1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SQ-Lab Discussion Thread

Feb 27, 2012

1. Hello first at all I hope you all are having a wonderful day and all your girls are very beautiful.

Second I hope you guys can help me. When you order a head or body and you live in USA how long do you have to wait to be deliver to you?? Do you really need to wait the 15 days after you pay or more??

Do you have to wait longer for a pre-order head with face-up??

Thank you very much in advance for your help :)

2. I'm sure faceups take more time. After all, they have to take the time to paint them.

When I ordered an SG body they told me they would begin production right away. I paid for the full order on 9-16-12, it shipped 10-17-12 and arrived 10-20-12.

3. Thank you very much for the info :)

4. Hiya! I've been eyeballing these bodies for a while, now I finally have a reason to splurge on one. I just got a Bimong Neferti head in some kind of normal urethane resin, I'm guessing Korea Normal?

Anyway, it matches Delf NS resin fairly well and is a close match to old (2006/7) Obitsu white. What skin tone should I order to have the best chances of matching?

All the Volks I have is old skin urethane in NS and WS and it isn't close to either at all.

Thanks!

5. That's a tricky one. This is the info straight from SQ-lab:

It's a hard choice between Real Skin and Normal Skin, really. I guess maybe make a request in Pic Requests for comparison between old Obitsu and DD? I have a DD body that's a year old that I could do a comparison with, but it's Normal Skin....

6. Thanks! One last question, is the real skin darker than the normal?

7. The real skin has a more yellow tone and the normal has a more pink tone. I can certain say normal does not match Volks DD normal or Obitsu white due to the pink tones. I have my suspicions that SQ lab Normal might match Obitsu fleshtone

8. That's very strange, because the owner of SQ Lab has two of his own (older normal skin) heads on obitsu bodies.

9. I own a Hibiki head in normal, and it was a tad too pink for my MDD normal body, and a tad too dark for my Obitsu 48cm white body when I initially got it. Over the course of a little over a year it has yellowed slightly and is now a slightly better match on the MDD body.

10. Are there many people still waiting on the orders from the last pre order? Reckon I should ask them about mine yet? I'm doing the itchy dance!

11. I switched out my girl's body to the Obitsu 50cm. The smaller, more girlish body suits her so much better in my opinion. Plus, it is so much easier to dress than the DDdy body.

A quick phone pic:
      [​IMG]

The body is also so much easier to deal with. XD I always feel like I'm trying to pose a giant transformers toy from the 80s when I play with the DD body. The obitsu body poses well and is not nearly as stiff or creaky.

12. I'm waiting on an order from the last round of body pre-orders, so you're not alone.

It's funny, I actually feel like my Obitsus creak more and are more difficult to pose than my DDs. However, I agree with you that the DDdy are more difficult to dress due to their hips and busts. The regular DD and MDD bodies are rather easy to dress.

13. got my girl painted up and got my JID Iplehouse Asa head on her XD I think it's a pretty good fit! Not perfect, but I'm happy with it.

[​IMG]

14. Dirili: Wow ... that is some body blushing!!! Very impressive :D

15. Thanks! :D

Forgot to mention that I reshaped the feet quite a bit too. Kind of hard to tell though if you don't have before and after pics close up... and I didn't take close up pics before I reshaped them.

16. Okay I couldn't help myself. I emailed them to ask how soon my Tsubaki might be ready. Placed my order on the 20th September for those of you playing along at home :3
      Gosh I'm just so tempted to buy every crazy colour wig possible. I'm doing well, only one green one on order so far.. that Leeke red is very tempting though *strokes chin*

17. I've been waiting on my order since Sept 24, and was told last week that it would ship sometime this week. Already Thursday and no shipping notice, I am a little worried about it, but only because I am so very excited for it to come in.

18. I got my response back from Ranka on Friday and I was told that Tsubaki would be shipping on Monday, but then about 2 hours later I got my tracking number. I should have her by tomorrow :D

19. I just got my shipping notice last night. Quite excited for my order. :)

20. Does anybody know if you can use the regular sized heads for the 26 and 31 cm body or will they look bobble headed? For DD there's only one size head for all the body types so I was just curious.