feel small...

8. Oh wow, he's amazing! I love everything about the body, wow. I just hope they release new heads for him.

9. Oh my lord, me wanty. I think I just found the body for my tree man.:dance

10. Your welcome, louiselle ^_^

I'm also hoping for some new head sculpts to go with this amazing body. None of the standard Proud sized ones really clicked with me.

11. Comparison with IDealian too:

EID model / EID super hero / IDealian / Herculean

Height: 70.5cm / 70cm / 72cm / 75cm
      Circumference of chest: 36.5cm / 38.9cm / 37cm / 37cm
      Width of shoulder: 18cm / 19cm / 19cm / 17cm
      Length of arm: 25cm / 24cm / 29.5cm / 24cm
      Circumference of arm: 12.3cm / 14cm / 12cm / 13.5cm
      Circumference of waist: 26cm / 28.7cm / 28cm / 30cm
      Circumference of hip: 28cm / 36.7cm / 33cm / 36cm
      Circumference of thigh: 20cm / 21cm / 20.5cm / 20.5cm
      From waist to tiptoe: 45cm / 43.5cm / 48cm / 44cm
      Length of foot: 10.2cm / 10.2cm / 9.5cm / 9.5cm

I'm kinda worried about the hip size. I'm not a seamstress so I don't know if 2cm difference is gonna be too much. Better go and buy stretchy EID super hero leather pants ; D

Comparing everything else, I think he'll have no problem wearing the other guys' shirts and shoes.

12. Looks like he's being released December 1st.

13. This makes me wish I didnt get my monzo his body! >_< I love how tall this is!

14. have been drooling over this body for a month and am loving the new heads. awesome job spiritdoll!

15. lol! not really into big boys, but I'll be stalking this thread and Spiritdoll. I might change my mind after seeing more of Thuja...

16. Gah, I cannot stop staring at Thuja...which is bad, because I don't need anything that tall! XD I am fairly certain he is ending up on the must-haves list anyway, despite that....

17. Really love this! I'm thinking an EID head could go on it....

18. The neck measurement is 13cm so I'm guessing EID, Megagem, and ID could all swap heads with this body. Not taking into account resin matching.

19. As someone who sews, 2cm can make a difference unless your dealing with stretch, so go buy those leather pants! I'm really surprised about the inseam, though. I was thinking a good part of the 5cm difference between EID and Herculean would be in the leg. But since that's not true it means a longer torso, which might affect how well shirts fit.

He is absolutely gorgeous!

Edit: On the news page different measurements for the Herculean body are listed than those above:

Measurement of the Herculean male body:
      Total height&#65306;75cm
      Girth of the head: 23cm
      Girth of the neck: 13cm
      Width of the shoulder: 19cm
      Length of the arms: 22cm
      Girth of the bicep: 13cm

Girth of the forearm: 12cm
      Girth of the chest: 37cm
      Girth of the waist: 28cm
      Girth of the hips: 36.5cm
      Length from shoulder to hip: 22cm
      Girth of the thigh: 20cm
      Girth of the calf: 16.5cm
      Length from bellybutton to foot: 46cm
      Length of the feet: 9.2cm

20. Oh, nah, this won't do, I think this body needs to be sexier.
      /DIES.

Oh god I just love Spiritdoll so much, ahhh ;U; Now I'm conflicted if I should continue saving for a Firson or if one of their new Herculean sculpts would work better for the character. <3