1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SQ-Lab Discussion Thread

Feb 27, 2012

1. From the info I've gathered, the KSG head is smaller than the regular heads. I ordered some of both, so I'll be able to do some comparisons to see if there's any bobble-headed-ness once they arrive.

2. Yay thanks, then I shall know if I can get the head I desire or stick to the chibi ones

3. my girl is here :3
      I haven't taken any real pictures of her yet, but here's a phone cam one of her.

[​IMG]

Still waiting on her green wig to arrive from Leeke but I think she's very cute!

4. Hi there! I have a question, I am planning to buy a Moe in Ksg body so I emailed them and asked how long will it take and Ranka replied 2-4days with face-up. So my question is are they pretty good with their words?

edit: I'm sorry please move this to Ksg thread.

5. I just discovered this company and I'm in love! I'm super excited that they are cast in resin instead of vinyl! I was heartbroken when my Obitsu Gretel got stained up from her black clothing and shoes... no need to worry about that with these girls :)

6. maybe i've missed them - but does any one have a white skinned doll from sq labs?

i'm hoping to make a hybrid with doll chateau - and while i know on the site it says it's the same color as dollfie dream white (which wouldn't be a problem for me as my saber alter is not much different from my dollzones), when i look at the pictures on the website the white looks much peachier/not all that white....

so i was hoping to find some owner pics. i saw the one white skinned chibi moe on the gallery and it does look pretty white, but that's been the only pictures i've found.

7. Wish I could help you darkmoth but I have a normal skin one myself.

I keep forgetting to mention that the torso of my doll has tiny bubbles on the front. So apparently at least the torso for my doll was cast flat backed and either the temperature was off or the mold wasn't vented properly. It wasn't really noticeable till I did the blushing. Anyone else have this issue? I'll try to get a pic later, but not sure if I'll be able to since I can't seem to get fine detail pics with my camera.

8. yeah, i still have my normal skinned hime head (i've tried putting her up for sale twice since i still haven't been able to get her a body, but both times i've taken her down because she's so cute ><;;; )

so i'm still trying to find a body for my little rei and have thought about getting an sq labs body, but i'm a little hesitant with the one piece torso as i personally find those hard to pose.

9. There is a resin comparison on their blog. I can't figure out how to link to the photo directly, but it is showing up on the top right of the blog. http://blog.naver.com/kanalcode
      I am trying to figure out if one of the bodies would fit my Neferti head by Bimong, and if the WS would match the Korea Normal or whatever this head I have is...

10. I compared my white skin SQ KSG girl with my Doll Chateau body, the SQ Lab white resin is slightly pinkish and definitely not a match for Doll Chateau at all.

Sorry for the ipad quality photo.

[​IMG]
      Doll in the center is SQ Lab KSG Moe in White resin. Other parts are as follows:
      1. Obitsu White (fair-ish match)
      2. Doll Chateau White
      3. Volks DD Normal
      4. SQ Lab Normal

Side note, the SQ Lab white matches alright next to my White DDII body, but my white DD body doesn't match my Doll Chateau at all.

11. nevermind. I found the answer to my question. Can't wait for the KSG-L to release!

12. thank you for the picture lordnoir. your girl looks way yellower than my saber (she's the second version on the new type 3 body) and my saber is a very close match to my dollzones (my understanding is that it's the same resin for doll chateau), so that's why i had hoped it would work out since the sq labs was supposed to match dd white.

but your picture looks very much like the color on the website so i'm a bit confused as to how it would match white dollfie dreams (unless the ones i've owned have been way off colored from volks... i had two other white type 2 dollfie dreams and they were both very pinky white)

however, rather than abandoning my plans, i'm just going to think about whether or not to do her in normal skin. of course, i may just splurge after the holidays and get the heads in white anyway ^^

13. It's a pinky white in person, it just showed up yellow on the photo for some reason. Even with the SQ Lab Normal is more pink in person while DD Normal looks yellow toned, but in pictures the SQ Normal shows up as yellow and the DD normal as pink. I have no idea why my camera does that. She(white Chibi Moe) does match my white DDII, so they will match, but the Doll Chateau doesn't match at all.

14. i have problems getting my camera to get the right color too ^^ but thanks so much for the info!

15. LordNoir: so... practically if I have a white skin Obitsu body and I'd like to have an SQ-lab heads for the body... the best matching color would be SQ-lab white skin? Btw... Thank you for the picture, it helps me a lot in seeing ther skin color differences ;)

16. SQ Lab White would be an alright match. I'd say it's about an 85% match. Enough that with a face-up and a wig, you likely won't be able to see a huge difference unless you're looking for it.

17. Thank you for the info! ;) I do plan to buy 2 SQ-lab heads for my Obitsus body, they'll be sisters :)

18. elsii~ Your little girl is super cute. Like you I got the school girl outfit along with my Tsubaki!!!

I haven't had any spare time lately to play with my girls but today I took her out for a bit and realized that all the outfits I had for her are too big :( I knew she was slimmer than SD13 but I thought maybe she could pull some of the outfits off. I'm sad. :...(

19. May I know... How long does it usually take from payment until the doll is ready to be sent?