1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SQ-Lab Discussion Thread

Feb 27, 2012

1. Sure, I will try to get you a picture either tonight or tomorrow. :D

Maaaaan though, those new heads... :D I am glad SQ-Labs doesn't offer any of the molds as limiteds like some companies do, because I want so many. OwO

2. I wish they would make their heads for resin bodies! Thanks for the picture of the neck hole. Now I'm glad I haven't tried to buy one.

It seems odd they don't make the heads for resin bodies. They wouldn't even have to make new headmolds, just mod the neck hole.

3. @Chehime
      I think the reason for the lack-of making for resin bodies makes sense. xD It's a easy mod either way. Just got to make the hole bigger! XD

@Pandy
      I hope they keep it that way! xD They are slowly getting bigger.

4. Here's my photo of my Ren head against my Resinsoul body. You can see how the head is sadly darker than the body. I wish I could find a way to finagle the head onto the body without taking out the s-hook, because I still want to try the combination out for a while.

[​IMG]

5. Beautiful girls... ^^ I like a lot of their heads... I haven't had the chance to buy any yet, since there are still some other dolls on my list, but some of them are definitely on my want-list! Maybe I'll just buy a WS head... @_@ Where do you guys send your SQ Lab heads to be painted?

6. Definitely send her to Hikaru132/Jeong132. He is a wizard with DDs and SQ lab heads. His prices are reasonable as well. He painted AND modded my moe to my precise specifications. Here is a link to his flickr: CLICK

7. Ah, you mean ohimesama? :D I've been watching her flickr! :D

8. Yes, but he is, in fact, a guy. :lol: Good to know for leaving feedback.

9. I would love to see WS comparisons!

I was thinking of eventually getting an open-mouthed head from SQ-Labs and making a hybrid with Dollzone's MSD girl Renata to create a sort of tribute character to Flandre Scarlet from Touhou. Sounds like it may be a rather complex task, though, what with the neckhole (had no idea it was like that). I have the feeling my girl would need her mouth and/or eyes to be modded a bit anyway, so I guess commissioning someone to open up the neckhole too wouldn't be too much extra trouble.

10. Duh!!! Thanks for that info! XDDDD

11. Thank you so much for that! Wow, it's quite a colour difference. That's RS normal skin? It looks white by comparison!

That helps too, thank you.

I'm starting to think I might just have to get over my fear of the vinyl, because I love these heads so much.

12. White Skin DD are somewhat similar to pale NS resin, so maybe SQ WS should match to at least some resin bodies. Maybe with light blushing.
      Here's comparison between AriaDoll NS (similar to Volks NS), DD NS and DD WS.

[​IMG]

13. I recommend ohimesama as well. He's painted my HDD-02 head and my SQ-Lab Tsubaki head. Both were done exactly how I wanted them, and his turnaround time is super fast! :)

14. I have to admit painting one of these girls myself terrifies me! Though it might be fun to try! They have such a different face-up style than other dolls.

15. Well, the resin is a little pinker than in that picture, but yes, the RS pink is pale compared to the head. I keep wondering if I could still get away with putting the two together if I just cover the head in many coats of MSC, but I might as well just save the money for an actual DD body. :XD: I was also disappointed to find the head matches my tiny Obitsu NS better than the WS, because I have a 50cm body I wanted her to fit on. Too bad! D:

I've found with my Obitsu that I really like vinyl dolls. Her joints are so much more manageable than my resin dollies, although the tradeoff is that I don't like putting her in dark colors that may stain at all. So all my DD clothes that I've bought so far are light colors and pinks. I am really eager to finish my little Ren, who also still needs a name. O_O

Chehime! Don't let it make you nervous! It is a chance to try a new style. You might wipe the first few, but it's a challenge! >:D

16. Hey all, it's so good to see info on these SQ heads! I personally find the head to be too small to be in scale with the DD body. Does anyone have a MDD body to put a SQ head on? I'm wondering if that might be a better fit.

17. i hope it's ok to ask here - but i'm really interested in eventually getting some heads and a number of eyes from sq-lab but i'm confused about the ordering process.... would some one be able to help me out? (feel free to pm me too) - i just don't know if i'm supposed to email them and then send the paypal payment.... or send them paypal payment and write in the comments section what it is i want to order...

but i have to admit, i'm head over heels in love with tsubaki and hime and can't help but squee over ren and haruka.

18. It's very simple luckily. You email your order and they'll email you back with total amount and pp account. Send payment (let them know you did) and then just wait. ^^ they will confirm order.

That's what I did and it seemed to work perfectly.

19. thanks so much ^^ now to save up!

20. Heeee, I got bored of thinking of ways to attach the head to a body without modding it, so I just went ahead and drew the elastic of my Resinsoul body through the little hole. It's still the body's original elastic, so it's thinner than what it should be, but it worked! I stuck the s-hook back in to keep it there. The head looks small compared to the long and thin body, she looks a little odd. But I have to say, the darker resin of the head doesn't stand out really that much when she's on and wearing a wig, so it looks kind of cute!
      Blurry picture time!

[​IMG]