1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SQ-Lab Discussion Thread

Feb 27, 2012

1. jadepixel: And I almost wrote to this thread that this new body looked like Ariadoll or Unoa Zero/2nd body. There are lots of similar bodies on the market.

I really like the aesthetics of this kind of body, they're coming from every angle but I'd like some more own ideas... :B Not that I'd complain. I'll probably get a head with the new body anyway. The size is what makes me excited.

2. Hey there's an SQ lab thread! When did that happen?? O.o
      Anywho... I come to be excited about the new body. I'm really happy that they're expanding their company, I love the SQ heads, it will be really cool to have a full SQ doll. I like the aesthetics of the body, I think the lines are really nice. I do however wish that there was a torso joint... but maybe that will come later. ^_^

Yeah, I'm surprised about that too. Maybe that will come later (I hope)! Really, that's the biggest thing that's not making me totally, hands down, commit to buying the body. :P

3. Freaking LOVE the body!!! Anime resin girls for the WIN!!! Squee!!! (not that I'll be getting one anytime soon, but I'm so glad the option is there!)

4. Ahaha my sentiments exactly!

5. I've had an SQ head on a DD and it hard to keep it still. It was a preorder so I was disappointed it wouldn't stay so I sold it.

6. I'm actually really excited about the body. Lately, it's been impossible to get Dollfie Dream bodies from Volks, so if this body is compatible with such heads I could see myself getting one, maybe even two. I'm actually really hoping the body might also be available in white also.

7. I just went over the fence (in case you didn't know, I was on the fence about this body :P) but now I'm totally getting one... when it's available and I have the monies. I can feel the excitement growing. I also like that they're compatible with DD heads, just makes everything so much more versitile. My original plan all along was to get a DDSister body for my Yukino... but yeah, the whole not in stock thing has been a bummer. :P I bet they'll be available in white, since the heads have that option (I think).

8. I'm really excited about the SQ body! I have a small shopping list of heads I wanted to get from SQ-labs, and now I can get the head and body in one hit! Also, as LordNoir has said, it's been harder to find the Volks body in stock these days.

9. The resin option is good, but let's not forget that Volks vinyl is not a 100% match to SQ Labs. XD

10. I'd really love to have this body for a small Dollmore girl head I have, but Dollmore normal skin is quite pale.

11. Maybe the white skin would work better with Dollmore skin? Assuming the bodies will be released in white skin too (the heads are, so I would imagine the bodies will be too).
      Either way, you'd probably have to mod the neck a lot for more traditional bjd heads to fit since SQ Lab heads have just a small opening for a neck peg that's found on the Dollfie Dream bodies. It doesn't sound like they're changing that since DD heads will fit on this body. But I'm sure something can be done. I'm really curious to see what the neck attachment will look like, since they will be strung. :o

12. I don't mind modding; I do it a lot anyway. I think I'll post in the picture request section to see if anyone has some comparison photos.

13. That's good then! :D

I'm still debating if I should buy the body for my DD head... or buy a head... I want a full SQ Lab doll, but my DD needs a new body as she's all cracked up like so many DDIIIs out there! D: Either way, I'm still really excited. I bet they'll make hand options eventually too, as they've done that in the past for other company dolls. I have high hopes for SQ LAB! :D

14. I wonder when they'll be up for sale...anyone know about how much they will be?

15. No clue! Maybe somewhere in the $350 range? I hope they release soon... and I hope production time won't be half a year. :sweat I'm going to have to sell a doll body to raise the funds, but I'm holding off until the dolls have been released and I know how much I need.

16. I'm curious about price and production time too. I am just sad I has no monies for all this! There is a list of like 4-5 heads from SQ that love! But it ain't gonna happen!

17. Well, few days ago Ranka said as follows:

So probably there should be already made some bodies.

18. I have a sq head, and love that they will now be making a body for her, but does anyone know if they will make a boy body?

19. Oooh that could be very good news! :D

vamlest1 - I haven't heard of any plans for a boy, but who knows what the future holds!

20. I really like the body, I don't know how their resin matches up with Volks NS (still reading through the thread, looks like WS is the choice?) But I am hoping for the body for one of my girls. I really like the aesthetics of it and the hands look really nice.