1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SQ-Lab Discussion Thread

Feb 27, 2012

1. Anyone can give photos of blank SQ Lab heads? :D Probably with the head cap on and off as well? Thank you... >.<

2. I actually think SQ-Lab posts pictures of each head blank as well as painted?

3. Yeah, the hole in th SQ Lab head is waaaay too small to fit any sd sized elastic through. However, I doubt it would be a very difficult mod, especially with a dremel on hand. I have both a resin volks and a cp delf. Neither of their resins match. My sq girl almost looks brown next to them.

4. I want to see the neck hole... XD;;;

5. Hmm, I want a SQ-Lab but I keep hearing stories about some heads don't really fit DDII bodies. And what type of tape do I use to keep her head cap on? I'm thinking of putting Akane head on a DDII body with L-Bust.

6. I'm thinking of just purchasing the head. I think they are beautiful and on a DD body they don't look too small or too big IMO. But maybe if I search for more SQ Lab heads on DDII body.

7. I know I posted a picture of Cinnamon already in the DD thread, but here is another one just to show that the scale is not that off. I was worried about the small-ness of the SQ lab heads myself, but once my girl was all put together it wasn't noticable in the slightest.

[​IMG]

8. I love your Moe. I kind of want one now....You can't really tell the off-ness. She even go great with the Peach Pai piece. But if the head is a little off you can just get a nice wig, right?

9. Thank you! I'm guessing SQ Lab is the one on the right side? >.>
      If it's resin... Is it hard to push the neck part in?

10. My Tsubaki is on a DDdy body and I think she looks pretty good, proportion wise. I have not had any trouble with her head falling off; it takes a good shove to get it on.

11. Muu, I was hoping my Ren head would match my new Resinsoul body that no one else matches, but she doesn't. I really was hoping it would work, but I'm glad I didn't Dremel the head before I checked.

12. Just for reference, here's a pic of my SQ Labs Kaoru head on DDS body, with DD2 M bust:
      [​IMG]

The reason I mention bust is that I *think* DDS bust has narrower shoulders, so it may be better proportioned for smaller heads.

The color match is pretty good, SQ Labs is a bit pink but better matched to the beige Volks vinyl than the other resins I've got. Head cap is rough on the edges but stay on fine with silicone ear plugs holding it. No probs with the head staying on the DD neck post, it works great for me. The DDS is a bit tricky though because the new neck post curves.

13. What a cute Erio cosplay! x3 I think a DDS body does help a lot because they are more petite than the DD body.

Also, random, but appears we have some new heads! :O (At least, I can't seem to match them up with other molds...) Plus, they always seem to put their new stuff up on Y!J before their site.
      Head 1
      Head 2
      Head 3
      Head 4

14. I personally like the way they look on an Obitsu 60cm body better. The neck doesn't look as thick or long but I still can't figure out how to connect my Hibiki head onto the Obitsu body I have esp. since I lost the connector...

Those do seem to be new heads! They appear to be called 'Miyuki', 'Silvia' (?), 'Tachibana' and 'Madoka'.

15. Yes, it's on the right.
      It's not very hard to put it on body, but to stay in place I used some eye-putty inside the head.
      Maybe not the best idea, but it works for now.

[​IMG]
      Enchanted evening by Kumi 27, on Flickr

And I never really had a problem with her proportions on the DDII body...

Of course, some people may be accustomed to big resin heads on resin bodies, but to me DDs have just different aesthetic. For example, longer than average legs.
      I only have one of the different SQLab head molds and can't do the comparison, but afaik they differ in size, too. Some are bigger than others.

16. MiQ69, jadepixel, sadistic_x_blood, what beautiful girls!

Pandy, that's a real shame, especially as I think the thin/petite body would scale nicely.

Could I possibly ask for a color comparison to your RS body? I'm playing with the idea of modding one of these girls for a resin body, and it would help me get the hang of the resin color as a starting point, as I don't have access to a DD to get the general idea.

Also, does anyone have a white SQ head? I'm wondering if they are pale-skin or snow white.

17. Thanks ^^
      SQ Lab WS heads are matching to DD WS. It's a pale skin so they should be as well.